IGNORED

Oviedo vs. The US

Oviedo tore up the US tonight. He assisted at least one goal and was just a terror on the left side. He constantly made runs up the flank and put crosses into the box. Although I'm an American and was rooting for the US, I couldn't help but be excited by Oviedo's play as a Toffee fan.

Reminded me of Baines a little, anyone else see the Match?

While I'd love to give love to Oviedo (and he had a pretty good game) the US's RM and RB were terrible defensively. I wanted to kick the RB's ass for allowing run after run of Costa Rica players on the flank.

It was fucking Orozco. He's not even a RB at all. Klinnsman refuses to call up Tim Chandler(not that he would come now anyway), and he won't play Cameron there(who plays RB for stoke). Should've been Mix Diskerud in the middle over Cameron too. It was also a huge blow the Bradley was injured in warm-up. Killed our 12 match winning streak, too.

"Uses big Timmy Howard's tunnel as his reference point." :huh:

Sounds like Sid Waddell to me (except he's dead).

Beasley should've done better for the first goal surely? And Tim maybe should've got closer to the second.

Agree. We have Beasley playing LB, and I'm just not convinced by him there. He's usually a LW for his club. USA main point of weakness is its fullbacks.

Who is that Geordie commentator, he's so annoying!

most individuals from Tyneside have an irritating tendency or you want to give them a good slap. Most, but not at all- there are decent types if you can find them - but above all else, have little interest in international games now. Sorry to hear of the United States having a recent setback, and you wouldn't have envisaged such a thing against a team the caliber of Costa Rica although maybe the Central Americans have come on stronger since a last read, but it's still a disappointing result. How are we doing for World Cup qualification now ? I don't follow the national team much now in my defense but if we do make Brazil next year then it'll be good enough. Wish I could take more of an interest but that's about the size of it.

It was fucking Orozco. He's not even a RB at all. Klinnsman refuses to call up Tim Chandler(not that he would come now anyway), and he won't play Cameron there(who plays RB for stoke). Should've been Mix Diskerud in the middle over Cameron too. It was also a huge blow the Bradley was injured in warm-up. Killed our 12 match winning streak, too.

Yeah, a friend of mine calls Orozco "a young talent". Needless to say, he has always played like shit everytime he plays for the US. Surely Timmy Chandler couldn't have done worst.

yeah i'd like to see chandler as well at RB, heck even cherundolo who's 34 would be better once he's healthy.

I agree. Dolo is first choice when healthy. Hopefully he can get over the knee issues he's seen lately. I even like Yedlin as an option even though his hair styles are questionable.

Who is that Geordie commentator, he's so annoying!

most individuals from Tyneside have an irritating tendency or you want to give them a good slap. Most, but not at all- there are decent types if you can find them - but above all else, have little interest in international games now. Sorry to hear of the United States having a recent setback, and you wouldn't have envisaged such a thing against a team the caliber of Costa Rica although maybe the Central Americans have come on stronger since a last read, but it's still a disappointing result. How are we doing for World Cup qualification now ? I don't follow the national team much now in my defense but if we do make Brazil next year then it'll be good enough. Wish I could take more of an interest but that's about the size of it.

We were in first place until our loss to CR, and then they leapfrogged us. We're still in a good position with 13 points(CR has 14) after 7 games. Next, we play Mexico -- they are in bad shape with only 8 points and may not even qualify if they continue their current form. CR isn't a great team, but playing them away seems to be a US curse. I always dread it.

The way I see it is that on one hand we praise Martinez for picking Barkley based on what he has seen pre season, in training and fitting in with his tactics.

On the other hand, we wonder why some players aren't included....the clue is in the reasoning for Barkley being picked. It realyt isn't that hard to suss out people.

Oviedo is fighting Baines for a place

Vellios fighting Jelavic, Kone and now Lukaku

Barkley has had little competition in the OMC slot. Im half expecting Osman to take Barkleys place now that he does not have to play DMC anymore.

Hope Barkley gets to keep his place and that Osman will be benched.

The way Martinez has spoken about Barkley it would be a long shot.

Osman is Osman. Well respected, experienced, tricky, clever. On his day one of the best CMs in England. (Which we all agreed when he got his first cap last year)

I still hope Barkley plays and its great that RM talks highly about him but one bad game and Osman might take his place. Not a long shot at all.

Osman is Osman. Well respected, experienced, tricky, clever. On his day one of the best CMs in England. (Which we all agreed when he got his first cap last year)

I still hope Barkley plays and its great that RM talks highly about him but one bad game and Osman might take his place. Not a long shot at all.

The pace that ossie had is not there anymore. He's a last 20 minute sub for me now we have McCarthy, Barry and Gibson with Ross a first name on the sheet...