IGNORED

My New Team Is . . . Everton!

JRon

Hey everyone!

So, I am new fan of Everton. I have a question for all you Evertonians towards the end here. I have been wondering for some time now what team I should become a fan of in the EPL. I am a big fan of ReAl Salt Lake here in the MLS, but I wanted to watch some European Football. It bugs me that the US came up with a dumb game, called it football, but they hardly ever use their feet! I can admit that it was a horrible decision by us! ;) Soccer here should be called Football. Anyway, enough complaining on that. Beating a dead horse there.

Why I am an Everton Fan.

I decided to be a fan of Everton when I found out a few things. 1)I have some ancestors that are from Wales. Denbighshire to be exact. One of my ancestors (John Parry, started the famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir) came from Trelawnyd in north-east wales. They came over to America out of LIverpool in the early 1800's about 40 or so years before the team was formed, but I figure if they had stayed, they would have become Everton fans! :) I found that the 2 closest teams were of course Everton and Liverpool to that area, so I decided I had to choose be a fan of one of them. 2) "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum" was on the Crest. I saw that and was struck. While I have never heard that latin phrase before, I have had something very special happen to me when I was young that relates to the translation "Nothing but the best is good enough". I knew then this was probably my team and not Liverpool . . . besides . . . the color Red? Which now brings me to my next reason. 3) Red. While Red looks good on me, my favorite color is Blue. Sorry, Arsenal, Man U, etc. Not sorry Liverpool. :) Blue beats Red. Everton it is. (I know ReAl Salt Lake has red, but they also have Blue! Claret and Cobalt.)

My question . . . I need help!

I'm excited for the following to begin! Someday soon I hope to have enough money to purchase a real jersey and have it sent to me here. It may be a while. :/ However, it is no use if I cannot watch the games. This brings me to my question . . . How can I watch Everton? Can you all help me with this? I do not have Cable, Satellight, or anything. Just the internet, so I need to find a place on the internet that will allow me to stream live games, and I would love to be able to watch past games. Even if I have to pay for it. Suggestions? Evertontv on their website isn't enough because it only shows highlights. I want the WHOLE game! If I'm gonna be a fan here, I need to be a great fan, so Highlights will not satisfy me.

Last questions

As a new fan, what do you feel I should know? I have been reading up on Everton, but I am curious at what you all would have to say.

It was nice meeting you all!

JRon

Welcome JRon; good an explanation as any for becoming an Evertonian! Mine is the the much less interesting, "I don't remember I just always have been...."

Plenty of US members here will hopefully be able to help you with the live games.

As to what you should know? You'll pick it up quite quite quickly.

Welcome JRon. It is good to have you here. We have a saying that Evertonians do not chose they are Chosen. Which pretty much sums up you after reading your post.

There are a lot of things you can read about our wonderful old team, from the days we were known as Saint Domingo up to the present day. We have a very long and proud history. You could look up books on Amazon if you so wished, or you could let the knowledge seep in via the words of ........ wisdom? on here or on some other lesser forums.

(This is really the best though)

The official site is http://www.evertonfc.com/home/

One final thought being an Evertonian mean feeling lots of hope and ultimate pain. Be prepared to be 'ribbed' by those who don't understand and know that they simply don't matter., as YOU will know about being a Bluenose.

Look up Ruperts Tower (on the club badge) which is located in Everton ( an area of the city of Liverpool.)

In football terms we despise Liverpool on the whole but also be aware that many of us have family who are Reds too. It is the close community of the city that has made us fight back against injustice over the years. Don't get me wrong, beating Liverpool is a wonderful feeling. Especially when you can take the proverbial out of a loved one.

I appreciate the warm welcomes guys! Looking forward to the Europa League game against the Young Boys. :) It'll be my first game as an Everton Fan!

I have come to understand that this season was a bit of a downer cause we were hoping with Lukaku to get into the top 4. Am I right? Hopefully that can happen next year.

It was fantastic game. Maybe all you guys needed was me to start supporting Everton! ;) haha! I'm looking forward to win the play the second leg. My understanding is that in the Europe League competition, away goals count more if it is a tie. MLS just adopted that for their playoffs. So, in order for Young Boys to stop us from moving on they need to score 4 or more goals goals at Goodison and hope we score zero, which I doubt will happen. It's a safe bet we can rest some guys, and move on to the next round, right?

Man, that was a great first game as an Evertonian!