IGNORED

U21's In Russia - Vtb Lev Yashin Cup.

Some of the reserves and academy lads are off to this tournament against Dynamo Moscow, SC Freiburg and OFK Beograd.

Interesting to see the squad which DOES NOT feature Ross Barkley highlighting the point that Moyes clearly has him set for first team action.

on the Everton website today they've highlighted Jose Baxter who is playing in Russia then going to USA for the 2 games there, he's a player that really needs to prove himself this year and after a good reserve season it'll be good to see if he can do anything, though from what those that see a bit of the reserve action say he's not looked like making it.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/07/14/baxter-s-summer-world-tour

A shame Duffy and Vellios won't be going to the USA games as I thought they would have been on the verge as well. Given that they're not mentioned on that article i'd say they can't be going.

The Games are on Friday and Saturday.

Barkley I have been informed was playing no contact near the end of the season. Not sure where he is at now but I am eagerly awaiting his first team debut. The development of the next high profile player who could save the club millions is a must.

Hoping Barkley can push rodwell on, bit disappointed with rodwell last season but would rather have him than Henderson.

I think most that have seen a good bit of Baxter don't rate him.

From his efforts in the reserves it sounds like he's been working hard though and this hefty pre season he's got should really test him out. Hopefully he can prove he's got at least enough to make a bench appearence or 2 even as back up.

Hopefully duffy and Vellios do well in Russia and can get a chance in later friendly's.

#everton v Freiberg: Davies, Browning, Mustafi, Duffy, Bidwell, Forshaw, Abdullayev, Lundstram, Baxter, Vellios, Silva. bit.ly/peFF4Z

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Looks like Abdullayev is around in some shape or form. anyone know what the hell is going on with him?

That's a strong (Physical) strike force, good to see!