IGNORED

Rs V Barcelona

Have to give credit where credit is due, Reds had a lot more of the game last night, and looked a better team even though they lost. The tie was won in BARCA and not many do that, so i have to hold my hands up and say good performance.

Ah the [ERROR 159: Lack of Vocabulary] can be smelled all the way here.

Not sure what this was intended to be??

Gotta say, I don't want a Man U v RS final, my nerves couldn't stand it. However if it is and the Mancs do win it, it will takes the shine off previous successes for sure. Same the other way round like if RS beat MU.

Just some banter.

Nothing personal.

It would be interesting to here you opinion on how removing any kind of banter frm Everton & Liverpool fans and replacing it with one word repeated to every reply is "banter". There were days when Everton Liverpool football banter / debates / arguments consisted of lengthy and some times heated dialect about real aspects of football & the strengths & qualities of each respective team.

These days Liverpool fans seem to have cottoned on to the fact that when they talk football with Evertonians they are interllectually inferior and generally fail to achieve the upper hand without playing the numbers game and repeating the amount of silverware collected over the years. This has led to the parrott like speach patterns where one or groups of Liverpool supporters repeat the word "bitter" & / or phrase "5 thimes" as an answer to everything.

I do not believe by removing the word "bitterness" from your original response is stopping banter rather encouraging it by highlighting your lack of vocabulary and general repetative drivel spouted by red shite "fans"!

Have a nice day :graduated:

It would be interesting to here you opinion on how removing any kind of banter frm Everton & Liverpool fans and replacing it with one word repeated to every reply is "banter". There were days when Everton Liverpool football banter / debates / arguments consisted of lengthy and some times heated dialect about real aspects of football & the strengths & qualities of each respective team.

These days Liverpool fans seem to have cottoned on to the fact that when they talk football with Evertonians they are interllectually inferior and generally fail to achieve the upper hand without playing the numbers game and repeating the amount of silverware collected over the years. This has led to the parrott like speach patterns where one or groups of Liverpool supporters repeat the word "bitter" & / or phrase "5 thimes" as an answer to everything.

I do not believe by removing the word "bitterness" from your original response is stopping banter rather encouraging it by highlighting your lack of vocabulary and general repetative drivel spouted by red shite "fans"!

If you do realise, i actually WAS putting forward my side of the argument when the thread was started by Mac. I WAS Arguing how getting Barca in the cup wasnt as bad as many seem to think it was.

After two gruelling legs, i AM entitled to have my moment in glory as i was proved correct. For some reason, i get a snidey comment, what do you expect me to do? Apologise or something? 'Bitter' , '5Times' and 'small club' always seem to catch a nerve when put forward.

If someone had wanted to talk about the game i clearly would have been interested in doing the same, still am.

But i see no fucking reason to back down when approached by snidey comments. If you talk sense, ill try to do the same either. If i get shit, i throw it back on you.

If you do realise, i actually WAS putting forward my side of the argument when the thread was started by Mac. I WAS Arguing how getting Barca in the cup wasnt as bad as many seem to think it was.

After two gruelling legs, i AM entitled to have my moment in glory as i was proved correct. For some reason, i get a snidey comment, what do you expect me to do? Apologise or something? 'Bitter' , '5Times' and 'small club' always seem to catch a nerve when put forward.

If someone had wanted to talk about the game i clearly would have been interested in doing the same, still am.

But i see no fucking reason to back down when approached by snidey comments. If you talk sense, ill try to do the same either. If i get shit, i throw it back on you.

You were not proven correct at all, your team came out victorious but you still shat your pants when the draw came out and just because you win doesnt erase that you and every other red shite going were a tad nervous at the draw!

As for being entitled to your moment of glory you are not on a Liverpool site you are on an Everton site so realistically you are not entitled to anything. We all extend you the courtesy you deserve while acting like a normal human being but tred carefully when you decide you are "entitled" to spout off!

Seeing as I did start this thread, I will admit to a certain amount of glee when these two were drawn together, The RS pissed on my chips big time.

Will agree with Xav though, he is a red on a blue site who has contributed positively in the past, and I welcome his input.

Banter is one thing gloating is another, I know Xav is not a gloater.

