IGNORED

Hello

Paul 1300

Hello

From a Spurs Fan living in Essex

I Joined as I am friends through Spurs 101 with Rubecula who is a valued contributor to the Spurs 101Forum and and despite being a Spurs fan I hope you make me as welcome here as Rubes is on 101

I see Tottenham and Everton being similar as we have both had glory a long time ago and have to put up with red neighbors that see themselves as better than us but in reality most of them are deluded glory hunters

Everton have always beaten us in important a games F A cup semis and one game I remember in the eighties when we actually had a slim chance of winning the title and you beat us at the lane 3-1 with I believe Mr Andy Gray Scoring ( he then went on to sexually harass any woman that took his fancy).

Bizarrely there are quite a few Everton fans round here and I am going to Barbecue at ones on saturday, so I am hoping the game is postponed so I don't have to suffer the indignity of losing the first game of the season.

I wish you all a good season and currently my I deal season would be

Prem

1 Spurs

2 Narch

3 Toffees

Relegated

The Scum (Arsenal Obviously)

Chelsea

Man U

I would like to see Colchester promoted

By the way I've never liked Liverpool and wasn't that impressed with Anfield

good atmosphere at goodison mind you that was in the late Eighties,

Hi Paul.

Hope all is ok at your end mate, and that the problems ease swiftly.

Our thought are with all the folks having their lives disrupted. I don't know if the football will go ahead, but if it does, it should be a great match as always.

You've managed to dip your toe in to the European football that we once enjoyed ourselves, and it was good to see a 'none Sky 4' team following our own steps of breaking into the top 4 when you did.

Not too happy about losing Pienaar, but that's how it is. Hopefully he will do well, but that's his problem now. I think our season will depend on how well we start. We can't keep giving teams a 20 point head start every year, and expect to catch them up.

I think playing Spurs is a great way to kick off the new season, so we'll have to see if it goes ahead, but regardless, let me take this opportunity in wishing you good luck, and hope you enjoy the months ahead.

Cheers mate

There is a lot of pessimism among the Spurs fans this year

I am not sure why we bought Peanut, as the world and his wife knew we needed a striker, still do

Your'e Jagielka fella would have been a better buy, although he looks like Dawson too much and some of our Chav fans from south essex are easily confused.

We have had some great games over the years and one of my most enjoyable moments at the lane was in the mid 90's, we were 2-1 down with 5 minutes to go, when we pulled it back to 2-2 and Darren Caskey came up with the winner well into Injury time, I think around that time the both of us were flirting with relegation

I used to talk to one of your old managers, as he was goal keeper for Colchester United at the time. and his son played for Spurs

Can you guess who he is ?

Cheers mate

There is a lot of pessimism among the Spurs fans this year

I am not sure why we bought Peanut, as the world and his wife knew we needed a striker, still do

Your'e Jagielka fella would have been a better buy, although he looks like Dawson too much and some of our Chav fans from south essex are easily confused.

We have had some great games over the years and one of my most enjoyable moments at the lane was in the mid 90's, we were 2-1 down with 5 minutes to go, when we pulled it back to 2-2 and Darren Caskey came up with the winner well into Injury time, I think around that time the both of us were flirting with relegation

I used to talk to one of your old managers, as he was goal keeper for Colchester United at the time. and his son played for Spurs

Can you guess who he is ?

I take it you mean Mike Walker and his son Ian?

Not the longest serving Everton manager by any means lol.

I take it you mean Mike Walker and his son Ian?

Not the longest serving Everton manager by any means lol.

Spot on, a very nice bloke, at the time he was Norwich's youth team manager and and he lived in the same suffolk village as me and, he used to help out with the local kids team, at the time I had no idea that he would go on to manage Narch and Everton and

no idea that his son would go on to play for my beloved Spurs

Hey there Paul, good to see you here mate. Have fun with our take on a football forum. Oh and don't bother with the arcade. Louis buggered it up rofl.gif

Seriously mate it is good of you to pop along, apart from the team we support you will pretty much find us just as friendly as 101.

And from Marcopolo's posts you MAY just notice the censorship is not quite as strictrofl.gif