IGNORED

Greetings from South Africa

Sideliner

Hello all - i am a 53 year old male from Malmesbury South Africa. My 16 year old son rekindled my interest in the game and we are both Everton supporters.

Neither of us have played the game but we prefer it to rugby.What i like most about Everton is their character and attitude towards the game - they play hard but fair without too many stars or drama queens and with a relatively small budget.

The team spirit seems to be good and there ain't too many weird okes in the side with exessive tattoos and way out hairstyles.

I am a staunch supporter of fair play and i just love supporting the underdog because in a dogfight it is not the size of the dog that matters but rather the size of the fight in the dog!

Everton can now concentrate on the league and hopefully we have had our share of bad refs for the season, so we can end in the top 4 - would't it be just wonderfull!

English is also my second language - so sometimes it is difficult to express myself .

Look forward to talking to and with you Evertonians.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi matey.

I'm not sure we are underdogs in the true sense, as there are many teams much worse off than us, but we have probably gained popularity for being the best of the rest. We also have a manager who is respected and appreciated by both his professional peers and fans alike, and it is my belief that much of the respect that Everton have from other teams, and, their fans is down to him, and his efforts over the last decade.

We aren't a team that were always poor though, and we've had our share of money over our history. I'd love for us to be able to win the league under Moyes, as it would be fitting, but I've enjoyed the journey under him so far, and I think European football at any level would be great for the fans.

That Fallaini hairstyle is not new and weird - when i was young Arthur Ashe looked very much the same on Wimbledon.As far as Everton is concerned it is sad that it should be so difficult for the "normal" side like us to win the league.The existence of the European Leauge might just be the reason, because to compete there you cant afford to be a "normal" side.But now we have to face those abnormal sides in our backyard without the big guns - it is like going to a gunfight with a knife.