IGNORED

Wish Me Luck

MikeO

Just tucked the wife up in bed with a nicotine patch applied to her arm. She's trying (again) to give up the evil weed. We gave up together about five years ago but she started again after a couple of years...tried to stop a few times since. It's gonna be a tough few days :unsure: (but on the bright side, if she succeeds we've got twenty-two pouches of Golden Virginia (bought on the Spanish border last summer) to sell :D .

If you like a smoke........smoke

If you like a drink..........drink

If you like women..........get as many as you can.

You only get one life so live it to the full, cos when your on your death bed its no good looking back and saying, aar i wish i'd have ............................................

Its too late.

Got told this morning to "Iron your own fucking jeans then!" Wouldn't mind but I've never asked her to iron anything for me in my life :unsure: . Ah well so far so good :D .

If you like a smoke........smoke

If you like a drink..........drink

If you like women..........get as many as you can.

You only get one life so live it to the full, cos when your on your death bed its no good looking back and saying, aar i wish i'd have ............................................

Its too late.

Good philosophy as far as it goes Licker but you could also say that as you only get one go then you may as well try to keep it going for as long as poss. Not at any cost for sure but you need a balance. I only just squeezed into my thirties and I certainly wasn't lying in intensive care thinking, "Wish I had..." more like, "Wish I hadn't..." :D .

Fuck me 2-0 down...pass me a Marlboro and a Special brew someone :angry: !

When my best mate attempted to give up he was a pain, I gave him his patch even put it on each day then after like 3 days discovered he was still smoking 30 a day even with the patch on!!!!!! I nearly killed him hes lucky it wasnt my time of the month or he wouldnt have seen the light of day again!!

hes lucky it wasnt my time of the month or he wouldnt have seen the light of day again!!

Hahahahah you women are a predction nightmare when it comes to '' that time '' :lol:

I tried to give up the joints but every time i am on the lash my mates offer me one and i cant say no , got out of the habbit of buying it myself but cant resist when its on offer . :)

Wonder when the Nicobate Crawl In Cocoon tent Patch will come out.

Once used that Zyban....As Zed would say....Fooooookin Nora. I like me mixes but this had me a Crazy man...no sleep fer 5 days & was near the edge,

Figured popping Tamezapam & Valium to counter not smoking in order to sleep was not the most productive life choice.

Funny enouh after a hellish week & final grumble @ Doctor , he too decided it's prob best for everyone if I continue 2 smoke...LOL.

Pass me the fags.

Did you know that Zyban was initially trialled as an anti-depressant. Checking in with the subjects they all said that they were still depressed but quite a few lost the urge to smoke, so it happened totally by accident. My doctor told me that...good eh?

BTW the wife caved in after thirty-nine hours (thank fuck :unsure: ). It was all too hasty to work I think...gonna try cutting down a bit first. So O towers is peaceful again :D !

Yeh Mike, got the whole speil from doc before hand & that diagnosis is Exacto mate. I didnt need to smoke, yeh lost urge, in fact to me tasted hard to draw etc.

However, one of the the side effects is insomnia & for an insomniac was always a recipe 4 disaster.

After several days I was a crazy living dead thing, with pinned eyes & a slight shake n shudder that scared even me self.

LOL...Again as have said, given up giving up now. I only ever got the urge after uno a kid was born or sumfin akin..You no those mortal moments in life when everything is @ one with the nature & the world.

Thank fuk it doesnt last....!!!

funnily enough Ive given up as from today, been easy so far, but then Im hungover at the moment and wouldnt really want one even if i could have. the next week is going to be hard, espec with all the xmas parties coming up.

at least i wont stink anymore, and dont have to go freeze my bollox off outside with all the other addicts at work. lol.

I, thankfully, have never felt the urge to smoke.

My other half used to smoke only 6 or 7, only during the evening. When we found out that she is pregnant, she gave up there and then. 18 weeks on, she has not even had the urge to smoke another cigarette she claims.

I think that giving up is a lot easier when you have a purpose for giving up.

Best of luck anyway Mikeo...

Thanks Pat, hope u choke on it :)

Day 2 of not smoking today, has been suprisingly OK so far, no major problems, helps to know if I feel irritable then its cos of that and then u can stop yourself instead of having a go. my g/f is giving up to so theres a potential argument every time I speak to her so Im trying to avoid that.

Hows your wife doing Mike?

Edited by bluerob78

If its your health your worried about, i dont think its made that much difference to me, i can still knock a ball about with my grandsons, i can still climb mountains and go on walking holidays in the lake district, And ive been smoking for fifty years, ive seen people who are half my age cant walk to the paper shop, or have died of Cancer and never smoked in thier lives.

And if you are worried about how you smell, then carry a toothbrush and toothpaste around with you, women seem to like that, OR some mints to freshen your breadth. Can also can tell you that most women like their men to smell like men, NOT WOOFTERS. Some of the men tend to over-indulge in the spray cans, and often smell nicer than the women.

ITS ALL ABOUT HOW YOU LOOK AFTER YOURSELF, A GOOD DIET AND PLENTY OF EXCERCISE IS ALL YOU NEED................................ENJOY LIFE.

Edited by Licker

I do/will enjoy life, just hoping to do so without the ciggis. Have u ever sat next to someone on the bus and they have just had a ciggi, its horrible and thats coming from a smoker. People must think that of me all the time. I know my mum hates it, everytime i see her i smell of smoke, she doesnt even say anything anymore.

Im giving up for me, dont get me wrong but, I want to be a non smoker. I think I will feel fitter, I play 6aside every Tuesday and I run more than most, if not all my team in a game and Im the only smoker, but I bet my chest would feel much better at the end of the game if I didnt.

I get what u are saying Licker and I agree, life is be enjoyed and if u wana smoke, smoke, but cigs dont do anything for u. Booze, drugs, gambling all give you a high, smoking just knackers your lungs and your pocket

""Booze, drugs, gambling all give you a high, smoking just knackers your lungs and your pocket""

BOOZE...cost £2.50 pint, Lasting qualities....zero, unles taken in higher Quantities.....EXPENSIVE and addiction can lead to a miserable existence

DRUGS.. cost £xxx a fix, Lasting qualities....I to 2 hours unless taken in higher quantities. VERY EXPENSIVE. and addiction can lead to a VERY miserable existence

CIGGIES.cost £5 for 20...Lasting Qualities ...24 hours with bursts of pleasure at regular intervals. much cheaper than those other two, and Addiction is no more than what youve got already, but to break this addiction can give you a miserable Existence, which is a complete turnaround from the other two, and an awfull lot cheaper.

Anyway BLUEROB 78..... ignore all ive said mate, its just the ramblings of an old Man.

If you want To stop smoking you go for it, i wish you luck and hope your successful. ;)

I love smoking. Not had a fag for five and a half years and I still miss it. We gave up on Josh's fifth birthday because the doc thought he had asthma...turns out he hasn't. In a cruel twist of fate though it turns out that I have :angry: . Also got some pretty nasty scarring on one of my lungs from a pulmonary oedema( :huh: ) a few years back so to start smoking again now would be daft...sadly :( .