IGNORED

A view from the opposition - Baggies fan

Hi, as a Moderator on www.westbrom.com we run a View from the Opposition where fans give their answers to questions I shall provide. Would you be willing to take part and I shall post the finished article on this topic later on in the week.

Firstly, if this is in the wrong board or I need the permission of the site moderators then I do apologise.

1. What were your thoughts on your season last year?

2. What were your thoughts on our season last year?

3. What are your thoughts on our appointment of Steve Clarke as head coach?

4. What are you expecting from Everton this season?

5. What are you expecting from WBA this season?

6. Favourite memories against WBA?

7. Worst memories against WBA?

8. Team you expect David Moyes to put out?

9. Player you fear the most in our side?

10. Score predictions

Again, a massive thank you to those which answers the questions and apologies if I've broken any forum rules.

I wish those travelling down a very safe journey. Here's to a good game!

Edited by Liam_Baggies

Firstly, if this is in the wrong board or I need the permission of the site moderators then I do apologise.

Not a problem....sure you'll get quite a few responses.

(Just ignore anything Marcopaulo says....he's a bit of an idiottongue.png )

7. 1968 Cup Finalshaking fist.png .

Not a problem....sure you'll get quite a few responses.

(Just ignore anything Marcopaulo says....he's a bit of an idiottongue.png )

7. 1968 Cup Finalshaking%20fist.png .

I'd just Pm'd you too! Haha.

Thank you. I was expecting that reply from many of you to be honest for question number 7.

No doubt your supporters will chant "you've never won f all" on Saturday! yay.gif

Thank you. I was expecting that reply from many of you to be honest for question number 7.

Most annoying thing was that my dad got two tickets for it and took my older brother...who's a Liverpool fanhuh.png . He supported (not surprisingly) your lot.

(He was promised them early in the season before we knew who was in the final and had told my bro he'd take him)

It was good in the end but we started really badly. We tend to have a thing at Everton where we only turn up to play football in January and have to play catch up to get into the top positions, last year we were horrendous up until Christmas and some fans were even calling for Moyes head. I can happily say that we picked up in the latter stages and managed to save ourselves.

Good. West Brom were always seen as a bit of a yo-yo team when I was younger. They'd always dominate in the lower league but never really cut it when in the top flight. I actually don't mind the Baggies so I'm pleased to see you doing well and I think that the days of going up and down the leagues are finally over. A top 10 finish is something which you should be proud of.

3. What are your thoughts on our appointment of Steve Clarke?

I don't know too much about him to be honest but considering you wiped the floor with Liverpool and managed to take points away from Spurs he can't be all that bad.

European football at least, we did really well in the Europa League last time we were in it and were really unlucky not to go all the way and take the title, I believe that our squad is miles better than what it was at that time so I believe that if we did qualify for Europe we'd do really well. Anything other than Europe I'd consider a failure given the squad of players we have at the moment.

I don't think you've got any worse from last season so I'd say more of the same. I don't think that WBA are good enough for Europe at the moment but I don't expect you to be near the drop-zone.

Sitting in the family enclosure when I was younger and we won 3 or 4 nil. Wayne Rooney played the night and when Tomasz Radzinski scored he ran over to us and celebrated with the crowd.

A few season back we went through a spell of losing games 4-0. We lost about three games by the same score-line on the bounce (one of which was against you're men) if I remember rightly Nathan Ellington bagged two of three in that game.

Similar to the one against Manchester United, I don't think we should fear West Brom but at the same time I don't think it will be as easy as the Aston Villa game, I'd like to see us play from the back and hopefully nick a goal on the break through Pienaar or Jelavic.

I've never really understood the hype surrounding Lukaku but he seems to be doing well for you boys (and in that case I'll want to keep him quiet). Odemwingie IMO is a top quality player and that's the man I'll most want to see have a stinker - special mentions go out to Ben Foster too who I consider to be a really top quality goalkeeper.

10. Score predictions

Another win - Everton 2 West Brom 1

usual rubbish start and awesome end...a season of frustration because we never kick on from the beginning..although with the return of pienaar and addition of gibson and jelavic we were a joy to watch for the second half the season

fantastic for a team like west brom(not meaning to sound patronising)..you established yourselves as a mid-table side with no fears of bein close to a relagation battle..with the teams above you it would be difficult for you to get higher and for that the team should be immensely proud

like zoo i know very little of him as a coach so can't answer i'm afraid

i've learnt not to expect or predict anythin from this team..they break your heart too often if you are optimistic or make you sound a mental if you say you're goin down...if we can keep our main first XI fit though we have a serious chance of europe..then who knows we might not be too far off champions league football but it's very competitive up there

same as last year..to be consolidated in a comfortable position for away from relegation but not quite enough to get european football

to be honest they're a team that pass me by..no real love or hate for them..i liked that victor anichebe scored the winner last season though as i'm a rare fan of his :P

gotta be the 4-0 for me..everythin your side touched went in and we were on the wrong side of a bad decision or 2..the penalty and red card spring to mind

same as we've seen so far maybe with the new lad mirallas in for naismith who took a bit of a knock..or maybe hibbert back and neville pushed up to midfield

to be honest i don't know much player wise but that lukaku looks a bit of a beast although he was poor for chelsea against us when he came on last season..also i think shane long has the ability to be a game changer on his day

