question for everton fans

footbal_fans

for / against  

16 members have voted

1. 1. cameras in football

• yes, i support the use of cameras
    • no, i don't support the use of cameras

good morning gentlemen!

i am a tottenham fan but, i'm not here for banta, trolling or any other form of anti-board behaviour.

i have been asking this to fans from the premier league, la liga, serie a and the bundesliga and will post the results when they are ready

as this BBC report suggests, the use of cameras to decide certain criteria of matches could be used in the coming 2012/13 season.

what's your take?

cheers!

100% behind technology.

The only reason the governing bodies won't allow it in my opinion is that not only would it help to get decisions correct, but it would also help to stamp out corruption, which I believe to be rife in the game, and it's roots are the governing bodies themselves.

Totally agree with that. The FIFA and uefa mafia would be loathe to see fairness in the game, they loved rolling out collina for the villareal game.

good morning gentlemen!

i am a tottenham fan but, i'm not here for banta, trolling or any other form of anti-board behaviour.

i have been asking this to fans from the premier league, la liga, serie a and the bundesliga and will post the results when they are ready

as this BBC report suggests, the use of cameras to decide certain criteria of matches could be used in the coming 2012/13 season.

what's your take?

cheers!

'not here for Banta', damn it, was has gone wrong with today's education unsure.png

I'm all for goal line technologies, surprised it hasn't been introduced before now really, how many times have we seen such instances since Hurst in 66 right through to The Germany game in the World Cup last summer where we had such scenarios and there was endless debates about it, I think if you take that away, soccer boards and discussions would be poorer for it, but by the same token the game needs things like these for fair play purposes

I enjoyed reading (in the article) some (former) Bolton players still using this as an excuse for their relegation from the EPL in 1998 because of such an incident with Everton the previous August, everybody will remember the game in question, and yes, they were wrongly denied a goal that night, but they can't put it down to one game for their relegation that season, they had like 37 other games to put things right and failed, so don't be making excuses about one night when a match official got it wrong, and furthermore they were hardly like the only team ever to have a dubious decision go against them

The Mancs probably thought you were referring to CCTV in the town center. How else could they get away with being hoodies on the rob? wink.png

Cheers for the results. I'd be surprised if they were any different though, as fans and indeed clubs tend to want what is good for the game. It seems the governing bodies have a different agenda, though strictly speaking it should be down to the football clubs to decide. It's their outcome that is often affected after all. If Fifa etc say no, the clubs should make a stand and tell them to take a running jump. Refereeing mistakes spoil the game.

I always think about this past World Cup where the USA was playing Slovenia. We went down 2-0 but managed to fight back to 2-2. We had a third goal disallowed because of a bogus foul call. If the ref had replay then he would have seen that there was no foul. Subsequently, it forced the US to have to play for the win in the next game when a draw would have sufficed if we have gotten that win. Basically, our players were winded from having to play comeback footy. Fortunately, the US won the next game and moved out of its group.

Btw, why is Norwich's voting tally in "for" so low in comparison to the rest of the league? Any correlations?

I always think about this past World Cup where the USA was playing Slovenia. We went down 2-0 but managed to fight back to 2-2. We had a third goal disallowed because of a bogus foul call. If the ref had replay then he would have seen that there was no foul. Subsequently, it forced the US to have to play for the win in the next game when a draw would have sufficed if we have gotten that win. Basically, our players were winded from having to play comeback footy. Fortunately, the US won the next game and moved out of its group.

Btw, why is Norwich's voting tally in "for" so low in comparison to the rest of the league? Any correlations?

England had a good goal disallowed too against Germany.