ATB

Mac

I promise you not everyone was 'shitting themselves' when we drew Barce, everyone I spoke to was made up. This competition is about playing the best Europe has to offer, not fluking the easy draw every round. There was never going to be a better time to draw them in this years competition, when the winning post is still over the hill the best teams often take their eye off the ball, and as has been mentioned we play much better when cast as the underdogs in Europe. Of course theres some nerves, we know we can go all the way but every tie is a possibility of being knocked out, regardless of who you play. Look at Arsenal, Celtic aside, PSV were the weakest team left in it. Which is why I don't want them next round, another Benfica methinks.

Beyern would be a decent draw for us, or Valencia. Don't want an english team just yet, it's too scarey and nerve wracking.

Goldfish Memory. What you posted on tuesday night (been deleted now I see) was a bit beyond banter, don't you agree? Wishing the deaths of fans and players, and throwing in the old 'murderers' chestnut hardly gives you the moral high ground, does it? It works both ways. I enjoy banter with Everton fans, got loads of them as mates and have plenty of late night *ahem* discussions with them but there are some subject that should be left alone. We're not mancs.

Good Point Johny, in my younger days if the away game with EFC was too far away, or Time off work didnt allow me to get there, i would often go to anfield and watch their game. Those days it was all about watching Football no matter who was playing and we would all go along and stand on the Kop, Blues and Reds together.

I have a brother who is Red, my Father was a Red, and i worked with Reds and i cant understand how you can live and work in complete harmony all week, and then come to hate them all on a saturday, that was never our way, but somewhere along the line attitudes have changed.

I think our attitude in those days was if we cant win it we will be delighted if the other club from the City wins it, and that was the feeling of the reds too, no hatred no ill feelings just a well done you "Lucky Bastards". and that was as nasty as it ever got.

I have no idea where the hatred and annimosity has come from, its not something the younger generation has picked up from their parents.

And just to add its not all one way, the reds have exactly the same hatred for blues, god knows where it all comes from, i dont.

Thats my slant on it for what its worth. ;)

HA HA FUCKING HA :)

Told you i was not shitting myself at the draw.

You made it home quick from the match lad(?). You must be one of the local ones! :rolleyes:

That was the worst stick Xavier took after gloating on an Everton forum I would say extreamly mild and a tad tongue in cheek, to reply with the now tredemark "bitter" comment was only going to result in someone taking offence!

IMHO if he wants to play out with the blues he needs to stop using terms which are designed to belittle Evertonians on our site.

JOHNY: Bringing up a statement that has been retracted?? WTF your point being I was out of order posting somthing I have admitted I was out of order posting??? :wacko:

Good Point Johny, in my younger days if the away game with EFC was too far away, or Time off work didnt allow me to get there, i would often go to anfield and watch their game. Those days it was all about watching Football no matter who was playing and we would all go along and stand on the Kop, Blues and Reds together.

I have a brother who is Red, my Father was a Red, and i worked with Reds and i cant understand how you can live and work in complete harmony all week, and then come to hate them all on a saturday, that was never our way, but somewhere along the line attitudes have changed.

I think our attitude in those days was if we cant win it we will be delighted if the other club from the City wins it, and that was the feeling of the reds too, no hatred no ill feelings just a well done you "Lucky Bastards". and that was as nasty as it ever got.

I have no idea where the hatred and annimosity has come from, its not something the younger generation has picked up from their parents.

And just to add its not all one way, the reds have exactly the same hatred for blues, god knows where it all comes from, i dont.

Thats my slant on it for what its worth. ;)

A lot of the hatred has come after Heysel occured. British clubs got banned from Europe and everyone jumped on the 'everything occured because of Liverpool' bandwagon. You fellows had a fantastic team then, and had a good chance of some european glory. I can see where the hatred comes from.

I post on an Evertonian forum because it gives me an insight on how the 'other' team works. I personally know of only one liverpool fan here(mumbai), no evertonians. Most of them either follow Manchester United or Chelski. Posting on messageboards gives me a good oppurtunity to learn about the game, because in all honesty football pundits on tv are wannabe guru's. They spout shite half the time. I also post in an Arsenal board and am a moderator there.

Fish: My comment was no more tongue in cheek than what his was. Its not tough to get offensive in an internet messageboard, and if i wanted, i could easily have got into a slanging match. Still dont think it has disintegrated into one. I have a lot of respect for a few posters here and i think it works the other way round as well. Why speak crap when its not needed?

