IGNORED

Baines talks up "progressive" Martinez

Louis

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-target-leighton-baines-set-to-stay-at-everton-8674961.html

"He was one of the first names linked with the job and the feeling straight away was he would be a great appointment," he said.

"He has a different style to what we have been used to but I think it is progressive and it will move us forward.

"It is also exciting for the players to be able to try that now.

"The style in general appeals to a lot of people. Wigan were a great side to watch - they just didn't win enough games.

"But the manager will be working with some better players here and he will be looking forward to that as well now, being able to put his plan out there.

"We have got good players at the club who could probably execute the style of play better than the players he's worked with before, without being disrespectful to them.

"He might have a little bit more confidence in the players - I am sure he had confidence in the players he had then but here are some really top players he can look forward to working with.

"We have time to work on it, whether it is a different style of play or whether the formation changes.

"By the time we kick the first ball of the season we will be well-versed on what he wants to do."

Had some slight hassle in accessing the link but apparently it's another team player giving Martinez accolades and recognition and how optimistic some would appear to be. Martinez could be a well be a progressive manager. A manager that gets teams progressively relegated. But you can't say a bad word about the man in question on these pages though, right ?

Only going over old territory, but we'll give him an opportunity, see what materializes and see what he can put together. I don't think they'll be any real improvement on what Moyes has already done but at least we'll have a better chance in the cup tournaments with a more attacking emphasis if that's the way forward. Moyes was simply too fucking tentative. If Martinez can turn that around and show some more ruthless agression, more power to him

he didn't need to say anything at all if he had any designs at all to move on from Everton this summer. So really positive hearing this. I don't think a single fan would like to see us cash in on him.

offer Baines the best wages we possibley can and get him on a contract that will keep him at the club for the rest of his career - that would be one of our best signings this transfer window. He deserves it for both his ability, consistency and attitute towards the club, I would rather see this type of player be rewarded for his hard work and loyalty to the club than bring somebody in for big money and big wages.

A left back creating the second most chances in europe last season - he is worth his weight in gold to the team. Is there another left back in world football you would swap him with?

he didn't need to say anything at all if he had any designs at all to move on from Everton this summer. So really positive hearing this. I don't think a single fan would like to see us cash in on him.

offer Baines the best wages we possibley can and get him on a contract that will keep him at the club for the rest of his career - that would be one of our best signings this transfer window. He deserves it for both his ability, consistency and attitute towards the club, I would rather see this type of player be rewarded for his hard work and loyalty to the club than bring somebody in for big money and big wages.

A left back creating the second most chances in europe last season - he is worth his weight in gold to the team. Is there another left back in world football you would swap him with?

I think that middle but is what Martinez was referring to in one of his interviews. A lot of the time, players get wage increases for very average performances but Baines would be fully deserved over his period at the club.