IGNORED

Should We Cut Our Losses With Rodwell?

SimonButtle

Moyes has come out today and said that Rodwell's return has been held up for a bit longer, Jack seems to have a touch of the injuries about him sadly, when back and fit should we maybe cut our losses with him in the summer and sell, we know there will be buyers and it would allow us to keep Felli and Barkley, and Baines without the threat of the bank looming over us.

no we should keep the players we have and only sell if they want to leave.

People commenting saying sell rodwell fellani etc to raise cash in the past, dont no a thing about this club and should no to well by now that selling players doesnt mean we will replace them dont mean you above either but to hear sell fellani on here makes me think alot of people dont actually go the game and watch match of the day to judge players.

Edited by Blue4Ever

People commenting saying sell rodwell fellani etc to raise cash in the past, dont no a thing about this club and should no to well by now that selling players doesnt mean we will replace them dont mean you above either but to hear sell fellani on here makes me think alot of people dont actually go the game and watch match of the day to judge players.

I was only offering the option, personally there are others id sell before Rodwell.

If we were to sell it'd be pure profit wouldn't it?

Indeed it would.

For me Rodwell can go, he's not an amazing player and for the money that people are going to offer for him I don't see why Moyes has fought to keep hold of him. With the £20,000,000 or so that he will go for we could bring in decent players who could cover the cracks in our team not to mention that he is starting to get injury prone (the sooner teams find out about that we will be lucky to get £10,000,000 for him).

I don't understand "cut our losses" when he didn't cost us anything in the first placeshuh.png .

If we were to sell it'd be pure profit wouldn't it?

ok, maybe thats not the right title, what i meant was, maybe we are not seeing the best of him due to injuries, so should we just sell when we know we can get money, i was just trying to raise the idea, personally id sell others ahead of Jack

Is it still his hammy thats causing him issues? Im not a physio but I would expect that to be a 100% preventable injury. If so someone should be making sure he gets treatment every day for that thing even when he isn't carrying a knock, otherwise he won't progress (and he hasn't). I remember a while ago he had a bit of a moan that Moyes wasn't giving him enough minutes and that as a developing player he needed time on the pitch. Bit ironic that he says that and doesn't keep himself healthy

I would rather keep jack rather than get 4 shit lower league players in anyway. moyes might have got good players in for cheap in the past but imo how the transfer market has gone, we wont be getting anymore of them sort of players for cheap like the artetas pienaars etc.. we will have to train them from a young age like we have tryed with a few but that means time we need players in who can play now and I no they dont come cheap but 2 good players is better than 5 poor ones to fill the squad. bit off topic but watching us in the last 10 games ive never seen a team look so lost trying to score it really does make you think moyes has them practicing defending corners and freekicks all day, the way we attack teams. rant over now ha

Edited by Blue4Ever

Patience for what? He's very injury prone and if we can get 20 mil from him we'd be laughing. Moyes will fish more gems from the market to replace him.

Don't think you can call him injury prone yet, he's hardly been around for 5minutes. He's still young and developing. He's got to be part of our future unless he gets his head turned.

Anyway Gerrard's always been 'injury prone' hasn't he? Not done bad for that lot!

Edited by c1982

There's a reason Rodwell is touted as a potential £20 million player. He's been showing good signs of development throughout this season and I think its a bit soon to rule him out just because he's had a spate of injuries.

Cleverley, Young, and now Phil Jones are going through a similar phase at Man Utd, and nobody's ruling out their careers, so lets just have some patience and wait and see.

Although He has not "yet" become the player He was and has been touted a big factor in that could be down to injuries and so on but do people seriously believe the money gained from his sale would be pumped back into the squad!?

We would sell a good young English talent and get far less for him in his current state and not see a penny of it put back into the team.

It's a no win situation in a sense as a supporter as we should be building around players such as Jack and Ross but don't have the funds to and if we sell such players it would be ploughed into debt payments and not the squad.

No the only lure in selling players from the club's point of view is wiping out debt which is all well and good for their pockets but people would mask it saying it would attract a buyer but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't the obsession with buying clubs seems to have run dry.

The chances are we would end up in a relagation dogfight and sooner or later will face the drop which would cripple this club and at a good chance permanently.

I wouldn't say we are in limbo as such either we've gone abit stale if anything Moyes needs to freshen things up and play a different system/players be abit more positive and tactically astute

Ive not missed a game this season, seen them all, either live on telli or afterwards. Ive been one of those saying that it would be worth it at 20 mil plus. Without replacing Rodders. Do I like the lad? Yes, do I think he is worth 20 mil plus? No I dont, I think that english players are crazy over rated. Value wise at least.

20 mil would get the banks off our backs, would make Everton more sellable.

Thinking with your heart isnt always the best thing!

I still would like to keep Jack tho, if possible

It'll be interesting to see how this Silva Junior lad looks.

He's also a central midfield player and if he impresses and shows a bit more attacking flair than Rodwell has shown then it may tempt Moyes/Kenwright to sell if a good bid comes in. That's not to say I expect this lad to take over but he would certainly be competing for a similar position.

With Gibson now in the side as well Rodwell may find himself dropping to the bench more often again.

• 1 month later...