IGNORED

Ian Holloway has left Palace

When he managed Blackpool, I admired his fresh approach and candor when they reached the EPL. After a while, though, I became a little bored by his constant moaning. Sadly, over time, that's only got worse. Holloway appears to be someone who can get Championship teams promoted but can't keep them there. I'm sure he'll soon find a job with a team like Middlesborough.

I like Holloway and if I was Championship team with half a chance of promotion I would probably appoint him now - although he seems so have lost his mojo <or had it sucked out of him>

Those two stunning goals on Monday night would have knocked the heart out of most teams - never mind an under-cooked bunch of strangers, missing their two best players and finding their feet in a league where any error or weaknesss is generally punished.

Fair play to the chairman for saying he was quite prepared to go down with Holloway in charge, knowing their chances of coming back up were good. That's the way it has to be for most of the promoted clubs until they can establish themselves a la West Brom.

Fair play to Holloway too for admitting he tried to change things too quickly.

The wee man looks burnt out. Bit of punditry beckons before he gets back in the saddle.