IGNORED

Malky MacKay. Cardiff fan in peace.

Hi, I'm a very nervous and unsettled Cardiff fan. I was wondering how much the fans input matters at Everton. Also, are you happy with the names mentioned? Ie, MacKay, Lennon, D Ferguson, do Matteo. Who would be your preference? Is it likely your owner (is it Kenwright?) Will pay the £3m compensation fee for Malky if he really is Moyes' favourite?

PS. I'm gutted about that disallowed goal against Liverpool (I hate the buggers). Good luck in the future and just finish above LFC please!

Hi,

Most of it is newspaper talk, there's not much to the names put forward. It's basically a guessing game, people have an idea of who they think Bill Kenwright would go for and they try and pin the tail on the donkey.

I imagine Mackay is there because he has just won promotion from Cardiff, is Scottish and a friend of Moyes, he's sought Moyes for advice a few times, he does the same with Brendan Rodgers and Alex Ferugson. I personally don't know much about Mackay other than what's on his Wikipedia page. I'm a little underwhelmed by the reputation of the names linked, Moyes was reportedly the 8th highest paid manager in the world and we are about to enter a season with the largest amount of prize money ever given in the history of football - we will have a record turnover in April 2014 reported as a result, yet we are still being linked to non-'exotic' names such as Stubbs, Weir, Neville (he has a UEFA B license, he requires a UEFA Pro license to manage in the Premier League, it's lazy journalism), Mackay, Martinez and Lennon.

Hi mate and welcome to the forum :)

Look as Louis said nobody really knows what's going on at the moment, and it could take longer than we'd like to appoint a new manager.

In terms of Mackay, he's certainly one of the more attractive prospects that have been mentioned among others, and whilst I'd love him at Everton I really can't see him leaving you guys considering he's just got you into the Premier League and I'd assume he'd want to stay with you for that reason.

All the best for next season!

Malky is a good manager no doubt, but don't worry it is just newspapers putting out names in the hope they can say how THEY revealed the new manager first. There will be a lot of names put forward before an appointment is made. The chances of him leaving the Bluebirds (sorry about the red shirt by the way) is very low.

Good luck in the prem next season.

I've seen no mention of MacKay's name linked with the Everton position, at least not noticed amid all the other potential candidates. This is news to me.

Just because Moyes has declared his intention to leave, and a vacancy arises, doesn't indicate that it will be filled in the immediate future. Could be some time before we are aware of just who is to take over and be first manager since 2002, but since you asked, wouldn't be too keen on MacKay, although realize he has done a decent job for Cardiff City, or even Lennon come to that. Or Di Matteo or Duncan Ferguson. I can't really envisage any of those names taking over, and the latter seems so improbable I have trouble even putting the name forward.

I've seen no mention of MacKay's name linked with the Everton position, at least not noticed amid all the other potential candidates. This is news to me.

Just because Moyes has declared his intention to leave, and a vacancy arises, doesn't indicate that it will be filled in the immediate future. Could be some time before we are aware of just who is to take over and be first manager since 2002, but since you asked, wouldn't be too keen on MacKay, although realize he has done a decent job for Cardiff City, or even Lennon come to that. Or Di Matteo or Duncan Ferguson. I can't really envisage any of those names taking over, and the latter seems so improbable I have trouble even putting the name forward.

Don't they follow football on Planet Dalziel ? doh.gif

Don't they follow football on Planet Dalziel ? doh.gif

No, son. They've just lost interest.

Say again, I've seen no mention of Mackay being linked with the (upcoming) vacant position, and have read some various reports and names of people to be considered. Hughes, O Neill, Di Matteo, Laudrup etc, but no Mackay, and that's reading a fair number of articles. Seems fair enough

No, son. They've just lost interest.

Say again, I've seen no mention of Mackay being linked with the (upcoming) vacant position, and have read some various reports and names of people to be considered. Hughes, O Neill, Di Matteo, Laudrup etc, but no Mackay, and that's reading a fair number of articles. Seems fair enough

http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?source=search_app#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=mackay+everton&oq=mackay+everton&gs_l=hp.3..0i8j0i8i5.1748.5832.0.6199.14.14.0.0.0.0.552.2025.8j1j1j2j0j1.13.0...0.0...1c.1.12.psy-ab.CeYCdRl4wu0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.46340616,d.d2k&fp=d7e2346035105d75&biw=1600&bih=923

I think I'll trust the club to make the right move. They know what they need, so no doubt we'll end up with somebody young, dynamic, brave, and daring if we are patient (like me). happy.png

As for Mackay, he is a serious contender with a good attitude and one of my preferred risks.

The old boys from Redknapp to Hughes to O'neill to Allardyce and all between are not what we need in my opinion.

Damn right. MacKay is a name that fails to generate any interest, I couldn't even recognize him as a player.

Did well with Cardiff and got a promotion. Does that make him the end all and be all to take over from Moyes. Guess it's another Welsh variation of Michael Laudrup who did well at Swansea City. No to both names I'm afraid.

Guess if Port Talbot or Anglesey Town win an honor we'll be linked with managerial names, but it's simply not the way forward.

Damn right. MacKay is a name that fails to generate any interest, I couldn't even recognize him as a player.

Did well with Cardiff and got a promotion. Does that make him the end all and be all to take over from Moyes. Guess it's another Welsh variation of Michael Laudrup who did well at Swansea City. No to both names I'm afraid.

Guess if Port Talbot or Anglesey Town win an honor we'll be linked with managerial names, but it's simply not the way forward.

He's Scottish. dont%20know.gif