IGNORED

Graham Poll

Would you let him ref another game at the world cup?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you let him ref another game at the world cup?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Reg Reagan
in that case reg with all the mistakes this tit has made he must be the best ref in the entire world who doesnt make bad decisions

33228[/snapback]

did i say he is the best ref in the world?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33231[/snapback]

i was refering to what you said learning from mistakes. hes made too many at premiership level and now international level. and if you didnt notice i was being sarcastic

hes a twat of the highest order and shouldnt ref again

33231[/snapback]

;) to be fair reg all the officals at this world cup have been a letdown :( the biggest football compition in the world is being ruined by their inconsistancy in every game so far mate B)

;) to be fair reg all the officals at this world cup have been a letdown :( the biggest  football compition in the world is being ruined by their inconsistancy in every game so far mate B)

33446[/snapback]

Good call Ola, but didn't we expect this before the tournament began?. There will always be inconsistancies when you leave any rule open to interpretation.

ATB

Mac

Guest Reg Reagan
;) to be fair reg all the officals at this world cup have been a letdown :( the biggest  football compition in the world is being ruined by their inconsistancy in every game so far mate B)

33446[/snapback]

ok... i have to say that 95% of the refs in this tournament have been a huge let down except for that ref from yesterdays game between australia and italy... forgot his name but he sure was the best ref so far

Guest Reg Reagan
:) carnt you forgive reg, show some compassion mate ;) or did they hurt you in some way :huh:

33885[/snapback]

no... putting £200 on italy to win plus adding another £150 on totti to be the first goals makes you win!

Never liked him from the moment he disallowed the goal in the derby - Sander Westervelt took a goal kick- it  hit a player and went in the net - nothing wrong with it. ;)   ;)

34251[/snapback]

:rolleyes: so we all think mr poll is a burk i think :lol: wonder how big of a tit he feels now :blink:

You can't hate a guy who admits his mistakes!...

ENGLISH referee Graham Poll has decided to retire from international tournaments after his high-profile blunder in the Australia-Croatia Group F game at the World Cup finals.

He showed three yellow cards to Josip Simunic of Croatia before sending him off in the 2-2 draw on June 22.

A clearly emotional Poll said on Sky Sports News that he deeply regretted his mistake, which he described as "inexcusable".

FIFA yesterday dispensed with Poll's services for the rest of the tournament in Germany.

"What I did was an error in law," Poll said.

"There can be no dispute.

"It was not caused by a FIFA directive, it was not caused by me being asked to referee differently to the way I referee in the Premier League.

"The laws of the game are very specific

"The referee takes responsibility for his actions on the field of play.

"I was the referee that evening.

"It was my error and the buck stops with me."

Poll blamed his mistake partially on tiredness.

"I couldn't replay the decisions in my head because I could not recall them," he said.

"I was so fatigued in the 90th minute, it doesn't look like Graham Poll refereeing.

"Those who are close to me, who know me, in fact any supporters from the Premier League if they watch those last 10 minutes, they will say that doesn't look like Graham Poll refereeing.

"That's true

"The first couple of days after, it just came back to me over and over and over again in my mind.

"You think you'll wake up, it's only a bad dream, but it isn't, it's reality."

Poll said he had even considered retiring from refereeing completely.

"I have been disappointed at the reaction of the media," he said.

"It led me in the first few days to have thoughts of retirement.

"I told FIFA I had no heart to ref another game in this World Cup.

"It wasn't them sending me home, it wasn't them saying you're rubbish, go away.

"They supported me fully."

Poll said the three major championships in which he had officiated had all gone wrong for him.

"I've refereed at Euro 2000, the 2002 World Cup and the 2006 World Cup, none have gone right for me for various reasons," he said.

"If one thing goes wrong it's unlucky; if two things go wrong, it's really unlucky; if three things go wrong, you have to look at yourself and say something isn't right.

"It's time for someone else from England to have a go.

"For me, tournament football is over."

Poll said he had dreamed of becoming the first Englishman to referee a World Cup final for 32 years.

"I had 30,000 referees in England who had voiced their support for me to go out and maybe achieve the ultimate, become the first Englishman to referee the final since Jack Taylor in 1974," he said.

Asked how those close to him had been affected by the controversy, he said: "They can feel the hurt in me.

"We need to get together and regroup and one of the things that needs to happen is for us to be given time and space to get over it.

"I just appeal to journalists out there to go away from my house, leave my family alone.

"It's time to let me and my family get on with it."