IGNORED

Ressie Derby @ Goodison

Great to have the derby taking place at Goodison. If you're in Liverpool or nearby and not working then get yourself down there for 2pm kick off today.

Were looking like we'll have a very strong team with Jagielka, Duffy, Coleman, Osman, Barkley, Vellios and Jelavic all likely to be in the squad for the game.

It's also on LiverpoolTV on sky and can be found on streams as well.

COYB'S!

Is this some sort of cup? It's strange that the derby has been played twice so close together and I know that the last time we played them it finished 1-1 (so this could be the replay). As for the team I'm very happy with who we would be able to field, I'm with the rest of Evertonians who have been dissapointed with Jelly so far and can hope that he can hit the back of the net today and help us defeat our arch rivals.

I might head over the LiverpoolTV and have a watch.

Sadly, I'm without Sky so I won't see this. Regular updates would be much appreciated!

Is Shane in the Starting XI Nods?

I'd love to see him have a good game today against the Liverpool, he seems to be making great progress with Everton and I can't wait until he is ready for the first team and is playing week in and week out for us. Such a talented lad.

Is LiverpoolTV free then? i did'nt even know the shite had a tv channel

Apparantly its the most watched online football streaming show so it seems that Norwegians love to watch the Reds online. I've managed to find the LiverpoolTV HUB on my laptop but I'm unsure if this is the right place to see the match, I'll have a nosey round come 2:00 and see if I can find anything regarding Everton.

If I can get to see the match I'll post what goes on in here for those that either can't get LiverpoolTV or can't be arsed going onto the website.

Apparantly its the most watched online football streaming show so it seems that Norwegians love to watch the Reds online. I've managed to find the LiverpoolTV HUB on my laptop but I'm unsure if this is the right place to see the match, I'll have a nosey round come 2:00 and see if I can find anything regarding Everton.

If I can get to see the match I'll post what goes on in here for those that either can't get LiverpoolTV or can't be arsed going onto the website.

FairWooney's post says it's a sky channel, i will go downstairs and have a look lol

FairWooney's post says it's a sky channel, i will go downstairs and have a look lol

I don't have LiverpoolTV on the telly but I'm pretty sure on their website it said you could watch it for free online too. I hope you can as I'd like to see some of the game and see how our fringe players are getting on, I'm interesting in what is going on 'behind closed doors' with our squad so to speak.

I don't have LiverpoolTV on the telly but I'm pretty sure on their website it said you could watch it for free online too. I hope you can as I'd like to see some of the game and see how our fringe players are getting on, I'm interesting in what is going on 'behind closed doors' with our squad so to speak.

Ahh ok, but i checked and it's channel 424, and it starts at 1.30pm(the programme) Edited by theprisoner

Not seen their line up but ours sure looks strong for a reserve side.

Good to see everyone coming back to fitness and getting game time.

I think the added impetus of playing at Goodision should spur us on to victory.

I've backed us to win though unfortunately after finding my Bwin account (only bookie that had the game) had closed my account due to inactivity I had to open a new account by which point the odds had dropped when they'd seen the team! Were now 1.95 to win from an earlier 2.25

Liverpool: Jones, Mclaughin, Sama, Wisdom, Mendy, Roberts, Coady, Suso, Adorjan, Sterling, Eccleston

Everton: Mucha, Browning, Duffy, Jagielka, Touray, Coleman, Rodwell, Barkley, Mcfadden, Osman, Anichebe (4-4-1-1)

The two sides have just come out and I have to say its the first time that I have heard Z Cars at Goodison (due to most of the ground being empty). We have a good team on paper and I can realistically see us getting a win here against an in-experianced Liverpool side.

Moyes has been confirmed as being at the ground too watching to see how the players fitness levels are coping going into the Sunderland cup tie.

Nearly 1-0 from the kick off;

Anichebe lays in Osman who takes the ball around Sama and shoots at Jones. Jones himself saves the shot well and Coleman has half a chance to put it past him and score but managed to pull it left past the post after just 30 seconds. Great start, Duffy on the ball as of writing at the back.

Phil Neville & Leighton Baines spotted in the stands - good to see.

Edited by Zoo

8:00

It's sloppy in my opinion from both sets of players, Liverpool have given away the ball more times than they have found a man and Everton are finding it hard to breathe whenever they get possession. Liverpool seem to be able to put the pressure on well but haven't got a clue what to do with it when they have the ball.

Coleman is playing well though, he is linking up well with Osman and putting in some nice crosses for Big Vic.

20:00

Another good chance for Everton as Coleman bombs down the wing and breaks into the box. Big Vic and Osman are in the box waiting but he decides to go alone and blasts the ball into the Liverpool defender. In hindsight he should have passed as Liverpool were out-numbered and looked on the back foot.

We are the better side and if anyone is going to score its us. The only chance Liverpool have had was a few minutes ago when Suso jinked past Jagielka and had a long range shot with Mucha smothered well.

