IGNORED

Everton Chants/songs

I like Leighton Baines, I hope you know this song is about you...- to the tune of You're so Vein - we don't sing it though.

We need to sing Time to go, time to go, time to go... back off to Moscow - BILY. Totally lost any slight faith I had in him or vic after last nights shite!!!

My favourite song is Makes me feel like singing the blues...

• 2 weeks later...

Has to be 'were forever Everton' remember teaching my eldest son it when he was about 7! Cant wait to teach it to my other lad have to wait a while tho hes only 7 months!!

"We're Forever Everton", is a far superior song to "Grand Old Team" which I find cringe worthy, its great when the crowd sing it but over the tannoy its embarrassing, sounds like someones Granddad singing it and to make matters worse the song consists of 4 or 5 IDENTICAL verses. The song should be half as long as it is.

Or better still, play "..Forever Everton" in place of "Grand Old Team" and confine "Grand Old team" to the paltry 1 play per match day.

Rant over.

I must be old, I still sing an old song to irritate the reds in work.

"We hate Bill Shankley and we hate St John, but most of all we hate Big Ron, and we'll hang the Kopites one by one, ON THE BANKS OF THE ROYAL BLUE MERSEY"

Hmm not sure how many of you even remember who we used to sing about there. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I must be old, I still sing an old song to irritate the reds in work.

"We hate Bill Shankley and we hate St John, but most of all we hate Big Ron, and we'll hang the Kopites one by one, ON THE BANKS OF THE ROYAL BLUE MERSEY"

Hmm not sure how many of you even remember who we used to sing about there. :lol:

Any other good ones from when you were younger? Any rarer ones?

I have a 45 called 'roaring and scoring' About the 66 season Unfortunately it is also about the reds as well.

Introducing Everton... and then goes on to name the team... Introducing Liverpool....ditto.

I've heard of that one yes. I take it, it's rubbish! Did the fans everdo their own lp's. I've seen the likes of Celtic, Rangers even Liverpool had fans recording songs in the 60s, what about Everton?

"We're Forever Everton", is a far superior song to "Grand Old Team" which I find cringe worthy, its great when the crowd sing it but over the tannoy its embarrassing, sounds like someones Granddad singing it and to make matters worse the song consists of 4 or 5 IDENTICAL verses. The song should be half as long as it is.

Or better still, play "..Forever Everton" in place of "Grand Old Team" and confine "Grand Old team" to the paltry 1 play per match day.

Rant over.

Grand old team still puts the hairs on the back of my neck on alert! I love it, love the fact that its an old guy singing it, feel like it reflects our history. Forever Everton sounds too modern, too Top 40... Dont mind it but would still rather strain my voice singing "AND IF YER KNOW YER HISTORY"