10. Score predictions

an optimistic 2-0 for us

Shit start, good jan window, great finish, ended up above Liverpool

I thought you did really well. Kinda like Everton, performing above and beyond transfer kitty level

No real opinion. He seems to have his head screwed on.

Qualify for europe. Everton has it in them, but it will be really hard.

8-11th place finish

Dont have any

Dont have any, tbh the games against WBA are not my favourites. Just another game.

Im expecting:

...............Howard...................

Hibbo...Jags...Distin...Baines

.......Gibson....Neville.............

Osman......................Pienaar

............Fellaini......................

..................Jelavic................

Im swedish, and i know how good Olsson can be. Im expecting a tough game for Evertons forwards. Rosenberg is a good signing at the cost you got him for and I dont really like him (he always takes a spot in the swedish national squad ahead of young talent if Ibra and Elmander are injured.) as i dont like him im expecting him to do well against Everton.

Lukaku is a brilliant loan.

10. Score Predictions

Tough game to call, 2-1 Everton, but id take the draw if you offered it. Scorers? Osman, Jelavic and Rosenberg

#1 FA Cup Semi Final was a fine achievement and should have been in the Final even but we let the opposition back into it, but still went further than a lot of teams this year. The league campaign was the same as it had been for most of the years preceding it, i.e. unspectacular start, gathered momentum, finished more strongly, finish just around the UEFA cup places.

#2 I don't care what West Bromwich Albion do, but I applaud you for that win over the shite last weekend.

#3 I don't care about Steve Clark

#4 Another sixth or seventh place finish, decent showing in the Cup tourneys, Moyes to piss his pants when there's a chance of an actual trophy to be had.

#5 n/a

#6 Not an opposition I associate with 'favorite memories', i.e. there is nothing applicable.

#7 as above. Wasn't a fan of the team in 1968. It's the only significant defeat you could recall, in any event.

#8 Keep consistent with what he have seen thus far, whatever the formation or team selection, I feel we will have too much for the opposition.

#9 I don't know many of your players. Or to put it better, I believe I don't know any of your players. Hughes was a good player but understand he has since moved on.

#10 I can't even remember if we are home or away. But venue will be irrelevant as we will get a victory I do feel. Toffee's to win 2-0 either way

Thanks for stopping by.

Hiya Liam good of you to stop by with your questions.

I was happy with the back of the season but the first part was painful.

I was pleased for you guys as I think you made yourselves very much at home in the Premier.

I wish him a lot of luck. But other than that I am not sure as yet what to make of him. Give him a few more games and then we will see.

I am quite excited by the new season and I hope for a better one than last year. I would like to think we will be in Europe. Be wonderful to make the Champions League but it is too early to say we will do that.

A good season to be honest. I think WBA could be in with a fair shout of top ten.

As already said the big win with Radzinski scoring. ( I thought it was a great goal)

The 68 cup final was miserable for me. Also being raised in the midlands, I got a lot of stick from Baggies and Brummies. (Villa fans were usually not so bad I seem to remember. But Wolves were the worst)

Barring injuries, I expect the same team as we had out against Villa.

It is not the individual player as much as the team and teamwork. WBA look to have a bit of class about them this year (so far)

10. Score predictions

A tight win for us, maybe a draw. I do think Everton are the more likely side to win though. Maybe by the odd goal. Although I would accept a draw as it is at your place. (I have the horrible feeling we may come unstuck though)

Once again, thanks for the questions Liam I hope you have a great game, but please not too great eh?

Yet another slow and frustrating start which gradually improved when the players and manager started showing some fight. Moyes spent very wisely in January and some of the football we played in the second half of the season was sublime.

Cant say I watched too many of your games, but taking a broad view I imagine the fans must have been pretty happy with your final position. West Brom are now part of the furniture in the Premier League and hopefully you can build on it.

I actually really rate Steve Clarke. I wanted him as Moyes #2 when we were looking and when he left Chelsea (or West Ham possibly?!). He has worked under some of the best managers in the game and I would be very surprised if he wasnt established as one of the top British managers in a few years time.

Tough question... This is the first season in a while where we havent had some sort of transfer saga weighing the club down during the summer and providing nothing unexpected happens before Friday, we might just get off to a consistently good start. I know we are two games in and have won them both, but if we are 10 games in and still showing the same levels of performance then I would consitute that as a good start. We have the quality to push for the Champions League places but I think it will come down to whether the manager & players themselves actually think they can do it.