Edited by xavier

Why speak crap when its not needed?

I refer to my earlier post!

JOHNY: Bringing up a statement that has been retracted?? WTF your point being I was out of order posting somthing I have admitted I was out of order posting??? :wacko:

The point was that it was out of order. Fair play to you for deleting it, but how was I to know that you had admitted it was out of order? As far as I was concearned any of the moderators could have deleted it. Why should I believe someone who's stolen my soul anyway? <_< ;)

As to the general ill feeling around the clubs I can't help feeling its mostly down to the younger or newer fans. After hillsborough I went to anfield to pay my respects and take a Tranmere scarf for my nan who was too ill to go. I'll never forget the Kop that day, Red and Blue (actually through the tears it was purple), and all the messages written on the walls and what have you around the ground. The way people pulled together was incredible. I can't believe that anyone who was around at that time and who experienced it would have any genuine hatred for the other team. I think a lot of the younger fans and some of the new Sky TV generation of fans jump on the 'rivalry' bandwagon without fully understanding the true nature of the rivalry. The internet doesn't help really either, some of the shit you read on the public forums is unbelievable, it just breeds hatred. Its a shame really, we don't want the derby to become like any other derby round Europe but every year it seems to get a bit worse.

A lot of the hatred has come after Heysel occured. British clubs got banned from Europe and everyone jumped on the 'everything occured because of Liverpool' bandwagon. You fellows had a fantastic team then, and had a good chance of some european glory. I can see where the hatred comes from.

I post on an Evertonian forum because it gives me an insight on how the 'other' team works. I personally know of only one liverpool fan here(mumbai), no evertonians. Most of them either follow Manchester United or Chelski. Posting on messageboards gives me a good oppurtunity to learn about the game, because in all honesty football pundits on tv are wannabe guru's. They spout shite half the time. I also post in an Arsenal board and am a moderator there.

Fish: My comment was no more tongue in cheek than what his was. Its not tough to get offensive in an internet messageboard, and if i wanted, i could easily have got into a slanging match. Still dont think it has disintegrated into one. I have a lot of respect for a few posters here and i think it works the other way round as well. Why speak crap when its not needed?

Jeez!! just returned to the site after a few days absence and can't believe the furore my comment seems to have started. Apologies all round if I caused any offence to anyone especially those in red.

Unbelievable.

Jeez!! just returned to the site after a few days absence and can't believe the furore my comment seems to have started. Apologies all round if I caused any offence to anyone especially those in red.

Unbelievable.

Causing offence is one thing mate, a good discussion is another, keep up the good work.

ATB

Mac

The reason the "hatred" exists is really simple (why people tiptoe around it and claim to not know why it is is bizarre).

Liverpool are massively more successful than everton and this has caused awful bitterness.

Liverpool have grown and developed into one of the most widely supported clubs in the world, everton have not, this has also caused resentment.

Liverpool are a big club and everton are not anymore...............everybody is now aware of this.

Liverpool look to have a far more promising future.

So there you have it, the reasons for the "hatred" and bitterness are envy and jealousy. Simple as that. Deep down we (reds and blues) all know this is the case.

No mate, i have to disagree with you there, once Shankly got you into the top flight you have always been successful, and even when you where ahead of us in the league we used to go and watch with our mates, as they did the following week at Goodison, and when we played each other at wembley, (not sure if it was League cup or Charity shield ) the singing was'nt about any individual or team it was all about MERSEYSIDE, we where proud of both teams achievemebts.

I'm guessing you must be one of the Younger generation who has only been supporting ( not watching ) for 5 minutes, i'm only guessing because the amount of info you put in your profile is Zilch, so i dont have much to go on.

Anyway just to say the hatred is not about jealosy, its just the the way the people of today are, even in the streets you cant walk past anybody these days without them eying each other up and snarling at each other, Doesnt matter if you suport one team or the other or none at all, why ?? the hatred has nothing to do with football its just the way most people are these days...... Hating everybody and everything, a sad way to be.

Personal Info

ABIGCLUB

a small mind

Age Unknown

Gender Not Set

Location Unknown

Birthday Unknown

Interests

No Information

Other Information

No Information

Statistics

42 posts (1 per day)

Contact Information

No Information

No Information

No Information

No Information

Private

NOT A LOT TO GO ON THERE, SO ONE HAS TO DRAW ONES OWN CONCLUSIONS.

