IGNORED

Norwich fan here!

Hi all! Just wanted to say that I thought Yesterday was a good game! Everton looked a very strong side to me, so for us to get a point when we had Fer, Hooper, Pilkington, Bassong and Snodgrass all out, all of which are first team players!! I just wanted to give Barkley a special mention. In that kid you have an absolute gem of a player, if he lives up to his potential he will be one of the best midfielders in Europe in a few years I believe. He stole the show Yesterday! Anyway, good luck for the season, except when we pop up to Goodison, of course!

Thank you Canary Yellow, yes Barkley is a great prospect, you will find most of us on here have known this for quite some time. The lad never showed it in Moyes reign as he was not allowed to really. Norwich are a difficult team to visit so overall I am satisfied with the draw. Look at the scalps you took last year at home.

Anyway you are more than welcome to pop back in here and join the debates. Always nice to get an outside viewpoint.

PS Get Delia to bring scones, I like scones. :)

Haha thank you! Yes, last year our home record was what kept us in the division to be honest. We only lost at Carrow Road to Liverpool 5-2 (sorry to say that word!), Man City 4-3, Chelsea 1-0 and Villa 2-1, while beating the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and of course you! We only won twice away (Swansea 4-3 and Man City 3-2) which is what made our last few weeks a tad uncomfortable! But with the signings this year i am a lot more confident of a top half finish (despite our last 4 games being Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal!! I think with the squad you have and RM's attacking style, you could be top 5/6 but the top 4 will be just out of reach unfortunately.

I'd favor Ipswich out of the two, but however I feel personaly with this club opposition, there has been a number of fine and memorable games going back far enough. Norwich have put together some decent teams in recent years such as 1988-89, 1992-93 etc, and what we have here could be something similar, although not quite of that previous level. Not a favorite club team by any stretch of the imagination, but if Hughton does well for you again, then more power to you, but as before, make the most of that brief success that you may experience.