I think you will do well and probably fight for the Europa League spots. You have a good team with quite a lot of depth (at least in midfield and up front) and Clarke looks to have got the balance right already.

If I am honest I dont really have any!

Again I dont have any.

Same team that started agains Villa, maybe with Hibbert coming in for Neville if he is fit again.

I have a few actually. Long is real pain in the arse, and if we are lazy and not quite at the races then he could punish is. Lukaku is a best of a man and he bossed our back 4 in a cup game against Chelsea early last season. We were playing badly at that point but he could potentially be a massive threat if he gets a game. Mostly though, I think Mulumbu is a class playerand maybe a little underated. From the games I see of West Brom, he seems to be the one that can make things happen and if we keep him quiet then we should be able to keep you quiet.

10. Score predictions

2-2. I get the feeling you will really press our midfield and if so we might get found out. Having said that, I think you are susceptible at the back as both Spurs & Liverpool created a decent amount of chances against you. It should be an entertaining game.

Edited by Bailey

Poor start, strong finish. Why the deuce did Everton let Yakubu Aiyigbeni go.

It appears you did well for your class.

I don't know him, but his name is Steve, which is always funny.

I'm expecting a strong start, then there might be some pressure on the EFC players, making the middle of the season a bit moderate and then the end might be alright again.

Strong, attractive physical football with an emphasis on the forwards.

Everton- WBA is a slightly unattractive fixture, so I have no memories on these games at all.

Same thing here.

A Football team

edit: he usually uses similar line-ups over and over again.

Lukaku definitely.

10. Score predictions

WBA is one of those teams that can make any opponent shake. I like the football that I've seen in the first WBA games this season. I think if Steve (lol) choses to regularly let Lukaku start, it'll have a major positive impact, cause he doesn't only score, he also knows how to let defenders bite the dust like no one else and give assists that way just as easily as scoring goals. He puts so much pressure on defences and it's all a one man show really, the others have to make sure they run in the box.

That makes stuff unpredictable. WBA could defeat the Manchesters this season, but they could dissappoint too... imo it'll come down to strategic decisions of the manager, cause tactically he's looking pretty good to me.

Edited by Mirallas

We fully accept away supporters so come and join us.

Have you joined up yet?

Well I have tried. I got an e-mail back saying I would get another one from the admin. Still waiting on that to be honest. major%20overreaction%20alert.gif No worries though as I expect they are a bit busy midweek with work and stuff. I will be patient..... Not like me at all I wonder if I am coming down with some unknown exotic disease. dry.png

Well I have tried. I got an e-mail back saying I would get another one from the admin. Still waiting on that to be honest. major%20overreaction%20alert.gif No worries though as I expect they are a bit busy midweek with work and stuff. I will be patient..... Not like me at all I wonder if I am coming down with some unknown exotic disease. dry.png

Didn't you receive an email saying you need to activate your account?

Didn't you receive an email saying you need to activate your account?

I got this:

Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved. When this happens, you will receive another email from this address.

Regards,

The westbrom.com Team.

Not heard anything else form the forum Liam. But as I say I can understand if they are busy. Midweek is not the best time to try and join a footy forum when vetting needs to be done.

I'm not going to sign up for rival sites again on the basis of a matchday fixture. Did this last with Newcastle on the last day, did a really good articulate and comprehensive article and then was told 'can't post, due to spamming' (or something of that nature). I registered with an Everton themed name and they must have automatically thought I was up to no good. I won't mention the site in name, but I was disappointed with their approach.

Also, Tamworth in the FA cup this year, after our win, a few Toffees, including myself, had registered on one of their main boards (probably the only one), and went about our business quitely and with good intent, tried some good natured discussion, and a few Idiots on their page started getting all snappy and belligerent. Fuck that, I thought, and left them to it. I realize not all club pages are like this, but I feel I just had enough of it just recently. It's home pages for me only now.

To my surprise, there's a huge difference in mentality between the fans of different clubs. I won't call myself a true Toffee fan, but I stuck around since the athmosphere is good here.

I'm not going to sign up for rival sites again on the basis of a matchday fixture. Did this last with Newcastle on the last day, did a really good articulate and comprehensive article and then was told 'can't post, due to spamming' (or something of that nature). I registered with an Everton themed name and they must have automatically thought I was up to no good. I won't mention the site in name, but I was disappointed with their approach.

Also, Tamworth in the FA cup this year, after our win, a few Toffees, including myself, had registered on one of their main boards (probably the only one), and went about our business quitely and with good intent, tried some good natured discussion, and a few Idiots on their page started getting all snappy and belligerent. Fuck that, I thought, and left them to it. I realize not all club pages are like this, but I feel I just had enough of it just recently. It's home pages for me only now.