IGNORED

FIFA January transfer updates

Aidan

I'm very annoyed that Pienaar went up in rating when he want to tottenham last year and now hes moved back to everton hes lost 3 points. Would someone like to tell me how a player gets worse if he moves club? Its nonsense. Jelavic is terrible on the game (76 - but shite), Straq even worse (69), Fellaini is rated 79 but if he was at chelsea he would be rated 85+. Its bias and stupid IMO and due to the poor work from EA on the game this year I think my next purchase for a football game will be PES.

Thought the exact same thing if im honest, i always used to rant how he was only 76-77 on the other FIFA's then he moves to Spurs and all of a sudden he is 80-81 (he is now 78, i think?). Although i think the reason this time could be that he hardly played in his time at spurs, so his stats may have decreased some what. I agree with the Straq rating, 69 is an awful evaluation, but again, he hasnt really hit form till late Jan early Feb, so i think the developers have not based it on his recent form. And as for your Fellaini comment, i cant help but agree.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

I understand what you are saying but the whole game for me this year was far too buggy online. The updates just topped it off though. I've always bought FIFA but I think its time for a change, I dont want to spend another 45 quid on that piece of shite next season.

Jelavic is shite on the game but I think that they are maybe giving him less points because he played in a poor league. Stracq for me should have a higher stat rating and I think they should put his face in the game (he's got an anonymous icon). Pienaar's stats have decreased due to him not playing with Spurs but they should surely be raised considering the form he is in for us at the minute.

Some of the teams have gone to pot online too. FC Barcelona now have David Villa in the reserves and the Manchester City team now set-up in a strange formation that might work on the pitch but dosen't on FIFA 12 (i.e - Aguero in the midfield is a waste in the game due to his pace and scoring ability).

As someone who owns FIFA & PES (2012) FIFA is still better, it's just annoying how this update has changed so many things.

I understand what you are saying but the whole game for me this year was far too buggy online. The updates just topped it off though. I've always bought FIFA but I think its time for a change, I dont want to spend another 45 quid on that piece of shite next season.

Elaborate.

Edited by Zoo

Some of the teams have gone to pot online too. FC Barcelona now have David Villa in the reserves and the Manchester City team now set-up in a strange formation that might work on the pitch but dosen't on FIFA 12 (i.e - Aguero in the midfield is a waste in the game due to his pace and scoring ability).

Think thats because of his Leg break Zoo, it happens a lot when a player gets a serious injury. They just put him in the reserves instead of making him unavailable all together, which is what i would prefer personally.

Elaborate.

Occasionally it takes a long time to find a match (sometimes up to 6 or 7 attempts), also, in-game sometimes players change for no reason (Ive just had a one on one were the ball got played through in the air and the oppoentens keeps came rushing out, all I had to do was a chip shot or knock it past him with ease and my player changed from Jelavic to Cahill for literally half a second than changed back - that happens a couple of times a match although fortunetly not always in 1 on 1s), the servers are also poor as sometimes matches disconnect for no obvious reason, and a winner is decided by defualt - which, also, isnt accurate.

Xbox or PlayStation 3?

I'm on Xbox and whereas I'm not going to call you a liar I've never had any of the problems you have mentioned. I always, always get a game first go and my players have never switched randomly. The serves have been fine to me aswell (apart from the occassional laggy game which could be down to the other player).

Like I said I do believe you but I could only put it down to bad luck because I've never experianced the problems you mentioned.

Think thats because of his Leg break Zoo, it happens a lot when a player gets a serious injury. They just put him in the reserves instead of making him unavailable all together, which is what i would prefer personally.

Forgot about that. Fair enough, I agree with you because at least you can still use him. With all the squads being shuffled around I thought that for some reason EA had deemed Villa not fit for the Barca Starting XI.

Xbox or PlayStation 3?

I'm on Xbox and whereas I'm not going to call you a liar I've never had any of the problems you have mentioned. I always, always get a game first go and my players have never switched randomly. The serves have been fine to me aswell (apart from the occassional laggy game which could be down to the other player).

Like I said I do believe you but I could only put it down to bad luck because I've never experianced the problems you mentioned.

Forgot about that. Fair enough, I agree with you because at least you can still use him. With all the squads being shuffled around I thought that for some reason EA had deemed Villa not fit for the Barca Starting XI.

PS3 mate... unfortunately, what a load of shit! They're horrible...

Yeah, not to start a PlayStation/Xbox war here but I'm on the Xbox and I'd say that's why I'm not having any problems. It's £40 to play Live for a year compared to doing it for free on the PlayStation Network but you can really see what you pay your money for.

By any chance do you play Call of Duty? Because I've heard that the PlayStation due to its poor security is a heaven for hackers who manipulate the COD online so that they can win a lot easier (e.g - Lag switches, Aimbot etc..) is that fact or fiction?

Yeah, not to start a PlayStation/Xbox war here but I'm on the Xbox and I'd say that's why I'm not having any problems. It's £40 to play Live for a year compared to doing it for free on the PlayStation Network but you can really see what you pay your money for.

By any chance do you play Call of Duty? Because I've heard that the PlayStation due to its poor security is a heaven for hackers who manipulate the COD online so that they can win a lot easier (e.g - Lag switches, Aimbot etc..) is that fact or fiction?

I agree, I used to have a 360 elite but left it at my ex girlfriends house (I have to say they are miles better in almost every way - apperance, menu, online and also the controllers are more comfertable to hold by miles). I used to play Black Ops on PSN and I play MW from time to time. To be honest I havn't noticed anything but Ive only been online 1 or 2 hours in total gametime so I couldnt give you a realiable answer mate. However, Back Ops was always fine online.

I'm very annoyed that Pienaar went up in rating when he want to tottenham last year and now hes moved back to everton hes lost 3 points. Would someone like to tell me how a player gets worse if he moves club? Its nonsense. Jelavic is terrible on the game (76 - but shite), Straq even worse (69), Fellaini is rated 79 but if he was at chelsea he would be rated 85+. Its bias and stupid IMO and due to the poor work from EA on the game this year I think my next purchase for a football game will be PES.

He'd be the best player on the game if they give him realistic stats. IMO he's the best dm in the prem and has the ability in heading shooting forward passing, so his attributes would be ridiculously good if they were realistic.

• 1 month later...
Guest Nikica

Used Jelavic with Rangers before the update. He was strong but extremely slow, and with a poor, unresponsive first touch. Oscar Cardozo of Benfica suffered from the same thing. They both have/had rocket shots though. Seemed at times like EA were simply stereotyping them as powerful big men, and weren't paying attention to the Portuguese and Scottish leagues.

I haven't played the game much recently, but next time I get a chance I will go Everton and Croatia, and see if there's much change in his game.

I do agree that it's quite pathetic that good players at lesser teams appear to be rated lower than a lot of squad players at top teams.

Edited by Nikica