IGNORED

Everton V Watford

Zed

we were lucky, but even a lucky win is 3 points.

the penalty was bad decision, the guy clerly headed the ball away so he was penalised for a great piece of defending.

good to see aj and bt teaming up and aj getting his first goal, of many i hope.

watford muscled us out of midfield and looked dangerous at times. on the other hand arteta and cahill hit the posts.

a great start to the season. but weve got some tough games coming up. blackburn and spurs away and then the auld enemy at home.

A sh!te performance methinks but 3 points come our way so not complaining and as predicted Aj got off the mark .

Always tough against promoted sides on the opening day be it at home or away so however we played 3 points is a fookin good start and long may it continue . :D

good result, i'll take it, desptie a poor performance

46121[/snapback]

We wouldnt be saying that if Artetas free kick and Cahills header had gone in would we, i have to say that the sh1te were more fortunate than us!!!! You have to admit that 8 million for Johnson looks money REALLY WELL SPENT :D

Edited by smeghead1

We were really poor tbh. AJ and BT linked up well in the first half but BT faded in the second and needed to be taken off. Anichebe didnt do very much when he came on, Faddy didnt have much to do but won a few balls in the air. Arteta looked totally wasted out on the left because he had to cut inside all the time. Cahill didnt do much tbh, i hardly even noticed him. Yobo looked fucking abysmal, hardly won a ball all game, and I was worried everytime the ball went up our end. Valente was shite, Lescott replaced him at left back and looked totally dodgy and kept forgetting that he wasnt playing centre back. Howard looked really good, im glad we got him. We conceded a poor goal at the end which was very disappointing and Watford ran all over us at times.

All in all it was a victory but if we want anything out of the Blackburn game we are going to have to improve massively.

i think weve got a lot to look forward to with AJ an BT. and when one or the other goes off the boil weve got anichibe, faddy and who knows, maybe even vaughn just waiting to take their chances.

from being our weakest position attack now looks like our strongest.

i think watford played well and tried hard to make their mark in their first premiership match. they had most of the possession but they relied too much on muscle. and this showed. when they gotta goal it was virtually scored by one of ours.

we were very unucky not to get at least one more, we hit the woodwork twice, but thats just the way it goes. we had our share of misfortune, they had theirs! thats life. theres bound to be times when we come off on the wrong end of a result.

overall i think weve got good reason to be optimistic. altho we had less possession we still won and were probably unlucky not to have got at least one more.

for all the possession they had watford never looked that threatening. the defence did a good job, and when they did get a shot in howard didnt look troubled.

in fact i think howard shows real promise. he probably feels that he's got something to prove and lets hope he proves it.

so the first game of the season is under our belt and its a winner. so no real need for whiners!

weve gotta couple of tough aways coming up next, blackburn and spurs, and then at home to our next door neighbours.

now a win there would be really nice.