IGNORED

Pre-Season: Werder Bremen (Away)

adamsmith69

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barkley is easily our best player offensively but needs to work on his defensive positioning and marking. The gaps appearing between him and Cahill (equally as poor) are massive and Hibbo is getting hung out to dry.

We arent holding the ball up well enough up front and it is coming straight back. Cahill is a passenger at the moment and I have seen very little from Vic and only a little bit more from Becks. I have only seen the last 30mins of the 1st half though.

Bit confusing first half. I did miss first 15 of it anyway. Have to say like marcopaulo. I wouldnt like to get too excited about Barkley, but whatta hell a piece of gem he is. Nice to see young man playing like he were doing that in these levels all day long. Superb so far. Wish we will see him on left side of pitch soon or then in the middle cause seemed definitely want to play more with his left foot. We were playing 451 and that was something i didnt like too much. Even thought our central midfield should been quite tough this lineup, they were just running of it several times, looked horrible. Could ask lot more attitude and workrate, even its a frindly. Anichebe off pls and Gueye in, he can play also on right side. Vic usually aint fitting any place well enought. Okay, i need to calm down a bit about Vic, dont wanna start again whining about him and season aint even started yet.

Only just tuned in, eager to see how Barkley plays, would rather see him in a stronger midfield. Cahill is not a 2 man central midfielder and Heitinga is a centre half in my book...

I would like to see him start in central midfield. He always cuts inside and loses his full back everytime. Get him centrally and he will start to dictate the play. He is so comfortable on the ball. We are playing 3 in midfield though and I have been dissapointed with Cahill. If he is to play in midfield he has to work hard in order to make up for his 'technical' weaknesses. At the moment he is doing anywhere near enough.

Not sure who the subs are but I would like to see Yakubu get a game in place of Beckford and Rodwell on for Cahill to bring some energy and presence in the centre.

And have to also praise their Arnautovic. That man has some vision and technic to do that vision a true. Jags looked quite stupid there when he made couple tricks and crossed the ball with outside or right foot incurling to backpost. HAppily that their striker iis bit lost, even he got that quite strange goal in to the net.