IGNORED

Watford (Home) Monday December 10th

markjazzbassist

Fucking get in Digne!! Will take a draw after an absolute horror show of a 20 minute spell after half time reminded me of the kind of bollocks we had to put up with 12 months ago. Watford came out with intent and aggression and we had no answer, lack of character and leadership imo. 

Silva has to sort out the front 3. He sticks with the same formula but Walcott is just crap, another Walsh wonder, he doesn't seem to have any faith in Tosun or DCL and Richarlison isn'tt a natural CF. We play too much nice football with no end product. 

4 points dropped in two home games really, don't expect a thing at City next week so Christmas is going to be absolutely critical now. 

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Glad we never lost to that shower. Horrible fucking team. 

I have to disagree.  They played well tonight.

Also, I had to go to Watford v Bournemouth last season for work; they were wonderful hosts and I got to speak on the pitch at half time.  I was going to tell the home fans that I was an Everton fan as it was around then that they'd sacked Marco, but the media team begged me not too.  As they had been such great hosts I didn't, but I still wish that I had.

3 minutes ago, badaids said:

I have to disagree.  They played well tonight.

Also, I had to go to Watford v Bournemouth last season for work; they were wonderful hosts and I got to speak on the pitch at half time.  I was going to tell the home fans that I was an Everton fan as it was around then that they'd sacked Marco, but the media team begged me not too.  As they had been such great hosts I didn't, but I still wish that I had.

Are you famous?

8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

man city aren't a physical team they win left right and center, physicality has nothing to do with it for me.  quality is everything and we lack a striker, RB and and RW.

One of the best sides in the world with the best manager in the world. Not the greatest counter argument to use the biggest outlier in football. Fwiw they are massively aggressive in the transition, they commit loads of narky fouls when it looks like the press (also aggressive) is going to be beaten. Its both physical and mental.

When the games start piling up around this time of year in this league, a strong aggressive unit can pick up points they wouldnt normally. 

Im not saying you want 8ft 16 stone oafs, you just need a couple more bullies in the side over a bit of flashiness.

Rubbish from us today, we snuck away with a point and should be greatful.

Walcott has no right to start for mine.  Lookman wasn't great when he came on, but we were down at that point and pretty well just playing long balls into the box.

Definitely need a striker, can't persist with Richarlison in the middle.  Agree we need an RB and Gueye upgrade.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

One of the best sides in the world with the best manager in the world. Not the greatest counter argument to use the biggest outlier in football. Fwiw they are massively aggressive in the transition, they commit loads of narky fouls when it looks like the press (also aggressive) is going to be beaten. Its both physical and mental.

When the games start piling up around this time of year in this league, a strong aggressive unit can pick up points they wouldnt normally. 

Im not saying you want 8ft 16 stone oafs, you just need a couple more bullies in the side over a bit of flashiness.

ah gotcha, thought you wanted a team of charlie adams.  your point makes sense.

4 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Are you famous?

Not at all, I was forced to go by work (they had been offered the tickets and no-one wanted to go so I was forced to to avoid embarrassment).  The programme seller, toiler cleaner and binman must have already spoken at Vicarage Road so as a last resort they asked me if I'd mind speaking, though fuck knows why, but I thought oh fuck yes I'm having some of that.  Mainly because their announcer was gorgeous.  When I told her I was planning to announce to the ground I was an Everton fan, thanks for putting me in the VIP lounge suckers, they shit the bed and begged me not to.  They had been so kind to me I felt guilty for being such a prick and instead talked some utter bollocks that I don't even remember.

Our problem is that we just went to shit after the break. We gave the ball away so easily. We got nudged off it with ease, we withdrew into ourselves which meant our passing became more negative and then we went into a bit of Allardyce ball where we couldnt get the pass into Richarlison. 

IMO The right hand side cause us te most problems in that regard. It felt like both players turned the ball over whenever it came near them and Siggy also couldnt hold onto anything and the guy that we needed to win the ball back and give us a platform couldnt find his normal groove. Even Gomes got sloppy. Credit where credit is due though because Watford pressed really well, great shape, and we couldnt get through it with the ball. 

