IGNORED

Players released...

Matt

I remember playing that H&V's game on the park once and we made some lad cry because his arse became that sore from being in goal. I might try and get myself into a professional club though (like c1982 CoM sounds like a good team) because I do miss playing at a high level, it's good fun and a really good experiance wrapped into one.

I'd actually considered not going to University for Zoo Management and instead taking up an FA Course so that I could manage a football team (for example getting my coaching badges and running the local youth team). I believe that even though I'm pushing for a career with animals one day I'll have at least a part time job with football, I just can't leave it alone.

Good luck to the young lads who have been released, i'm sure if they have put the effort in upto now they will have a shot at another club.

Just look at Hope Akpan. Not to be offensive but everyone said that he was total wank and he's got himself into the Crawley Town team, I'm sure that Roberts went on loan earlier in the season and impressed so he might end up being back there on a permanant basis whilst Davies' England call-ups will surely net him a place with a lower league team.

Most of the released young ones will get a punt at a lower league team, if they keep their attitudes in the right place.

Nope, don't think so.

That's one of things I was gutted about when I left Everton. I was called into Kevin O'Brian's office one night and was told that my time was up. He explained the reasons why, wished me all the best and then I had my final training session and left. I was hoping that I would have been released with say, a few contact numbers so that I could pursue my career elsewhere but I was released back into Sunday League without any support.

Its a shame that, a lot of the kids seem to have agents now days when they get to 16,17,18, maybe that would give them more chance of getting another club.

Its not great that they dont get given more support, you've done ok since and gone onto another career you care about, but some of these kids could find it very easy to lose their way, get into a few bad things. There should be some sort of support network.

Edited by StevO

Nope, don't think so.

That's one of things I was gutted about when I left Everton. I was called into Kevin O'Brian's office one night and was told that my time was up. He explained the reasons why, wished me all the best and then I had my final training session and left. I was hoping that I would have been released with say, a few contact numbers so that I could pursue my career elsewhere but I was released back into Sunday League without any support.

I find that very poor that as a kid the club did'nt give you some idea of the next step to take, your not asking them to find you a new club etc etc, just a bit of advice and maybe a few phone numbers, no wonder we are miles behind the rest of Europe in terms of youth development as a country. Edited by theprisoner

I was kinda' lucky and unlucky at the same time when I re-joined Sunday League football. One of the coaches at the Under-7 team had got a job as a goalkeeping coach at the Everton Academy and because of this I took it upon myself to go over and ask him if he needed any help running his Under-7 team, he accepted and I became the Under 7's Goalkeeping Coach which kept me in the window for any local clubs, he rang around a few teams such as Manchester City and Bolton Wanderers who declined his offer and halfway through this 'ringing around business' his father took ill and passed away. Since that he's jacked in the coaching and I havent heard of him since, so whilst I was lucky enough to get some coaching experiance I was unlucky not to have had a shot with some other clubs.

I do wish that Everton had of helped more because I know some people that have taken it really badly. One of my mates at Finch Farm called Paddy had been playing there since he was about 8 and had been training 5 days a week meaning that playing for Everton was all he knew, both me and him were released on the same day and he took it really badly seeing as they just cut him off without any support, he had gone from playing daily for Everton to doing sweet fuck all after school. I believe that there should be some post-academy system that aims to put players back into others teams because not blowing my own trumpet but if I was good enough to play for Everton (albiet only for 1 year then surely I could have at least made an effort to get into a League One/Two side).

Edited by Zoo

laugh.png is that a no then? tongue.png

It is mate! :P I actually remember a few of us saying how it'd be great if we made it as professional footballers just so we could get ourselves onto FIFA and the likes... The priorities of the Everton Academy seriously needs looking at!

Nsiala signed for Accrington.

Good for him! Isn't that where he had his loan spell?

Guest blueboy122

Good for him not often a player gets released and joins another team of a similar stature (meaning being in the premier league) They normally end up going to the likes of Accrington.