IGNORED

Start With Last Post At Top?

Hi Toffeetalk - love the site - but at the risk of sounding like a johnny come lately - do you think it would be good to have the latest comments on a thread showing on the top of page one, rather than bottom of last page, where you have to turn pages and scroll down to see it?

Cheers

SLFHB

Sue LFC for Heysel Ban! (we'd have been the Manu of the 90s)

Nope.. it reads like a book. We're not Japanese after all. ;)

To be honest, I'm uncomfortable with your username, please think of a new one...

It isn't up to me but I tend to agree with Louis. The username is a bit inflammatory really and the site is a generally friendly forum. So please in the interests of decency could you alter your name to something a little less unpleasant.

As for your point, I am happy with things as they are. I dunno if it is the best but it is what I am used to and enjoy the place just how it is. (I was going to say well run by Louis, Mike, Bill and Romey etc... but that is not really describing the utter confusion and destruction that follows in their wake.)

By the way, Welcome.

Hi Rubecula - thanks for welcome - I only recently discovered this site - another blue mentioned it to me - I thought it was good but when I started looking at the transfer rumours page I thought it was a bit of a pain having to click thru to page 4 or whatever and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see what someone else had just posted about some player or other - and the first post you read on page one is something someone posted about 2 years ago so no longer relevant.

So I made what I thought might be a helpful suggestion (in line with many other websites) and got a bucket of dung chucked on my head for my trouble! some people even think just posting the word 'No' is somehow a reasoned response to what could be a helpful suggestion - but hey I only just arrived so I suppose manners might say you take what you're given.

Obviously some people prefer to spend 20 seconds searching for the latest piece of gossip which often turns out to be just a one-liner joke or whatever but I thought a lot of people might prefer to see the latest post quickly.

I still think my username is reasonable - and it wasn't meant to be unfriendly or inflammatory - just a valid point. :)

I thought it was good but when I started looking at the transfer rumours page I thought it was a bit of a pain having to click thru to page 4 or whatever and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see what someone else had just posted about some player or other - and the first post you read on page one is something someone posted about 2 years ago so no longer relevant.

and welcome btw :)

edit:

apparently I was wrong :D, you have to click on the date to get to the last post! i most have been thinking about another forum ;)

Edited by Churinga