I do think that 2-2 is a fair result. To finish with 2 points from those 3 games is more than a bit disappointing but yet again I still dont think we are far off being a very good side as we showed first half.

I think I must be alone in thinking Richie played well up top. First half he was fantastic, dipped when we dipped as a team, but his pressing, his movement, the angles he made and the finish were great.

When you consider that Cenk played 15-20 mins and I only remember him touching the ball in the left back position. Richie is easily our best option up front and finding someone better wont be easy.

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think I must be alone in thinking Richie played well up top. First half he was fantastic, dipped when we dipped as a team, but his pressing, his movement, the angles he made and the finish were great.

When you consider that Cenk played 15-20 mins and I only remember him touching the ball in the left back position. Richie is easily our best option up front and finding someone better wont be easy.

He's our best option but certainly not well rounded at all. 

He's getting the goals at the minute so I can't complain but his hold up play is frustrating. He just wants to turn and use his pace all the time instead of holding it up and lacks the strength or aerial ability to justify playing there long term. 

I believe he would have scored the same amount soley on the LW. Unfortunately signing a striker is the most difficult signing to make. 

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

He's our best option but certainly not well rounded at all. 

He's getting the goals at the minute so I can't complain but his hold up play is frustrating. He just wants to turn and use his pace all the time instead of holding it up and lacks the strength or aerial ability to justify playing there long term. 

I believe he would have scored the same amount soley on the LW. Unfortunately signing a striker is the most difficult signing to make. 

I actually like the fact he is always looking to turn. I am not saying he is perfect, he has been playing the position for a few months, he is young and he does need to learn when to lay it off more but I think that same attitude adds to other areas of his game.

Really disappointed. If we want to reach the next level then we should have had 6 points and not 2 from the last two games. The most disappointing part is our squad is way more talented than Newcastle and Watford. Is it mentality, or am I over-estimating our players? 

I understand this is a transition period, but players as talented as ours should finish their chances. 

That said, I'm more optimistic now then I was under Sam. 

6 hours ago, badaids said:

Not at all, I was forced to go by work (they had been offered the tickets and no-one wanted to go so I was forced to to avoid embarrassment).  The programme seller, toiler cleaner and binman must have already spoken at Vicarage Road so as a last resort they asked me if I'd mind speaking, though fuck knows why, but I thought oh fuck yes I'm having some of that.  Mainly because their announcer was gorgeous.  When I told her I was planning to announce to the ground I was an Everton fan, thanks for putting me in the VIP lounge suckers, they shit the bed and begged me not to.  They had been so kind to me I felt guilty for being such a prick and instead talked some utter bollocks that I don't even remember.

So you're the guy who turns on the sprinklers?

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

Bad argument to say let’s not emulate the best team in the world. I agree that Man City aren’t a bunch of pansies, but they surely don’t boss the pitch with physicality. They’re a manipulative, incredibly well coached and chippy bunch but that doesn’t neccesarily translate to what it seems like you’re arguing for, and I think you’re moving the goalposts on Mark a little here.

We have plenty of size in the team; we just need a winning and aggressive mentality. We can’t be victims anymore.

Another one I had to watch on delay. So frustrating.

First twenty we were very solid. Then we scored. From that point until they scored the second we were garbage. Richarlison just can't hold the ball up well enough by himself and they kept coming back at us.

Rarely say this but officials were awful today. Our first clearly offside, Succes diving every time the ball came near him. Richarlison couldn't buy a foul off Kevin Friend.

Gylfi missing that penalty was shocking, as was all our attacking play until after that penalty. Watford were just stronger physically and wanted it more until it was almost too late. Bernard had a couple nice touches but I don't think he's always the best choice from the start especially against more physical teams.

We are garbage at set pieces. Stop just sticking it in the box. Work something, change the angle.

For me we just need to go with Tosun or DCL up front until January.