IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Guest blueboy122

Zaha and Tom Ince the supposed gems of the championship....

Both were so poor they may look great against poor championship defences but thats about the best of their ability in my opinion.

Mirallas has got to be played behind the striker so much more next season, he's a quality finisher.

I think he wouldnt find the same space if he started predominately through the centre plus that would put him against much stronger CB's and defensive midfielders. Start him on the wing and let him drift.

He played on the wing yesterday though, he was just drifting around a bit. I think if we play him on the left wing, he'll be able to get into more scoring positions as well. Mirallas on the left, a new guy on the right (a winger who's actually at his best on the right) and Pienaar in the middle behind a striker (as his short combination play is his best quality imo) is what I'd prefer next season.

I wouldnt disagree with that!

Lorenzo Insigne been impressive so far. He's already a regular for Napoli though.

Didnt know what to make of him in the game against Israel. Clearly has class and also seems to have a good attitude but I dont know quite where he would 'fit' in with us. Either way its irrelevant because he is well out of our price range!

I'm glad we didn't make Butland an Everton player :D He was very poor last game and he's been insecure again. He came to grab a corner and missed it completely, so Norway got another corner and they scored their first goal.

Even when he was being raved about last season he was making some pretty sizeable errors but they seemed to get overlooked. I think he has the attributes to be a top GK but he is a long way from starting for a Premiership team yet.

Zaha will flop at United. Everyone is touching themselves because he's coming to the Premier League but he's just going to be another Welbeck.

Yeh I dont get the hype either. He has some skills and obviously the potential to improve but I dont see what tempted Utd to pay so much for him other than the fact he is English.

The FA really need to look into the state of English football. We dont have enough enterprising young English managers or coaches and we don't have enough quality young English players coming through.

Stuart Pearce should never have been kept on as England U21 manager after their performance in the last major competition where the players were running around like headless chickens. However is right to say that he should have had all of the top players available rather than them being wasted in friendlies with the senior squad, especially when you consider AOC played 30mins or something and Jones was played in midfield. Didnt Rodwell get called up as well? The FA obviously see the competition as a joke which is stupid because it should be seen as ideal preparation for the senior competitions.

The scary thing is, of all of the available U21 players how many are actually good enough for the National team? AOC and Wilshere would be two. Jones will be a top CB in years to come providing he actually gets played in that position and Rodwell and possibly Chalambah might be good enough in midfield. Shaw will be a top LB but that leaves a huge gap to fill. Yes there are some younger ones coming through buts its going to be a struggle for a while unless the powers that be pull their finger out.

Fuck this damn it, just spend about a good ten minutes replying to this, lost all my work and the save function doesn't operate

Tried to say, keeping it quick, Netherlands good side, no surprise with result, England did well and looked good against Brazil, they look a real danger in south america next year, even though I don't like to admit it, don't know really much else that occured, not really one for international soccer, and shouldn't they be having a break now, as the season's officially over, but still games continue. Just seems no respite from the game anymore, despite whatever time of year it is. At least no soccer tournaments this calendar year - good enough.

Fuck this damn it, just spend about a good ten minutes replying to this, lost all my work and the save function doesn't operate

Tried to say, keeping it quick, Netherlands good side, no surprise with result, England did well and looked good against Brazil, they look a real danger in south america next year, even though I don't like to admit it, don't know really much else that occured, not really one for international soccer, and shouldn't they be having a break now, as the season's officially over, but still games continue. Just seems no respite from the game anymore, despite whatever time of year it is. At least no soccer tournaments this calendar year - good enough.

You didn't actually watch the game then I take it?

Brazil and France have always given great games, the 1986 quarter final should have been (was good enough) to have been the final and France nearly always come out on top. Brazil would have won in 1998 but Ronaldo had a panic attack before the game and threw the team into disarray.

Still insist next years winners will either be Germany or Argentina. Spains stranglehold on the game seems to have passed.