IGNORED

Hello from Illinois!

sphinn

Hi all, new member! Been a toffee since ~1984 (age 10) after a fallout with my cousin, who supported Liverpool at the time. Otherwise not the worst guy.

Located in western Illinois along the mighty Mississippi but moved here from Arkansas (Go Hogs) and before that from Haugesund, on the wild and pretty west coast of Norway. Lots of scousers should be familiar with the place if they've worked on ships or rigs at the yard there. Probably met a few of those who did.  Good times it was.

Cheers everyone!

11 hours ago, AnotherYank said:

Welcome!  I grew up in Western Illinois - in and around the Quad City area.  Spent a few years in Jacksonville, too (at college, not at the correctional center).  Small world.

Thanks! I'm in Quincy so not too far from either of those places. Small world indeed.

11 hours ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

Yep. Just a short trip (relatively speaking) down I-72. 

Yep, short for the US anyway. Went over there with some of the family back in August. We checked out the Lincoln house and all that but ended up spending most of our time at Obed & Isaacs and the 7th Street Cidery :)

11 hours ago, sphinn said:

Yep, short for the US anyway. Went over there with some of the family back in August. We checked out the Lincoln house and all that but ended up spending most of our time at Obed & Isaacs and the 7th Street Cidery :)

Nice. Yeah those places are great. I'm pretty sure the Cidery just opened here within the past couple years. And I've had friends rave about the microbrewery that Obed & Isaac's has. There are some other quality food and drink places I can recommend around here, depending on what you're looking for. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/09/2023 at 20:56, StatesideToffee14 said:

Nice. Yeah those places are great. I'm pretty sure the Cidery just opened here within the past couple years. And I've had friends rave about the microbrewery that Obed & Isaac's has. There are some other quality food and drink places I can recommend around here, depending on what you're looking for. 

Both were pretty good. And packed. Especially after the rain and hail it us, forcing everyone inside.

Oh yeah, I'd love to get more recommendations and I like pretty much everything as long as it's good. The wife is a bit more picky but you know, someone has to be.