IGNORED

Have Teams Like Bolton And Stoke Overtaken Us?

binman

I've just arrived home from the Reebok stadium, and couldn't help wondering if our beloved Everton are in terminal decline.

We have no money, an old stadium and a tired looking team!

I have followed Everton home and away for over 15 years but I can't help wondering whether the likes of Bolton and Stoke(Even Blackburn for that matter), have overtaken us both on and off the pitch.

Those teams all have fantastic modern, comfortable stadiums, they all seem to be going places and they dont seem to be living in the past, as we sometimes do.

Maybe there is a new football pecking order and maybe Bolton, Stoke and Blackburn are above us now?!

I hope not!

New young manager, relegation battlers, Europe battling, physical, battling attitude but good football and tactics. You can see the similarities to us some time ago but not now! We should be showing our qualities (arsenal/chelsea/man u/ city) yet we aren't. That's the question and one Moyes needs to answer truthfully. Tactically he's getting it wrong- end of. Coyle is looking good.

Bolton deserve their position and efc clearly don't. It's the managers responsibility to play to teams strengths and Anichebe with anonymous Cahill wasn't it. Baines barely got in the game. We look tired and predictable whilst they looked in the ascendancy . Dripping confidence.

Hello guys, welcome to the site.

On a player v player basis we have a better team than all the other team you mentioned. I'm not sure whether I would describe Elwood Park as "fantastic" though. Stoke will only improve, they are in an excellent financial position, Bolton will fall away in the near future due to theirs. I don't know about Blackburn's finances but despite the bad press the owners have had they've made controversial but beneficial decisions (replacing Allardyce with Kean who has done well and likely to be on 1/5 of what Allardyce was for example).

Honestly I don't think the stadiums make a major difference. Arsenal and other Champions League clubs (and one-team cities) are possibly the exception.

Welcome lads, Firstly and most apparent after today is that without Saha were hopeless up front! They had the upper hand there albeit with a cheat who wouldnt have gone a miss on a diving board! The Asia cup has done Cahill no end of harm how did he manage to put that over the bar? I maybe wrong but altho old doesnt the old lady hold more than the grounds mentioned? The reason Goodison struggles is because she was built before all the hospitality boxes were heard of and theyre the money spinners! At the start of the season we were top 4 material remember so our squads fine, other teams have got us sussed now so we need to drop 4 5 1 imo and take a few risks! Bet it was a long drive home today tho.

On the field no - we are better man for man.

Off the field yes - whilst they may have smaller stadiums they are modern including as mentioned the executive boxes which are were the real income comes from, it would be interesting to see the match day income comparison? also they have the naming rights on the stadiums which is additional income also.

Off the field yes - whilst they may have smaller stadiums they are modern including as mentioned the executive boxes which are were the real income comes from...

Is the new Park End development not going to free up more space inside the ground for hospitality stuff? Thought I read that somewhere :mellow: .

Is the new Park End development not going to free up more space inside the ground for hospitality stuff? Thought I read that somewhere :mellow: .

Lets face it Mike, how many businessmen that arn't massive blues are gonna wanna pay ex amounts of pounds for a box in ground like Goodison, they just won't will they? I love the place as much as the next man but in modern day terms it's hardly easy on the eye...

bolton don't own their stadium so i'm not sure they get much in regards to that

You are quite wrong to say that Bolton Wanderers dont own their own stadium.

They do own the stadium, the hotel,the surrounding retail park and their chorley based training complex.

Bolton are owned by an Isle of Man based Bolton fan called Edward Davies, who was born and bred in Bolton, he made his fortune(290 million at last count)and bought his favourite team.

To date he has invested 90 million in players/academy and training complex.

Bolton do own their own ground!!