• Leighton Baines
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Leon Osman
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Seamus Coleman
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Tim Cahill
    • Royston Drenthe

Coleman for £12m? I'm sure had someone bid 12m for him, he would have been sold. He cost 60k-150k depending on the report you read.

i dont mean to sound like a bitch but that just reads like you've never seen coleman play.

Am on about Jags, it's not clear as quoted Donkey to reply to him, who had quoted me goin on about Jags.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellaini had a solid game today which was really pleasing to see.

He gets my vote.

Agreed my vote went to Fellaini. His passing an positioning today was fantastic long may it continue! shout to Baines Cahill and Coleman all had very good games oh and Ross Barkley the boy is class the ball just sticks to his feet he looked really lively when he came on wont be long before he hits a 30 yard screamer into the top corner mark my words!

Am on about Jags, it's not clear as quoted Donkey to reply to him, who had quoted me goin on about Jags.

Why would we sell an England international centre half for £12m? Is it because that's what our business model is based on until we have owners where such decisions are not necessary?

Why would we sell an England international centre half for £12m? Is it because that's what our business model is based on until we have owners where such decisions are not necessary?

Because thats what was reportedly offered, and he's been shite for three seasons now. The worse regular cb `at the club since Stubbs, and the fact he's English is the only reason he's still at the club. He doesn't provide help for his team mates, he is not an Everton style of player. Maybe if he was dropped it would help up his effort and performance, I don't know, but Moyed needs to sort it out.

Because thats what was reportedly offered, and he's been shite for three seasons now. The worse regular cb `at the club since Stubbs, and the fact he's English is the only reason he's still at the club. He doesn't provide help for his team mates, he is not an Everton style of player. Maybe if he was dropped it would help up his effort and performance, I don't know, but Moyed needs to sort it out.

Wow! What a tool! (not Jagielka or Stubbs by the way!)

Is it because that's what our business model is based on until we have owners where such decisions are not necessary?

Our business model is something like:

- invest primarily in our current assets e.g. securing our best players on long term deals/ developing youth - makes sense.

- do not spend beyond our means - could kill club (see Pompy/Leeds).

- sell players only at the right price or those who are seeking alternative employment - every player has his price even Ronaldo, Torres, Fabregas.

- buy players within budget who fit into the wage structure. If the finances aren't there use the much safer loan market.

We don't sell our best players cheaply. Arteta went for £10m because he wanted the opportunity to play C.L football - we gambled last summer giving him a £75k per week packet and he didn't justify that - maybe if he had we could have matched his ambitions and that contract would have been justified.

We didn't sell Jags because 1. a big enough offer didn't come in and 2. he didn't want to leave.

Our business model will be very similar with any owner but we will hopefully have more room for manouvere when acquiring assets.

we have spent beyond our means, hence by we have lost over £5m a year.

we have broken the wage structure to keep arteta last year.

i see our business model as a series of short-term fixes.

lets not forget, our business goes a lot further than where we are on the pitch, that is where we fail.

that is all.

Edited by StevO

I dont agree at all. He had one bad pass back...apart from that he was solid all game, as was the rest of the defence. Distin was the one who let the goal in..all that aside the team as a whole were good. And who else would we get in?? We wouldnt get the money to spend. It would end up being heitinga..who is a liability

What a load of complete and utter bollocks!

You seriously wouldnt know a decent footballer if he came up and kicked you in the balls

If any one thought Jags played well yesterday, they don't know nothing about football. Distin and Hibbert carried him and even if yer blame them for the goals, maybe it was cos the were tired from covering Jags arse all game and getting no help back. Heitinga and Yobo(I know he's away on loan) should play before him. Same people who suck his arse are probs the Pienaar lovers, stop reading the media and actually look at his contribution.

If any one thought Jags played well yesterday, they don't know nothing about football. Distin and Hibbert carried him and even if yer blame them for the goals, maybe it was cos the were tired from covering Jags arse all game and getting no help back. Heitinga and Yobo(I know he's away on loan) should play before him. Same people who suck his arse are probs the Pienaar lovers, stop reading the media and actually look at his contribution.

Your quite correct "I dont know nothing about football" I know quite a bit about football

You should go to Specsavers or get a better internet feed or better still go to a couple of games and you might just learn something about football too

I thought Jags had a poor game yesterday but that's going waaay over the top.

Your quite correct "I dont know nothing about football" I know quite a bit about football

You should go to Specsavers or get a better internet feed or better still go to a couple of games and you might just learn something about football too

Duncan you're always a twat about anything I say, have I fucked your daughter or something? I go to a few games a season(had a season ticket previously but had to get rid once I got a weekend job) and watch as much football as I can. If you honestly believe Jags had a good game, and it's not just because you're an argumentative bitter old twat who's took a disliking to a username, I advise you to watch him more closely.

I thought Jags had a poor game yesterday but that's going waaay over the top.

For me the last time we looked solid was when we had Yobo and Lescott at the back. When would you say the last time was? Cos I shit meself everytime the opposition go forward(think you mentioned this on another thread today)

Edited by pete0

When we had Heitinga and Distin at the back is the last time we looked solid.

I agree Jags has been poor for quite some time but I said in the matchday thread that he's gone from being a brick wall to a marshamallow now. Before his injury I think he was solid as a rock and I enjoyed watching him defend.

I like the Heitinga-Distin partnership as well and that would make me happy/less frustrated. As it stands though we won't get to see it unless the impostor is injured. Really can't understand why we never sold him, and it annoys me to see him on team sheet every week, especially when he's been out injured and walks straight back in the team.

I like the Heitinga-Distin partnership as well and that would make me happy/less frustrated. As it stands though we won't get to see it unless the impostor is injured. Really can't understand why we never sold him, and it annoys me to see him on team sheet every week, especially when he's been out injured and walks straight back in the team.

I don't like that myself, but I don't like it when it's any player, no matter who they are.

I think Jags is/was a fantastic CB but his form has been abysmal for a while now and should, IMO, be dropped. When he was in great form he was awarded with England call-ups and a new contract here with a wage rise, so why shouldn't bad form be punished also? The only way for that form to be punished is by being dropped. Him being on the pitch for us at the moment is doing us no good, infact it's costing us, and we can't afford it.

I don't like that myself, but I don't like it when it's any player, no matter who they are.

I think Jags is/was a fantastic CB but his form has been abysmal for a while now and should, IMO, be dropped. When he was in great form he was awarded with England call-ups and a new contract here with a wage rise, so why shouldn't bad form be punished also? The only way for that form to be punished is by being dropped. Him being on the pitch for us at the moment is doing us no good, infact it's costing us, and we can't afford it.

I agree with this a lot(with the exception of for players who have been played out of position). Osman's been the biggest victim of this which is a pity considering how well he does once he's had a run in few games.

Edited by pete0