IGNORED

2014/15 Substitutions Used

I don't post that often so just to be clear i am a Martinez supporter. However his use and frequency of substitutions is truly mind-boggling and frankly laughable.

Most may have no interest in this topic but i felt a desire to throw it out there at least in part so i could stop obsessing over it.

2014/15 Substitutions Used:

(in order by date)

Full Season: Aug. 16 2,3,2,2,3,3,3,3,1,,3,3,3,2,3,3,3,3,3,2,2,2,3,3,0,3,3,2,3,1,2,2,2 Jan 31.

Just Europa & Cup Games: 3,3,1,3,3,3,3,3,2

Admittedly these findings weren't as shocking as i expected - i thought he was under utilizing subs all season but it appears to just be recently.

We have played 9 games from 12/20 to 1/31 and only twice has he used all 3 subs. (Boxing day game of 3 subs doesnt count because howard was substituted). 9 games in 5 weeks and ONLY TWICE using all 3 subs. Complete bollocks.

Finally, team record based on number of subs used:

Overall: 9 wins, 12 draws, 11 losses

0 subs: 0-0-1

1 sub: 0-2-0

2 subs: 3-4-4

3 subs: 6-6-6

I think the problem is he has no options available to bring 3 on. If we're losing 1-0 and need a goal it's no good bringing a defender on. Say we have Mcgeady, Kone, browning, Distin, Garbutt, Hibbert and a goalie on the bench. If Kone and Mcgeady are introduced there's no attacking options on the bench....... Sometimes.

Although I do see were you're coming from with it, his subs have been shocking at times but sometimes (not all mind) there isn't 3 viable subs on the bench that are the right choice to chase a game.

We're missing Osman and Pienaar from the bench, they are the type of players we need last 20 minutes if we're struuggling to break a side down imo.

I think the problem is he has no options available to bring 3 on. If we're losing 1-0 and need a goal it's no good bringing a defender on. Say we have Mcgeady, Kone, browning, Distin, Garbutt, Hibbert and a goalie on the bench. If Kone and Mcgeady are introduced there's no attacking options on the bench....... Sometimes.

Although I do see were you're coming from with it, his subs have been shocking at times but sometimes (not all mind) there isn't 3 viable subs on the bench that are the right choice to chase a game.

We're missing Osman and Pienaar from the bench, they are the type of players we need last 20 minutes if we're struuggling to break a side down imo.

I certainly see your point but that may be overstating it a bit. Barkley went unused against CP, West Brom your point holds firm, against Man City Kone, Eto'o, Oviedo unused, West Ham FA Cup Kone unused. A case could even be made for garbutt to come on at lb and push baines up because garbutt is a killer corner taker. Its a stretch i just get frustrated watching players wear down over 90 mins with unused subs.