IGNORED

Watford (Home) Monday December 10th

markjazzbassist

On 11/12/2018 at 04:29, nyblue23 said:

Bad argument to say let’s not emulate the best team in the world. I agree that Man City aren’t a bunch of pansies, but they surely don’t boss the pitch with physicality. They’re a manipulative, incredibly well coached and chippy bunch but that doesn’t neccesarily translate to what it seems like you’re arguing for, and I think you’re moving the goalposts on Mark a little here.

We have plenty of size in the team; we just need a winning and aggressive mentality. We can’t be victims anymore.

Well if you want to emulate a Pep side then we will have to look at sacking Silva because he doesnt play like Pep. There are very few sides in English football and probably over Europe that have been successful, and had pro-longed success, without having a few guys who are physical and / or aggressive (which are both the terms I mentioned). I am being realistic in saying that we are managed by Silva, who himself has had players like Doucoure and Carvalho in midfield, and that we need some of that because our midfield is as light weight as it gets in the league. We need a couple more players around the squad who can bully the opposition, not get brushed off by them. Thats both a physical quality and a mental quality.

I want to see more strength/power added to the squad along with more aggresion. You may say we have plenty of size but how many of them have that mentality? Keane and Mina are big lads but they arent exactly powerful and aggressive. 

Re winning mentality, most of these players have now been there and won things. They dont get to where they are by losing. They need to win somethig together to "seal" that bond which is why flunking the League Cup was such a disappointment.