IGNORED

Pre-Season: Bury (Away)

dark

Just noticed that all of the Mathday threads have been deleted for the new season and also noticed that there is nowhere (that I am aware of) to discuss the games that we will be playing before the Premiership kicks off. With that in mind what are the thoughts on the Bury game? For me it's just dissapointing that we haven't got any new players to try out, isn't that what these games are all about?

4-1 versus Bury: Gueye (2), Yakubu, Osman

Edited by dark

I know I'm going to get raped for this but I'd like to see Mucha playing our first team games instead of Howard - just my opinion.

In other news the re-birth of Yakubu seems to be on. If he scores goals during pre-season then I think we would be stupid to sell him, lets see how he gets on until January :) and add Maggie to that list too, hopefully this season he gets to show us just the sort of player he is. Fantastic news, cheered me up after all this transfer bollocks!

Edited by dark

Osman! :)

Edit: Can't tell you how happy I am. Even though this is a pre-season friendly and we should be beating these guys 6-0 anyway I've been truly pissed off with the club for not signing anybody. From a result like this maybe its not as bad as we imagined. I'd still like to sign someone of course but this result can only be a good thing :)

Edited by dark

4-0 :)

Magaye Gueye drills an effort home after neat play from Osman and Arteta.

Looking good Gueye so far :) We've always seemed to have problems up front but if he can keep popping up with goals then we might have a good season in front of us.

Edited by dark

I know I'm going to get raped for this but I'd like to see Mucha playing our first team games instead of Howard - just my opinion.

In other news the re-birth of Yakubu seems to be on. If he scores goals during pre-season then I think we would be stupid to sell him, lets see how he gets on until January :) and add Maggie to that list too, hopefully this season he gets to show us just the sort of player he is. Fantastic news, cheered me up after all this transfer bollocks!

Lol one header from 2 yards hardly constitutes the rebirth of the Yak and why on Gods green earth you would pick Mucha ahead of Howard is beyond me

Didn't know that it was a header from 2 yards so calm down, at least he's scored for us.

And I would choose Mucha over Howard because IMO Howard's over-rated, last season he made several silly mistakes that cost us points so why not give him a go?

Hard to say, he pulled up pretty sharpish holding his hamstring and walked straight off the pitch. He ddint seem to be limping though so hopefully its just a twinge.

Quite why we only had 4 subs is a bit puzzling though

Between the squad at Bury and the young squad out in Russia, we don't really have anyone else. Louis isn't ready to play yet. Although I do wonder where Hibbert and Yobo are.

Also, who's gone on for Beckford?

There is always someone stupid enough to pay......... by the way Yak just put us 1-0 up!

I'm not going to boast about how great the Etv stream was or how the commentary was really worth purchasing...but I am interested as to why my purchase makes me stupid? I'm all about hunting for content online, but in terms of urgency this happened to be the best option. I made MY own decision, and decided to ask presumably like minded supporters a simple question. Let's not go and insult people for no reason. Thanks.

I'm not going to boast about how great the Etv stream was or how the commentary was really worth purchasing...but I am interested as to why my purchase makes me stupid? I'm all about hunting for content online, but in terms of urgency this happened to be the best option. I made MY own decision, and decided to ask presumably like minded supporters a simple question. Let's not go and insult people for no reason. Thanks.

Suspect you missed some irony there dude :) .

Absolute howler from the keeper and that is exactly why he shouldnt get in ahead of Howard

For christ's sake mate all I said was that Mucha should have a go I didn't say that Howard should be released on a free transfer or anything...just sharing my opinion.

Has anyone bought tickets for the Villareal game? Managed to snap up two tickets on the front row behind the goal for me and my girlfriend and was wondering if anyone else was coming along? Just trying to get a feel of how many people to expect like..

Has anyone bought tickets for the Villareal game? Managed to snap up two tickets on the front row behind the goal for me and my girlfriend and was wondering if anyone else was coming along? Just trying to get a feel of how many people to expect like..

You just wanted us to know you had a girlfriend didn't you dark....be honest :lol: .

Thinks...they grow so fast...sniff :wub: .