IGNORED

Interview with The Blue Union (Talking Toffee)

The BU don't represent Everton fans.

They isolate themselves by acting inappropriately, and need to seriously rethink their strategy. Nobody likes to feel intimidated, and the very word 'Union' is probably your achilles heel. They come across as uninformed, and hot headed. Similarities can be drawn to disgruntled passengers taking over a plane and then asking "Now what?", as they realise none of them can fly. If you have solutions to the clubs problems, then offer them in a mature and dignified manner, but don't approach the club just to moan, like a child constantly asking "Why?"

The business of football is a ridiculous one. If you want the club to be run well, then stop demanding that the club compete on the Premier League field of play, as the players are bleeding the game dry, whilst clubs struggle to maintain their greed.

Accept mediocrity, and the club will no doubt be able to offload the wage bill, and run at a profit, providing they still have the support of the fans and sponsors, but expecting success on the pitch combined with perfect accounts is asking for a perfect world scenario.

If the sport needs billionaires in order to survive, then there is clearly something very wrong with that sport, and the roots of that can generally be laid at the feet of fan demand.

Sell Baines, Fellaini, and Jags and the club will no longer be in debt? Simple, no?

It sounds to me like some fans want expensive Christmas presents, and if they can't have them, then they demand that their parents be replaced with richer ones. I'd rather those type of fans found something else to do.

The game is not an equal opportunity. It is badly balanced, and the solution is not to bring the smaller clubs up, but to bring the bigger clubs down. For clubs like Everton to survive, clubs like City, Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool etc etc must be sanctioned, and prevented from being financial giants.

Fantasy Football has the right idea, funnily enough.

Each team must not cost more than the next, and if the limit is £100 million per team, then any team buying Messi , Ronaldo etc for £99 million for example, then has £1 million to buy the rest of the squad. If United have too many players over the value, then they have to sell and buy cheaper ones.

It's time the game came back to earth, rather than every team wanting a space ship.

If there was no need to have a 'union' there wouldn't be one.

Unfortunately the club has made decision that have angered fans to the point that they feel they need a united voice. Of course, such movements will attract people who want to know why we aren't in a 100,000 seater stadium with Lionel Messi as our captain. However it will also attract fans who are frustrated at the levels of increasing debt, lost assets, no AGM's, lies etc etc.

You can't have a following as big as we have, make as many mistakes and then silence the shareholders without creating an opposition.

Simple as that. As it stands, there is as much to sort out within the game in general as there is to sort out within our club. Cheating, ticket prices, corrupt FIFA etc etc.

If there was no need to have a 'union' there wouldn't be one.

Unfortunately the club has made decision that have angered fans to the point that they feel they need a united voice. Of course, such movements will attract people who want to know why we aren't in a 100,000 seater stadium with Lionel Messi as our captain. However it will also attract fans who are frustrated at the levels of increasing debt, lost assets, no AGM's, lies etc etc.

You can't have a following as big as we have, make as many mistakes and then silence the shareholders without creating an opposition.

Simple as that. As it stands, there is as much to sort out within the game in general as there is to sort out within our club. Cheating, ticket prices, corrupt FIFA etc etc.

The very word 'union' is a poor choice in my opinion. You're a clever guy Haf, (even if you are BU) so I shouldn't have to explain why to you. Unions are historically associated with unrest, blackmail, and corruption, plus lots of other unsavoury things. Why not choose a nice nature supporting name like the Blue tits ?

They've angered 'some' fans. Please don't speak on behalf of fans who haven't asked you to, nor agree with you, nor hold the same values or priorities.

The very word 'union' is a poor choice in my opinion. You're a clever guy Haf, (even if you are BU) so I shouldn't have to explain why to you. Unions are historically associated with unrest, blackmail, and corruption, plus lots of other unsavoury things. Why not choose a nice nature supporting name like the Blue tits ?

They've angered 'some' fans. Please don't speak on behalf of fans who haven't asked you to, nor agree with you, nor hold the same values or priorities.

I'm not in the BU, but understand and agree with some of the concerns they have. i'm pleased that they are about as they give the board something to think about - regardless of how they have been with clowns, cakes, hidden tape recorders etc.

They are a Union because they merged KEIOC (very effective, knowledgable and credible group) Evertonians for change, the peoples group and SOS 1878.

I think it's fair to say that things such as Kings dock, Kirby, cancellation of AGM's, fake investors have angered fans and there was a need for a voice given that there was no way of shareholders doing so in an official capacity. It would be fair to say that there have been a fair few devisive issues for fans to deal with over recent years.