IGNORED

West Brom 19th Nov 2005

lets get it straight.

hibbert fouled ellington outside of the box.

their keeper handled the ball WELL outside the box... red card, especially if its martyn committing a similar offence.

from that point, the goal went in, Everton were chasing. im not saying we werent poor, davies shouldnt be marking clement! but all said, we were shite today. kilbane shouldnt put a blue shirt on again, davies, arteta and meyde were ineffectual.

WHY? i know why, we dont have a heavy weight puncher in midfield. cahill does the rough stuff when he plays, but even so, he finds it difficult against big guys like bouba diop, gilberto silva, alan smith, steven gerrard, gary speed, scott parker, claud makalele, kiki musampa. These are players that can shut the opponent midfield down, put a reducing tackle in and take the edge of a midfielders game.

Today, evertons midfield looked light weight. No excuses, NOT ENOUGH FIGHT, NOT ENOUGH MUSCLE, NOT ENOUGH BOTTLE.

We desperately need a fighter that can do the rough work for us. TG used to be pretty good at it, as did dacourt and hutch.

thats the midfield out of the way, beattie today looked like he has had 2 weeks on the ale, crap in the air, crap first touch, and crap passing. bent wasnt interested, charlton for you kid. duncan looked positive, and played with guts and determination. mcfadden is too lightweight, and inexperienced.

defensively, i thought yobo did all he could, hibbert needs to improve his passing, neville is showing us why he isnt englands second or third left back, and maybe we might see kroldrup against toon.

today was poor, the ref takes some of the blame, especially because he is either blind or corrupt, but today we were poor, and insult to injury is the fact that brom are very very poor themselves.

lets get it straight.

hibbert fouled ellington outside of the box.

their keeper handled the ball WELL outside the box... red card, especially if its martyn committing a similar offence.

Today, evertons midfield looked light weight. No excuses, NOT ENOUGH FIGHT, NOT ENOUGH MUSCLE, NOT ENOUGH BOTTLE.

we were sandbagged by the referee. diabolic decisions and there is really no excuse for that kind of thing. i dont know what can be done about this problem, maybe technology can help the refs make the correct decisions.

weve gotta a lot of midfield players but your right we need a strong player who can hold the ball while the 'attack' gets positioned.

maybe carsley can do that job? and marcus missed a couple of opportunities. he's a hard worker and i admire him for that but he isnt a finisher unfortunately. :huh:

to even suggest that refereeing decisions made an iota of difference to what we deserved from that game is embarrassing.......before the 2 decisions you're complaining about, they should already have had a penalty for neville's handball, so that cancels out the poor decision later on.....

we were cr*p, but I don't really see that we were much worse than what we've been the rest of the season ---- even against chelsea & birmingham we created only a few decent chances, and the rest of the time was a case of scrapping for the points.....

bottom line, is that if we snatch the first goal in a game, we have a good chance of battling away to hang on to the lead.....if we go behind we have little chance of doing so --- we are so predictable, the minute the opposition score the cameras all start focusing on ferguson and when he'll be brought on.........

I have no idea what the problem is, but there is NO creativity and for someone reason we just cannot creat clear-cut chances.........

thought bent battled hard in the first half (yes his finishing was poor) but to me still seems much better than beattie........BUT the strikers have so little decent service it still seems tough to blame them........

Guest fozzie22
i didnt see the match but i heard about the decisions but as raccyboy sed its on excuse...4-0 to west brom is embarrasing

couldnt agree more sure the ref was wank,but to lose to the worst team in PL is shocking..simple as that.

No excuses needed the players where not up to the job

Im not making excuses for the performance, i have been fairly scathing in my conclusions.

The fact is from a goal down, we are searching to get back into the game, how the ref from 10 yards cant make the correct decision is just unbelievable.

Beattie today was poor, i have tried not to criticise him, but today took the piss, he is supposed to be getting back to fitness and sharpness, i would be ashamed to see his performance against west brom today put in by a 40 something sunday leaguer.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH TODAY SUNSHINE !

There is no doubt we were poor today, kilbane isnt the answer on the left, and neville isnt sound at left back, why not put kilbane left back, with davies neville in the middle, at least that way inamoto doesnt boss the midfield. i mean, inamoto... prem midfields have been running through west brom in midfield, yet today we were spineless.

PISS POOR!

Players with grit and steel are the winners in all sports, keane, vieira, makalele to name some of footballs most recent fighters.

sunderland are fighting, west brom are fighting, west ham are fighting. why in the hell arent Everton.

Its going to be a big game against toon. we can only hope owen and shearer will remain out and that they remain very poor in defence.

Oh, the only player today to show any bottle weas dunc, we threw him on and suddenly brom looked worried, we started winning balls in the air, and looked to push up and pressurise.