27:00

Bloody hell! Liverpool have come so close to scoring twice now through Sterling, Mucha is saving the day for us at the moment. First is was a through ball from the left wing that split open our defence and caught both Duffy and Jagielka out (who so far have been playing well) leaving Sterling with a 1 on 1. Jan Mucha however came flying out and tackled him well to save the day.

Around 20 seconds later Sterling had a pop shot from the edge of the box which was saved one-handed by Jan who dove well to his right. Brilliant stuff.

We are still on top but the warnings are coming from Liverpool.

37:00

Clear penalty for Everton is ruled out! Big Vic gets the ball from Mcfadden and turns well around Sama. Sama himself puts two arms around Victor and pulls him back causing him to fall. I feel that Anichebe should have stayed on his feet as it was a golden opporunity from the left hand side of the pitch but he went for the penalty and didn't get it leaving Sama able to clear.

The ball comes to Suso who takes the ball around Browning and then faints a shot to get some space. His low drive is saved from Mucha with his feet and as the ball spins high into the air the Slovakian catches well.

Guest blueboy122

Mucha looks far to good to be our reserve goalkeeper. Feel sorry for him really as he deserves a number one spot in the first team... Maybe not here though as I rate Howard as top class.

Mucha looks far to good to be our reserve goalkeeper. Feel sorry for him really as he deserves a number one spot in the first team... Maybe not here though as I rate Howard as top class.

If Howard was to leave or retire then I woulden't rush out to buy a new goalkeeper as Jan Mucha today has kept us in the game. His saves have been first class and he has played better than some of the first team keepers in the Premiership.

Edit:

42:00

Sterling breaks away from Duffy and curls a ball towards the Everton goal. It looks to be going well wide but rapidly curls round Mucha and off the right-hand post. Liverpool have the upper hand in this game now and Everton don't seem to be creating enough good chances that can trouble Jones. A ball has just been whipped in from Seamus but Faddy heads way over to give Liverpool a goal kick.

Edited by Zoo

We look very poor tbh, some of our play has been very sloppy, Browning looks like a very promising player, Osman is playing ok, disapointed with Barkley he has been a bit in/out given the ball away a lot.

We started really well I thought in the first 20 minutes but we've slipped off and allowed Liverool into the game and they've inevitably become the better side in this affair. We need to start marking Sterling better as he is looking like a quality player and looks like the one to beat Jan.

Osman is doing well IMO but needs to be releasing the ball earlier as most of the time he goes forward he is running into trouble.

Coleman is doing well too but his crossing needs to improve, he is getting into the right areas but the end product is not up to scratch.

Duffy & Jagielka are doing well at the back - top stuff.

Mucha is first class and if it wasnt for Howard being a top goalkeeper he would be in the first team by now.

Barkley is poor for me, he's done nothing all game but get tackled and give the ball away.

60:00

Very mediocre second half from both clubs with neither side having a clear cut chance. We are defending well against Liverpool but not actually creating enough chances up top to warrant us going into the lead.

Osman has just come off to be replaced by Franciesco Junior.

60:00

Very mediocre second half from both clubs with neither side having a clear cut chance. We are defending well against Liverpool but not actually creating enough chances up top to warrant us going into the lead.

Osman has just come off to be replaced by Franciesco Junior.

Sounds familiar??????

Guest blueboy122

I like the look of that Junior actually he looks quite tidy. Very strong in the tackle and great on the ball, always looking to play people through on goal and always attempting to get us moving forward whilst tracking back and doing his defensive duties. I would replace Phil Neville with Junior just from seeing 20 minutes of the lad!

I like the look of that Junior actually he looks quite tidy. Very strong in the tackle and great on the ball, always looking to play people through on goal and always attempting to get us moving forward whilst tracking back and doing his defensive duties. I would replace Phil Neville with Junior just from seeing 20 minutes of the lad!

I thought he looked good too and he was unlucky to pick up the yellow towards the end of the game. He looked quite good going forward and forced Jones to make a neat save and did alright tracking back. He seems fast too and reminds me of someone that could blossom into a Drenthe-esqe player, I'll be watching him closely in the coming months hoping that next season he can step up to the big time and join the first-team squad.

Francisco Junior looks a bit special, he looks like the type of player Rodwell really should be by now. good control, goes past people and good in the tackle, i agree with you on 20 mins viewing he looks as though he could be a gem.

Francisco Junior looks a bit special, he looks like the type of player Rodwell really should be by now. good control, goes past people and good in the tackle, i agree with you on 20 mins viewing he looks as though he could be a gem.

Rodwell didn't look at all good in that game and it's sad to see considering he should be leaps and bounds above the rest of the reserve lads. You could say that his injury means he would play worse than he can do but Jagielka was on top form and he has come back from a knock so that argument I find is invalid.

If we were to get an offer over £20,000,000 or so I'd jump at the chance.

We were never going to win that tbh....half our side were first teamers coming back from injury and there's no way they're going to be playing 100% and risking setbacks (rightly so).

All of the Liverpool lads wanted it but for us the result was pretty much irrelevant.

Agree on Junior.