IGNORED

Bilbao and Bielsa

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/mar/07/marcelo-bielsa-athletic-bilbao-manchester-united

Watching the United v Bilbao match and Bilbao have just gone 2-1 up at OT. Absolutely unreal performance. Best i've seen at OT in a long, long time. Complete and utter dominance and they are playing some of the most superb football i've seen all season.

I hadn't really seen them play before but before the match a lot of journalists were saying that United should beware. After watching it's obvious why. They're playing the way that I could only dream we could do. Total desire & effort and the necessary flair to dictate the game.

Having digged deeper I found this article and I think, especially for those watching, it is absolutely fascinating to see what Bielsa is building at Bilbao. Enjoy.

Did I get this right?

The ref give a free kick to Bilbao because Evra kicked the ball with only one boot on???

Never heard that one,makes it worse cos they scored straight after it.

Pretty sure we had a similar decision earlier in the season.

I think it's one of those rules that are imposted to protect the players. If Evra was to kick the ball without his boot on I'm guessing that he could have risked an injury (i.e. - broken toe). That is the only reason I can think of as to why he was pulled up for doing such a thing, I saw a few Manchester United fans complaining about the incident as apparantly this decision has 'ruined' their chances of getting through. I find it laughable however as it's clearly the bad defending from the resulting free-kick which has lead to their defeat tonight.

Both Manchester City and Manchester United suffering defeats - crazy.

Guest blueboy122

They looked fantastic tonight I must admit. They just did the basics right but they did it to a tee. Footballing lesson to any young side just do the simples things right and they are effective. Pass and move. The first time I have seen that Lloronte play tonight and he is a fantastic player. He looks as if he has every aspect in the game. Pace, Power, Height, Great Decesion Making, Hardworking just everything.

Well done Bilbao I say, wasn't pleased with United beating Ajax in the last rounds so to see them facing a real threat of elimination thenselves, well I am quite content with that

Haven't seen the game but I'm guessing the match official awarded a soft as shit penatly kick in the dying moments. I hope Bilbao can finish them off in Spain second leg

Some think Ferguson is only staying on until he can beat the murderers five euro triumphs but I don't know how long that will take, time is not on his side in that respect

Yes, but consider the weight behind the ball

Surely there's going to be a substantial amount of velocity for ball trajectory with that fat fuck behind it, all he has to do is run up and give it a wallop

I still maintain I would readily welcome a Bilbao job done by end of second leg, I think Ferguson may see the Europa League as too small potatoes for his side but then again I think it's the one real opportunity of glory they have left this season apart from the league championship

It was a really good finish though even if it was from only 12-yards. He slammed the ball with enough power to rip the keepers arm off and it was right into the corner, there was no chance that the goalkeeper would have saved it even if he would have chose the right way to dive. As for their chances of going through I believe they will do it, they are still a top team and even though Bilbao played exceptionally well I don't think it will be enough to get past United and stop them from running all the way to the final.

I watched a program today about Manchester United's greatest European achievements and it showed Rooney's debut where he scored a hat-trick against Fenerbache. I looked back and smiled because I remember feeling very, very bitter that night.

Guest blueboy122

I have never understood the fat jibe eithier same as with Frank Lampard. Isnt Wayne rooney in like the top 5 for working the hardest in the premier league? I think he covers more ground than most other premier league players. I wish we would stop booing rooney now.

When he left Everton at first I hated him through bitterness but I actally really like the guy now. He never has a bad word to say about the club and it's obvious what an Evertonian he still is despite playing for United. I never boo him when he comes back to Goodison and I wish that others in the crowd would follow suit, when players (for example) Andy Johnson come back they get a round of applause so why not with Wayne?

He's still a top man in my book and no way is he fat. He's just built big and strong and covers more area of the pitch than the groundsman.

Ok Rooney is a size, is that more appropriate

Obviously there are a fair number of Evertonians who to this day don't like him very much, I think over the years and it's not sour grapes, that I have developed a disregard for Rooney and it seems to manifest itself by each passing season. Yes he's a good player, powerful striker, big name, but there's something somewhere that just leaves a distaste. There's no sense in lying about it. That's all I have to say on the issue

You can't blame Rooney for wanting to better himself at such a young age, and Manchester United is a bigger pull than Everton, although Rooney must have been on a decent wage at the time and would only have earned more if staying on, It was a massive carrott though that summer with United coming in or showing an interest and Rooney obviously would have realized there would be more chance of glory along the M62 than staying at Goodison, I can understand his thinking at the time but he could have become a club legend in time and we don't know with Rooney on board at the time of 2004 onwards how well the club might have done if he had stayed on. Even so with his omission we still managed a European Cup place

Some to this day will always have an issue with the kid, loyalties and all, I can appreciate that. The kid saw an opportunity and took it, more salary, more chance of honors, more recognition etc. It's water under the bridge now but some still maintain an ill feeling

Yes, but consider the weight behind the ball

Surely there's going to be a substantial amount of velocity for ball trajectory with that fat fuck behind it, all he has to do is run up and give it a wallop

I still maintain I would readily welcome a Bilbao job done by end of second leg, I think Ferguson may see the Europa League as too small potatoes for his side but then again I think it's the one real opportunity of glory they have left this season apart from the league championship

Ok Rooney is a size, is that more appropriate

Obviously there are a fair number of Evertonians who to this day don't like him very much, I think over the years and it's not sour grapes, that I have developed a disregard for Rooney and it seems to manifest itself by each passing season. Yes he's a good player, powerful striker, big name, but there's something somewhere that just leaves a distaste. There's no sense in lying about it. That's all I have to say on the issue

You can't blame Rooney for wanting to better himself at such a young age, and Manchester United is a bigger pull than Everton, although Rooney must have been on a decent wage at the time and would only have earned more if staying on, It was a massive carrott though that summer with United coming in or showing an interest and Rooney obviously would have realized there would be more chance of glory along the M62 than staying at Goodison, I can understand his thinking at the time but he could have become a club legend in time and we don't know with Rooney on board at the time of 2004 onwards how well the club might have done if he had stayed on. Even so with his omission we still managed a European Cup place

Some to this day will always have an issue with the kid, loyalties and all, I can appreciate that. The kid saw an opportunity and took it, more salary, more chance of honors, more recognition etc. It's water under the bridge now but some still maintain an ill feeling

Are you the same person or is this Pascoe posting tonight?