IGNORED

Ressie Derby @ Goodison

Rodwell didn't look at all good in that game and it's sad to see considering he should be leaps and bounds above the rest of the reserve lads. You could say that his injury means he would play worse than he can do but Jagielka was on top form and he has come back from a knock so that argument I find is invalid.

If we were to get an offer over £20,000,000 or so I'd jump at the chance.

I do feel very sorry for him tbh, at the start of the game, Ian Snodin said that Rodwell would probably be disapointed with the way his career has kinda stalled over the last few years. I do think(like you) and i have said this before that we should sell him, as he is easily replaced, and i think he is someone who will always be someone who is in/out of the team.

I feel sorry for him too and although this will sound heartless its a cruel world and if he's not good enough he needs to be shipped off. Rodwell is a good player and I do like him but he's never going to be a world beater, I believe with the money that we could get for him we could easily strengthen our squad and progress forward as a football club. He can easily be replaced (like you said) and I believe we should be selling him sooner rather than later.

His injuries have become a burden and its not doing Everton Football Club any good, its a harsh business football but that's the way it has to be.

Cheers for the updates Zoo!

You're very welcome :)

I had to crack on with my college project which I why my updates dried up in the second half (and down to the fact that the game didn't have much action towards the end) but I have to say I was really impressed with your Shane again. He played alongside Jags like a true central defender and the sooner he hits our Starting XI the better.

i thought shane had decent game, but by no means ON IT!

first full 90 mins in 3 weeks, so it will stand well for his fitness......... told me after the game he enjoy playing along side jags!

good to keep a clean sheet against a decent passing liverFool res side.. smile.png

first full 90 mins in 3 weeks, so it will stand well for his fitness......... told me after the game he enjoy playing along side jags!

I remember him being caught out once when Liverpool broke down the left wing but apart from that he was spot on I thought - good game from him. How long did he get when he went off playing for the Republic of Ireland?

At least he got the call up though and probably got some valuable experiance from just training with the lads. I'd happily swap places! ;) But good luck to him anyway, I'm sure another call up is on the cards and I'm sure he will get on and show the world what he's got, made up for him.

Mucha was quality today and like I said before if it wasn't for Howard being a good keeper I think Mucha should be playing every week. I beg the question as to how many mistakes Howard can get away with though, its not as bad as the De Gea situation at Old Trafford but Howard has made many mistakes in the past that have gone un-punished. If I was Jan I'd be pissed off.

I won't comment on Rodwell in detail as he wears me down - he was very mediocre from start to finish IMO.

why would you be pissed off? howard has saved us many points...mucha has done nothing but cost us games when he has played...

whilst to some extent i agree with this, but he has had very few chances, he was making saves in that game yesterday that Howard could only have wet dreams of doing, he looked like a completely different player yesterday.

whilst to some extent i agree with this, but he has had very few chances, he was making saves in that game yesterday that Howard could only have wet dreams of doing, he looked like a completely different player yesterday.

I didn't watch yesterdays game but Howard pulls off some astonishing saves, that's not a problem with his game at all. You only have to think of the save he made against Villa at Villa a couple of seasons ago. Howard's problems are a lack of communication and command of his area and being beaten from distance because of his positioning.

I didn't watch yesterdays game but Howard pulls off some astonishing saves, that's not a problem with his game at all. You only have to think of the save he made against Villa at Villa a couple of seasons ago. Howard's problems are a lack of communication and command of his area and being beaten from distance because of his positioning.

yeah he does, but you would'nt have recognised Mucha yesterday, he was like a different player i never thought he had that sort of play in him, but then to be fair we have never seen that much of him

howard is one of the best shot stoppers i've seen...as romey said it's communication that is his problem...you just seem to have a downer on howard if you think mucha can make saves howard dreams of..

yeah he does, but you would'nt have recognised Mucha yesterday, he was like a different player i never thought he had that sort of play in him, but then to be fair we have never seen that much of him

I'm not talking about your point about Mucha, I'm disagreeing with what you said about Howard only being able to dream of making those sort of saves. Because, that's just rubbish.

I'm not talking about your point about Mucha, I'm disagreeing with what you said about Howard only being able to dream of making those sort of saves. Because, that's just rubbish.

ok then, maybe i stretched it slightly, i have nothing against Howard, he is too be kept at all costs imo, but the way Mucha played yesterday was as good as ive ever seen Howard play, and if that's the form he is showing he should get some sort of chance, but then we know that's never going to happen, so what do i know...meh

How did Rodwell play?

I have always been routing for Mucha because what I have seen (except the FA cup) he did really well and I always felt he should be given a chance ahead of Howard for a bit. He is younger :D

To be honest the only time I've seen him was in the league cup and he was shit. Let a clanger in against chelsea that bounced off his head if I remember correctly so i wouldnt be putting him in in place of howard in a hurry. We've certainly had better on the bench.