IGNORED

Rate our Summer Window 2015

Lowensda

Rate our Summer Transfer Window 2015  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Out of 10 - How would you rate our Transfer Activity?

who would you have liked to have seen come in/out?

Its the third window on the trot that we have failed to address the number 10 position, Martinez has known for a very long time that we are desperate for creativity in the final third and so to not address it yet again is a massive failure. I also think we desperately needed another forward and again that hasn't happened

We have made some ok signings but we haven't really improved the starting XI

Its the third window on the trot that we have failed to address the number 10 position, Martinez has known for a very long time that we are desperate for creativity in the final third and so to not address it yet again is a massive failure. I also think we desperately needed another forward and again that hasn't happened

We have made some ok signings but we haven't really improved the starting XI

In the Telegraph Sport today, Martinez is quoted as follows when asked about missing out on the no.10.

'There were two big reasons for that, we had a few options where we felt the player could fit in from a technical point of view but not from a physical point of view. (???? my question marks) Also, I felt that having Osman and Pienaar fully fit from the start of the season is a good opportunity to see how significant they can be in the squad. The emergence of a more mature Barkley who can fill that role in a different way to 12 months ago is very important. I also feel Kone is becoming an important member of the squad after injury and that gives us a different option which means we don't really need the no. 10 that we were thinking of last season.'

A rather convoluted way of saying we haven't got the money to spend.