IGNORED

Tim Ream

Just seen this on tribalfootball.com.

Everton are eyeing New York Red Bulls defender Tim Ream.

Everton boss David Moyes has asked goalkeeper Tim Howard about his USA teammate and been urged to consider moving for the young centre-half.

Ream is enjoying an outstanding Gold Cup campaign and has won great praise from club teammates Thierry Henry and Rafa Marquez.

"Tim has attracted attention from clubs across Europe," said Ream's agent, Patrick McCabe.

"Ultimately, he wants to play in Europe, but we'll take things step by step."

Everton face competition from PSV Eindhoven for Ream.

He's been trying to force his way into the national team's first XI though the US is pretty weak at CB. His distribution is supposed to be pretty good but I havent seen enough of him to comment further. It would be a serious step up for him but he is only 23.

• 5 months later...

As an American i want Tim Ream nowhere near Everton. He just finished up a bad year with New York Red Bulls, and has looked terrible every time Ive seen him play for the national team. He got yanked from the starting 11 after two games and a conceded penalty in last summer's Gold Cup, and hasn't looked better since.

True Story...I was watching the US play Ecuador in one of the latest rounds of friendlies and thought we were handling the game pretty well and putting in a good performance. Ream comes on about halfway through the second half and i tell the guys im watching with "We are gonna lose this game 1-0 and Tim Ream is going to fuck up for the goal" I should have kept my mouth shut because this happened soon after