IGNORED

Quite Interesting

rubecula

Just thought I would try a new thread for folks to post on telling everyone what they find interesting.

Yes our interests change all the time (apart from Everton) So if you have something you want to share pass it on.

My first post is about this:

5 mins video

Edited by Rubecula

Rubes, true story this. When I was serving in the Army in Singapore (1956) the Vulcan bomber was on a 'courtesy visit' to Australia and New Zealand. On its way back, it arrived in Singapore and did a demonstration flight over the island. I clearly remember looking up as it passed over our camp at quite a low altitude. It made two passes, what an impressive sight it was. I had been out there for about 18 months and was just about ready to get back to the UK. I remember looking up and thinking 'I would give everything I have to be going back to the UK on that plane'. I suppose you should be careful what you wish for because when it arrived back at Heathrow it crashed killing most of the crew and a passenger.

Just thought I would try a new thread for folks to post on telling everyone what they find interesting.

Yes our interests change all the time (apart from Everton) So if you have something you want to share pass it on.

My first post is about this:

5 mins video

It used to fly directly above us (my folks place), literally hundreds of feet above us, it was on its flight path when shown at big shows. Get it going over at least once a year, a couple of years ago my young cousins were in the garden when it did and they freaked out. They could see the pilot quite clearly, he was that low.