IGNORED

New work permit requirements from 2015/16 season

Louis

The FA have just announced that the requirements for a work permit for non-EU players will be more stringent as of next season.

New work permit system

Required % of international matches over previous 24 months is determined by the player’s National Association’s official FIFA ranking:

FIFA 1-10: 30% and above
FIFA 11-20: 45% and above
FIFA 21-30: 60% and above
FIFA 31-50: 75% and above

Reference period reduced to 12 months for those players aged 21 or under at time of application

In short, a 20 year old who plays 3 out of 10 games for a non-EU national team ranked by FIFA in the top 10 will be eligible for a work permit whereas a 22 year old player who has played in 14 out of 20 games in the past two years for a team ranked 40th will not be eligible.

http://www.thefa.com/news/thefa/2015/mar/england-commission-update-work-permits-fa-chairman-greg-dyke

The beginning of the end of the Prem being the best. Central planning, versus the free market, has always failed and usually fails spectacularly.

The U.S. has brainwashed you. Socialized medicine accounts for 10 of the top 10 healthcare systems in the world. The U.S. is 29th with its free market. Free markets suck.

I think this will be like bundesliga now with more homegrown players, also the academies will be bringing in foreign players to train and make homegrown.

We are decently stocked for this, others not so much.

Have to say, a couple of people in this thread said this would be good for us. And we were in a good position for it but my initial thoughts were that it would be bad for us.

Wecan't afford to spend 10 mil plus on every transfer we are the type of club that need to bring Oviedos and Besic in (although Besic probably has played enough) not every acadamy player makes the grade, fact is very VERY few make it to be premier league players most end up in the lower leagues and British or homegrown players are expensive enough, they'll rocket price wise now.

In all I think this is really bad for the likes of Everton.

Have to say, a couple of people in this thread said this would be good for us. And we were in a good position for it but my initial thoughts were that it would be bad for us.

Wecan't afford to spend 10 mil plus on every transfer we are the type of club that need to bring Oviedos and Besic in (although Besic probably has played enough) not every acadamy player makes the grade, fact is very VERY few make it to be premier league players most end up in the lower leagues and British or homegrown players are expensive enough, they'll rocket price wise now.

In all I think this is really bad for the likes of Everton.

Pad the more I think about it you're right. Those players that are eligible will now go up in price inflating already inflated prices. Mid-to-low players who are eligible will now be in demand not cause they are good but just because they are eligible and fill a need. Not to mention we just sold a bunch of academy lads because they couldn't cut it (Kennedy, gk, mcaleny?, etc).

Let's hope these u18 and u21 lads all turn into Harry Kane's. Meanwhile the teams with money will be fine. Just like FFP this is designed to protect the big boys.