IGNORED

Should We Cut Our Losses With Rodwell?

SimonButtle

Guest blueboy122

Be interesting to see how he uses him when Gibson returns, hopefully he'll rest him so he recovers properly.. On selling him due to club debt, I think the club will cash in on Fellaini before selling Rodders.

For some strange reason I think Fellaini has gone under the radar of clubs, long may it continue though. He doesnt seem to get any plaudits or any exposure to how much of a class player he is. The pundits would soon rather hype up rodwell and by doing that bumping up his price tag, long may that continue also, as I have not seen anythin from rodwell that would make his value anywhere near 10 million never mind 20 million.

Once he gets fit has a run and plays for england his fee will be around 15 mill i reckon. I'd sell him in a heartbeat to be honest, and hopefully Wenger will come in for Jags again. £30 mill for the pair, £10 mill to the bank and £20 to spend plus whatever we have in summer knick knack noo

Guest blueboy122

Because Rodwell is English, and Fellaini isn't

Well done. I am aware of that. What does that have to do with my post? I didnt ask why the press hype rodwell up. Or were you just stating obvious facts... I have another the grass is green. Please go on

Guest blueboy122

Once he gets fit has a run and plays for england his fee will be around 15 mill i reckon. I'd sell him in a heartbeat to be honest, and hopefully Wenger will come in for Jags again. £30 mill for the pair, £10 mill to the bank and £20 to spend plus whatever we have in summer knick knack noo

I personally dont think we will see him anywhere near the England squad.

Well done. I am aware of that. What does that have to do with my post? I didnt ask why the press hype rodwell up. Or were you just stating obvious facts... I have another the grass is green. Please go on

Now now.

The media overhype English youngsters, and English clubs pay ludicrous sums of money for English players. Rodwell has only ever been linked with Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal because the press likes to link English clubs with the English "next big thing"s. You don't hear them saying Real Madrid have tabled a 20 million pound bid for Rodwell.

The only reason people go on about Rodwell being such an asset is because of the media hype from him being English and one good goal against Man Utd. That's why he, and not Fellaini, is the one that appears on the back page of the Sun with a nice £20M next to his picture every July.

Guest blueboy122

Henderson and Jones were around £20 mil and Rodwell's better than the both of them

No where near better than Jones from what I have seen. And as for Henderson they are about the same, both in effective players were games just pass them by in my opinion

Guest blueboy122

Now now.

The media overhype English youngsters, and English clubs pay ludicrous sums of money for English players. Rodwell has only ever been linked with Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal because the press likes to link English clubs with the English "next big thing"s. You don't hear them saying Real Madrid have tabled a 20 million pound bid for Rodwell.

The only reason people go on about Rodwell being such an asset is because of the media hype from him being English and one good goal against Man Utd. That's why he, and not Fellaini, is the one that appears on the back page of the Sun with a nice £20M next to his picture every July.

Rodwell as been linked with Madrid numerous times within the past few seasons however I do see your point. Surely they must see some ability in him that 90% of Everton fans dont because why wouldnt they do the same with Jose Baxter, Connor Mcelney etc etc. What has evey other club seen in Rodwell that we havent or I havent. Surely must have seen Fellani play and simply chose not to speak about him because if he was playing for United/Chelsea/Liverpool etc he would be hailed as one of the best holding midfeilders the league has ever seen

Rodwell as been linked with Madrid numerous times within the past few seasons however I do see your point. Surely they must see some ability in him that 90% of Everton fans dont because why wouldnt they do the same with Jose Baxter, Connor Mcelney etc etc. What has evey other club seen in Rodwell that we havent or I havent. Surely must have seen Fellani play and simply chose not to speak about him because if he was playing for United/Chelsea/Liverpool etc he would be hailed as one of the best holding midfeilders the league has ever seen

I cant help but agree. Fellaini is amazing, I have no doubt if he were at a bigger club he would be in the starting 11 game in game out because of his ability. Im not saying hes under rated, I dont think that because his ability is clear... However I do think hes unseen at times and in the case that he were at a bigger club people would be saying "Fellaini this, Fellaini that".