Fight counts. Losers get relegated.

Guest fozzie22

The penalty was a shocker thats for sure,but the other goals where bad to concede as well,surely now its time to put wqeir out to pasture and give someone,anyone a go..

I have to admit WBA's finishing was good. Granted they had 1 penalty, but they had 1 good goal from open play, 1 from a corner, and 1 from a give-away back pass. Finishing was the key. When we had similar breaks, we didn't have anyone who could put the ball in the back of the net.

I agree with the post match commentary... why don't we go back to the 4-5-1 that served us well last season?

poor performance poor ref and poor tactics we won r last 2 games with vdm on the left and arteta on the right so why change it and put arteta in the middle and vdm on the right bad decision by moyes and neville is better in midfield and more effective then when he plays at left back and to lose to west brom is a disgrace

poor performance poor ref and poor tactics neville is better in midfield and more effective then when he plays at left back and to lose to west brom is a disgrace

agreed. we have to get more consistency into our game. and that means that the players have to be played in their strongest positions.

you can't keep chopping and changing. its not fair for them and its not working for us.

did bt get the supply he needs and did he get into positions to score goals from? :huh:

Bad performance

The fact is though, GOALS CHANGE GAMES. And when you get a penalty a minute before half time that isnt a pen it changes the game. But, that said, I dont think we had a shot on target, we took a big step back, cant really say anybody played well, need to get neville back in midfield, hope ferrari will be good for next week, and surely we will see koldrup after weirs pace was exposed ( not his fault though)

I actually feel the problems dont really lie in the strikers, i feel they are not getting no service from the midfield therefore they cant really score much, When they do get a chance they miss because of the lack of chances in the first place.

sorry to say, but this RS has it spot on!!! blaming bent and fatty is not really addressing the fact that almost no chances are being created....

Guest fozzie22
sorry to say, but this RS has it spot on!!!  blaming bent and fatty is not really addressing the fact that almost no chances are being created....

Oh i've made 11 voodoo dolls..(one fat,with man tits :( )..the whole team stinks at the moment.

Lets look at the team and assess

Martyn - solid

Hibbert - can defend can't pass

Weir - solid but easily outpaced

Yobo - playing well - prone to concentration lapses

Neville - does a job

Arteta - class act - lightweight though

Cahill - needs more strings to his bow - wanna see last years form

Davies - inconsistent, wanna see more directness

Kilbane - 100%er but not enough ability

Beattie - not his fault that a partner has never been bought for his game

Ferguson - the one true class player we can rely on

Bent - bad attitude is becoming more evident - sulks

Mcfadden - had time to prove himself- not sure

Van der meyde - looks good - unfit at the mo and we need him firing

all in all these are near all Moyes players - not good enough, i'm not sulking - I have given this team time and they are not standing the test of it. I'm not fickle, I have looked at the team and there is no pace, no bite, no leader in the middle no goalscorer. We are a worse team than we were 3 years ago. We will be in trouble, we did so well last year due to the invention of the 4-5-1 when no one else got onto it and we were not conceding, this year teams have been improved in the league and we haven't. I think Moyes may bail and go to Rangers, he has given it a go but never got us quite there

i agree with you hafnia on those assessments of the players.

only thing i can add to everyone's comments here is that for me, Moyes has to shoulder a portion of the blame - and i VERY RARELY would blame Moyes for anything - the man's a legend.

BUT....the way Van Der Meyde is being switched from left to right (ok, he's versatile, but just let him settle in one position!) and the way Davies was so restricted by sticking him, for the most part, in the middle of the park - meant we lacked creativity and were reliant on something special from Arteta (who sadly IS too lightweight)....

Bent isn't good enough, sorry - he works hard, but he's not good enough, sell him in January

VDM has to be played either as a left (please, and get rid of Kilbane in the process)

or right winger - but Moyes has to make a decision and stop moving him about - at least until he's 100% fit

Carsley must be brought back in - he might be able to shepherd the midfield play a bit better - the way we thought Neville would do - but now he's been moved to left-back, we've decided we don't need anyone in his position!!

and finally - we had pretty much NO real chances, mainly because we don't base our play around our wingers. realistically if VDM's on the left, Davies is on the right - we have two cracking wingers. so USE THEM! why do we always hoof it to beattie and bent, who with all the goodwill in the world, just aren't good enough....

must do better.

i fear Moyes jumping ship if we don't see better performances against the Toon and Blackburn...

Edited by ooberman

doesn't matter how you put it - we were nothing short of amateurish against one of the worst sides in the premiership - WBA must have been kicking themselves after that...

and worst still...moyes wasn't expecting it - moyes thought that we were back on track - suggesting that there could be serious problems amongst the lads!

we would have been beaten by burscough on saturday - it was embarrasing.