• Leighton Baines
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Leon Osman
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Seamus Coleman
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Tim Cahill
    • Royston Drenthe

Am on about the back end of the season when Jags was injured, shifting Lescott to CB and Baines to LB or Yobo had come back from Africa and been on the bench(cba checking which way it came about).

Premature, its been 3 seasons. Heintinga should be given his chance which is long over due.

Obviously a difference of opinion there then mate but I will just point out that Jags was injured for the last 2-3 games of the 2008-09 season and the first half of the 2009-10 season, in which time our form was pretty abysmal to be honest using different combinations of Yobo, Distin and Heitinga at the back (Lescott was sold at the beginning of the 2009-10 season). The upturn in form happened after Christmas and coincided the return of Jags when we lost just 2 of our last 20 games in the prem, coincidence maybe, but the facts don't really support the theory that our defence is better without Jags.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously a difference of opinion there then mate but I will just point out that Jags was injured for the last 2-3 games of the 2008-09 season and the first half of the 2009-10 season, in which time our form was pretty abysmal to be honest using different combinations of Yobo, Distin and Heitinga at the back (Lescott was sold at the beginning of the 2009-10 season). The upturn in form happened after Christmas and coincided the return of Jags when we lost just 2 of our last 20 games in the prem, coincidence maybe, but the facts don't really support the theory that our defence is better without Jags.

I disagree mate.

The derby in November sparked us into life. We lost 2-0 but absolutely played them off the park.

This is a great source if you ever need stats: http://evertonresults.com/200910.htm

I disagree mate.

The derby in November sparked us into life. We lost 2-0 but absolutely played them off the park.

This is a great source if you ever need stats: http://evertonresults.com/200910.htm

Cheers for that mate looks a useful website. I agree with you about the derby aswell, but looking at the results it wasn't untill the new year when we started picking up wins, which was when Jags came back. Like I said this may just be coincidence but I don't think we were better defensively when he was injured, as the results show.

Cheers for that mate looks a useful website. I agree with you about the derby aswell, but looking at the results it wasn't untill the new year when we started picking up wins, which was when Jags came back. Like I said this may just be coincidence but I don't think we were better defensively when he was injured, as the results show.

I enjoyed that season despite our poor start. There were times I felt we had the best Everton team in decades. Some of the football we played was wonderful.