IGNORED

New Here From The States

Stephenson26

Hello to all fellow Everton followers. I live in Atlanta, Ga. (USA) and have been an Everton follower and fan for many a year now. I played football all through highschool and loved it, I still play on the weekends every now and then with some guys around here but it’s hard to do often with a 3 year old daughter and a pregnant wife at home. While I used to be a Liverpool FC fan I have since pledged my loyalty to Everton and love watching them play every chance I get. The game this Saturday will aire on ESPN2 at 7:45am against those damn Wanderers of Wolverhampton :shaking fist: and you can bet I will be up with my cup of coffee watching it. Through family history records and also the use of ancestry websites I know my family came to the USA in the mid-late 1800’s from Liverpool and at that time I believe it was still a borough. What I wouldn’t give to have that great scouse accent, but unfortunately any traces of that died out generations ago here in the states.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, I am glad to be here and look forward to good times and meeting new people. Maybe one day we can meet up and go to an Everton match, I want to hopefully visit Liverpool within the next 5 or so years.

Welcome....good story and I'm glad you saw the error of your ways :unsure: .

Ya I very soon realized I didnt like Liverpool, chose them cause a friend liked them and we were like 15 at the time but I soon dedicated myself to Everton. :D

Coffee eh? I guess 7.45 is a little early for a beer isn't it :mellow: ?

Maybe just a tad early, if the game was at 9 then I would be drinking but since it’s 7:45 I need something to wake me up first. :D

That's open to debate! (I'm kidding)

Hahaha, you know u love the fact us yanks are in love with the toffees! :lol: Well I cant speak for every yank here but I can say I am jealous of you guys getting to go to/watch so many EPL games. I am not an MLS fan, I think the teams here in the USA kinda suck, but it may just be because I am a fan of the EPL and think the talent level and fan base are much better. Me plan is to one day make it to an Everton match, until then I will sit here on the couch, watch the match and pretend I am at "The Grand Old Lady" :beer: .......... BTW it is weird if I wear my Everton jersey and scarf here at home during the match?? ;) haha

BTW it is weird if I wear my Everton jersey and scarf here at home during the match?? ;) haha

Not at all....I'm 250 miles away from Goodison so don't get there too often...and I take personal responsibility if we're losing at half time and I haven't got the right shirt on :) .

A belated welcome to the forum Mate. Hope you enjoy this place as much as we do. ;)

Thanks mate glad to be here. I cant help where I was born but I can help who I pledge my allegiance to when it comes to football regardless of what side of the pond I am on. I like this place so far, seems like good people and good conversation here.

Thanks mate glad to be here. I cant help where I was born but I can help who I pledge my allegiance to when it comes to football regardless of what side of the pond I am on. I like this place so far, seems like good people and good conversation here.

Yes I think we are all insane too :lol: