IGNORED

Reading fan Chat - Everton V Reading

daib0

A warm hello once again to all Everton fans – for those who don’t know me it’s a Royals fan 100% in peace, and I represent Reading’s ‘Royals Rendezvous’. It would be really interesting for us to have any general comments from you, like how you see the game going and general thoughts on your own team, and your (honest!) opinion of Reading. Trust me, our members love to hear what other fans have to say …

These simple following ideas might be used as a very basic guide in case you’d like to write to something slightly longer, but don’t feel you need to answer a ‘shopping list’ because any (sociable!) comments are equally welcome ...

A] How is your squad developing this season, which are the success stories, and what did you make of the winter transfer window this time around?

B] Many had yourselves down as dark horses to break the monopoly of the usual front runners. Whilst it’s been a most solid season, a champions league place is probably just a small step too far with less than a dozen games to go, so how are your predictions as to Everton’s final placing? – and who thinks a top four slot is a fair bet on the cards next season or the following one?

C] How strong do you see the premier teams around generally, for example I’m sure you’re glad to be sitting above neighbours Liverpool, WBA fairly consistent all season, and Swansea moving up a bit ... and err ... how much hope is there for the Royals considering our recent improvement but nose-dive last couple of games - please give honest answers, I’m not expecting them to be particularly positive!!

Just a word on ‘Royals Rendezvous’ - we’ve always prided ourselves on large and in-depth match presentations, which largely feature on the team we are playing and not on ourselves. I hope you might all enjoy browsing it this week – http://royalsrendezv...topic/9831894/1 We go to a lot of detail!

Many thanks, here’s to a good game! Any questions from yourselves, just get back on this thread ...

daib0/David

I'm glad that we are where we are (as I'd have taken it before the season started) but with the start we had you can't help but feel deflated. I really thought we'd get into the Champions League but that seems one step too far now. I think we will get into the Europa League if we find our form again but I really don't know if we will.

As much as it pains me to say I think Liverpool will catch us too. At the start of the season I think we were a class above them, now I think the opposite.

A] How is your squad developing this season, which are the success stories, and what did you make of the winter transfer window this time around?

Other than Coleman getting a stint at right back it's not changed and the kids aren't getting a chance to develop either.

Mirallas is the first player I'd consider to be a game changer in a long long time.

B] Many had yourselves down as dark horses to break the monopoly of the usual front runners. Whilst it’s been a most solid season, a champions league place is probably just a small step too far with less than a dozen games to go, so how are your predictions as to Everton’s final placing? – and who thinks a top four slot is a fair bet on the cards next season or the following one?

Either 6th or 7th. With a new manager maybe, with Moyes 4th will depend on the others slipping up rather than us having a right go at it.

C] How strong do you see the premier teams around generally, for example I’m sure you’re glad to be sitting above neighbours Liverpool, WBA fairly consistent all season, and Swansea moving up a bit ... and err ... how much hope is there for the Royals considering our recent improvement but nose-dive last couple of games

Ouch, just looked at your fixtures and I'm afraid it will be game over unless its a really low tally needed to stay up. Being optimistic when adding up, I can't see Reading managing to get more than 15 points.

a)squad showed very little developement - went rather stale instead - smallest number of players used by any club in the PL - very predictable line-up - makes planning defending against us easy -

success stories : Mirallas , Coleman , Baines as an attacker , Fellaini as all rounder , beating Man United at home , FA Cup run against weak sides -

transfer window : what is that ?

b)prediction : 8th or 9th

next season : same unless we get new coach or lots of money

c)Liverpool and Swansea will more than likely pass us and WBA will be close to us -

Reading : you stuffed up in your last 2 games - beating Villa and Shampton won't be enough - my gut feel is unfortunately that we will miss Reading in the PL next season -

apart from le Fondre your squad lacks top class players (more than Everton ) -

you have too many English players in your squad to compete against sides packed with mostly international stars -

you are not a media favourite - not flashy enough - (Everton has same problem lol )

you are a good side boxing way above your weight with lots of guts and giving your all but unfortunately running at such high refs constantly (opposed to cruising ) eventually takes its toll -

good luck for the rest of the season - may the best team on the day win on Saturday - hopefully the post and the ref won't be the deciding factor

#1 Still with a decent opportunity of european soccer next season and at least the FA cup semi-finals once again. Not a bad return thus far. Window was disappointing and talk of landing some exciting names but got a kid from the championship league. He may be a very good signing eventually and we're prepared to give him a chance, was but initially disappointed with all that we could do.

#2 Champions League won't occur this season, and even a UEFA cup place is in the balance, so 6th or 7th looks most probable

#3 I don't even like to entertain the idea of the shite finishing above us and there's still a quarter season to go or more so anything can happen but they are creeping around dangerously although I think they're just an average side. If Swansea or WBA get a euro place, more power to them, as they're decent clubs and supporters don't get to see much success, and hope Reading survive a relegation