The reason the "hatred" exists is really simple (why people tiptoe around it and claim to not know why it is is bizarre).

Liverpool are massively more successful than everton and this has caused awful bitterness.

Liverpool have grown and developed into one of the most widely supported clubs in the world, everton have not, this has also caused resentment.

Liverpool are a big club and everton are not anymore...............everybody is now aware of this.

Liverpool look to have a far more promising future.

So there you have it, the reasons for the "hatred" and bitterness are envy and jealousy. Simple as that. Deep down we (reds and blues) all know this is the case.

Agree with Licker, a lot of it is to do with the way society has changed not just football.

Are you honestly suggesting that you are more successful now than you were in the late 70's early 80's?? I suggest you go get you history books out or ask somebody who supported the RS before 2004.

Agree with Licker, a lot of it is to do with the way society has changed not just football.

Are you honestly suggesting that you are more successful now than you were in the late 70's early 80's?? I suggest you go get you history books out or ask somebody who supported the RS before 2004.

Yes I am saying that we are more successful now than we were in the mid eighties.

to give you the benefit of the doubt, since (and including the 85/86 season,

Liverpool:

1 CL

1 Uefa Cup

3 League titles

5 FA Cups

3 League Cups

2 European Super Cups

5 Charity Shields

A total of 19 trophies.

Everton:

1 League

1 FA Cup

3 Charity Shields

A total of 5 trophies

That speaks for itself, and goes a long way to explaining the "hatred" which exists.

Looks like a history book would not be a bad idea in your case either.

Yes I am saying that we are more successful now than we were in the mid eighties.

Liverpool:

1 CL

1 Uefa Cup

3 League titles

5 FA Cups

3 League Cups

2 European Super Cups

5 Charity Shields

A total of 19 trophies.

Everton:

1 League

1 FA Cup

3 Charity Shields

A total of 5 trophies

That speaks for itself, and goes a long way to explaining the "hatred" which exists.

Thats what I blame it on. Armchairs supporters who are so arrogant it puts a really bad name on the club they support. Yes you may win a lot of trophies, we do see those games so we don't need people shoving it in our face wanting a reaction and when they get one call them bitter.

Theres just too many fans who don't want to listen to other peoples opinions but believe their own is right. And all clubs have those fans...

This guy belongs to the Modern society we are talking about, hates everything and everyone.

If as you say you are a bigger club than ours, you have won a lot more trophies than us, and if we are not a threat to you, then tell me, Where does your hatred come from and whats the reason behind it. ??

Liverpool:

1 CL

1 Uefa Cup

3 League titles

5 FA Cups

3 League Cups

2 European Super Cups

5 Charity Shields

A total of 19 trophies.

Everton:

1 League

1 FA Cup

3 Charity Shields

A total of 5 trophies

You have completely (and typically)missed the point!

You suggested the 'bitterness' has increased in the last 20 or so years due to the RS success. I was stating that you were far more successful in the 70's early 80's (why you changed it to mid 80's I don't know) yet there wasn't as much 'bitterness' about. Try reading my post again!!

As for the history books, I don't need them mate, I was born here and have supported Everton for over 25 years through good times and bad. I, like most Evertonians, didn't follow the gravy train like some 'supporters'

Once again a badly informed RS utters a few ill-thought through comments and true to form we gnash our teeth and howl at the moon.

To all RS on this forum (bar very few), you come onto our site and spout RS propoganda which, God only knows where you got it from, is tantamount to going into someones house and taking a dump on the living room carpet, then complain when we bite.

The solution is very simple - fall into line or fuck off, enjoy reasonable banter or fuck off, live by our rules or fuck off and above all respect where you are or we will ban the lot of you and then you have no choice because we will fuck you off.

This is a cracking forum, where all are welcome as long as they do not upset the (Toffee) Apple Cart. The ball is in your court.

ATB

Mac

here here mac.

im one of the younger generation and my 'hatred' for the RS isnt coz of trophies or our lack of success over the last few years. its the majority of people who go on at me saying i support a shit team (more recently a small team). and some people who hate me and despise me for the sole crime of being an evertonian.

the elders are right its about society changing in football not success. i wish i was a teen in the 80's not coz of our great team winning things. but the fact that reds and blues sat next to each other and walked with each other to the ground and into the pubs after the game.