IGNORED

Priorities

Louis

I asked a question on Twitter earlier.

"If Rodwell does leave, where should the transfer fee be spent? Invested in squad? Pay off some debt? Improve stadium? Kept for a rainy day?"

The response has been pretty unanimous; invest in playing squad. Although the distrust of the board is pretty evident.

Responses:

"What does it matter what fans think? Moyes wasn't even given Pienaar money. We all know what will happen. Scumbag Board."

"Bill needs more costumes, his wife got arthritis from stitching all them cat costumes for the musical."

"Fuck the debt. The stadium is sound as a pound. Save it for a rainy day means kenwrights arse pocket. No brainer really. Get the players in!"

For me it depends on how much we get for him...

If we get £30mil then I would say £20mil for players and £10mil on debt. At the end of the day on his current form, it isnt going to cost too much to replace Rodwell (£6-8mil) and then we would probably go for a decent striker (£10-14mil) providing we sell Yakubu (+£5mil), meaning we would have a few left over million for another player.

If it was less than £30mil, then I would say all on players and if theres any left over it can go on repaying debt.

I'd personally be happier if we could get player(s) plus cash in return for Rodwell then we would definately have some 're-investment' in our playing squad , United, Arsenal and City (and Real)have all got fringe players who would improve our first team.

My ideal scenario would be Rodwell going to Arsenal in return for Chamakh plus cash - may sound ridiculous but he's fit and doesn't seem to get a look in with RVP and even Bendtner fit and the fact that Wenger will probably be in the market for another striker this summer - may not be so ridiculous!!! (oh yeah wages!?)

If figures are correct we should get Rodders 25million, Yak 5million, Yobo 4million so its got to be 25 to replace them 3 then 9 on the debt hasnt it? Then again knowing Bill the Rodwell money will be 5million up front and the rest on trophies, appearances and so on like Rooney, id be so pissed if he did that!

If figures are correct we should get Rodders 25million, Yak 5million, Yobo 4million so its got to be 25 to replace them 3 then 9 on the debt hasnt it? Then again knowing Bill the Rodwell money will be 5million up front and the rest on trophies, appearances and so on like Rooney, id be so pissed if he did that!

yeah man we can't afford that at all..if these teams come calling it has to be all upfront or nothing..it's not like his contract is running out anytime soon and i don't really get the impression that he'd force a move as much as some

Lets not forget the sky and Prem money - oh yeah that falls into the proverbial black hole.