IGNORED

Backroom Staff

SimonButtle

Whilst we are all wrapped up in the talk of possible new players, be it strikers or midfielders, something struck me, would a change in the backroom staff make more of a difference? There is no doubt we need to increase numbers, but the system we employ at the moment, appears not to be working, and Moyes seems to be without a plan B. We all seem to agree that Steve Round is like one of those dummies in a shop window, and i know the coaching staff tend to be defensive minded like Stubbs, who lets face it, whilst being a blue through and through, he was a pretty average sort of a player

I just can't help think that a re-shuffle behind the scenes is whats needed, id hate for us to bring someone in and still be playing hoofball, and Moyes does need someone there who is going to say to him "Cmon Davie Cahill has been shite the last couple of weeks, let Vellios start"

Whilst we are all wrapped up in the talk of possible new players, be it strikers or midfielders, something struck me, would a change in the backroom staff make more of a difference? There is no doubt we need to increase numbers, but the system we employ at the moment, appears not to be working, and Moyes seems to be without a plan B. We all seem to agree that Steve Round is like one of those dummies in a shop window, and i know the coaching staff tend to be defensive minded like Stubbs, who lets face it, whilst being a blue through and through, he was a pretty average sort of a player

I just can't help think that a re-shuffle behind the scenes is whats needed, id hate for us to bring someone in and still be playing hoofball, and Moyes does need someone there who is going to say to him "Cmon Davie Cahill has been shite the last couple of weeks, let Vellios start"

There is an opinion going round that Round is a yes man.

Why is that?

Moyes speaks to him often enough, so Round would have his say for sure. Our coaching staff are generally defensive in their own career history, and I've often said an attacking coach might be beneficial, but we've proved we 'can' play great football in the past. Therefore it's not unobtainable again, but in the past we had a few players we no longer have, and we can't change this.

It might be sensible to see who comes in during the next window, and see what effects that has on our team.

There is an opinion going round that Round is a yes man.

Why is that?

Moyes speaks to him often enough, so Round would have his say for sure. Our coaching staff are generally defensive in their own career history, and I've often said an attacking coach might be beneficial, but we've proved we 'can' play great football in the past. Therefore it's not unobtainable again, but in the past we had a few players we no longer have, and we can't change this.

It might be sensible to see who comes in during the next window, and see what effects that has on our team.

when we played attacking football, it was with Irvine as Assistant, now he is in charge of the youth team, maybe him and Round should swap lol

when we played attacking football, it was with Irvine as Assistant, now he is in charge of the youth team, maybe him and Round should swap lol

Irvine left in 2007 Pris.

We were playing our best football under Moyes (imo) 2009-10,

Edit: Obviously it depends on what you mean by best football.

For me, it was during the spell when Merson classed us as Barcelona. I appreciate we might have had a top 4 finish in earlier seasons.

Edited by Avinalaff

I never managed to get to carried away with Merson saying we were like Barca.

He does tend to get very over excited when he sees something he likes, and secondly, well, he like a drink from time to time.

We played decent for the odd game here and there, but I dont recall us being that pretty week after week.

I agree that whilst we cant afford transfer fees, bringing in a attack minded coach might help.

Is Zola busy? Maradonna is bored im sure.

I would prefer an Assistant Manager who knew what he was talking about!

Even I can see Tolis isnt ready yet

Based on what/how Chelsea were playing whilst he was involved and the immediate change in style, play after his departure. He adds passion and urgency to the game, something we currently lack.

I don't think we are an attractive proposition for staff at present TJ.

I'd take him too, despite his nicknames, but I don't think it would happen. I'm not sure Round, or Moyes, are our problem though, and if they both went to Liverpool, I'd fancy them doing every bit as good as the next men.

We need players.

It's an interesting shout the wilkins one - asa fella he seems like a top bloke, almost too nice. Is he ideal for Moyes good cop bad cop role?

Here's a controversial one : Paco Ayesteran

i would have him no problem at all

ooh, even with his red shite back ground?

liverpool didnt play the same after he left though, and rafa didnt look so smug.