IGNORED

Oviedo vs. The US

Oviedo tore up the US tonight. He assisted at least one goal and was just a terror on the left side. He constantly made runs up the flank and put crosses into the box. Although I'm an American and was rooting for the US, I couldn't help but be excited by Oviedo's play as a Toffee fan.

Reminded me of Baines a little, anyone else see the Match?

I watched that dreadful match for the U.S. Though Oviedo looked bright down the left flank, I feel that it was a bit of an illusion. For whatever reason, Jurgen Klinsmann had Michael Orozco, a center back playing right back. He is neither fast, nor agile, so it should be no surprise that Oviedo ran past him again and again. That being said, the lad still has to make that final pass...which he did pretty well.

Overall, USA looked shite...especially Timmy Howard. Wouldn't be surprised to see Nick Rimando in goal next international break if Howard can't get it together at the club and international level.

I watched that dreadful match for the U.S. Though Oviedo looked bright down the left flank, I feel that it was a bit of an illusion. For whatever reason, Jurgen Klinsmann had Michael Orozco, a center back playing right back. He is neither fast, nor agile, so it should be no surprise that Oviedo ran past him again and again. That being said, the lad still has to make that final pass...which he did pretty well.

Overall, USA looked shite...especially Timmy Howard. Wouldn't be surprised to see Nick Rimando in goal next international break if Howard can't get it together at the club and international level.

I'm actually expecting Brad Guzan to take over pretty soon. Maybe not before this World Cup but definitely after that. And I've never rated Orozco.