IGNORED

Pre-Season: Bury (Away)

dark

Has anyone bought tickets for the Villareal game? Managed to snap up two tickets on the front row behind the goal for me and my girlfriend and was wondering if anyone else was coming along? Just trying to get a feel of how many people to expect like..

I'm going :) but i dont know wat seat. It will also benmy first everton game :D so hopefully we will win!!!!

I followed the commentary, or whatever you would call it, on the facebook updates. According to them, Yakubu was looking "lean and mean", their words not mine, and Bily was flourishing in the center picking out plenty of good passes. Can anyone attest to this? If so, considering Arteta's success on the left before his injury, and Gueye and Coleman as options on the right, could Bily switching to a central role push Arteta out wide, or Osman perhaps? Or will we have 5 players duking it out weekly for two positions?

Also if the Yak is indeed back and we still have Saha, Beckford, Gueye, Vellios and Cheebs are we really going to fork out for another striker? Or is Moyes going to try and get support out wide and try and blood in the youth?

Personally if the Yak is really up to a level of fitness where he can run, not sulk, run for 90 minutes then it's a good enough striking solution considering our lack of funds. And to be honest, I think if all our players can stay fit for most of the season, there isn't anyone we can't beat on our day, and I don't think any of the teams we are up against have changed all that much. Time will tell, but I think if we can get lucky with a signing or two, maybe Donovan in january, we might be alright this season. However this is probably the last season where we can get away with it if we don't win anything this year.

EDIT: Posted in the wrong thread, supposed to be a response in the Bury thread. Can someone move it for me, or shall I delete it and repost? I know I'm stupid :huh:

Edited by The Regulator

I'm not going to boast about how great the Etv stream was or how the commentary was really worth purchasing...but I am interested as to why my purchase makes me stupid? I'm all about hunting for content online, but in terms of urgency this happened to be the best option. I made MY own decision, and decided to ask presumably like minded supporters a simple question. Let's not go and insult people for no reason. Thanks.

Sorry you have taken my comment the wrong way, I was referring to myself.

If you look at the updates I was posting I think its pretty clear I was watching it on EvertonTV

I'm just hoping that Yakubu is up for it for the full season rather than just the first few games :) Is anyone going to be following the Dynamo Moscow game? According the the Facebook page is kicks off in 20 mins, I'll post the team up in a minute.

Everton team to face Dynamo Moscow: Davies, Browning, Nsiala, Mustafi, Garbutt, Barrow, Baxter, Forshaw, Abdullayev, McAleny, Silva.

Edited by dark

The first half ends at 0-0 which is an OK score I guess for the Reserve/Academy lads. Silva looks to be someone to watch this season as according to the report he has been fantastic, the penalty was awarded due to the Moscow plays not being able to handle him and fouling. Unfortunatly for us Baxter smashed that penalty onto the bar but not to worry I guess, so long as he pops up with a goal in the second half!

Half Time: Dynamo Moscow 0-0 Everton

Nsiala was sent off after recieving a yellow card for a dubious yellow and then a second yellow for decent. The problem with this is that the Everton report was saying that there was some translation issues so the red card is beyond harsh. Everton win though as two goals from Connor McAleny, the first being set up by Vellios!

Full Time: Dynamo Moscow 0-2 Everton

Edited by dark

They've changed the technology to Silverlight, it'll auto adjust based on your net speed... it's slow me for me and I'm in the same country as the server :(

I'm still getting no joy with it at all...and the "technical help desk" seem to have given up on me :angry: .

Ossie was "...the best player on the pitch by far" according to Steve Round.

Certainly wouldn't consider pushing him wide if his form stays where it was at the end of last season...has to be the first name on the teamsheet in his best position.