IGNORED

Could This Work At Goodison?

Louis

http://www.schalke04.de/knappencard.html

Similar to a payg sim card in that you pay things before hand so you don't need to mess about looking for change when you finally get to the front of the queue. I think it's a good idea because:

*The queues would be shorter and quicker

*The club can sit on the interest of the money that is pre-paid into the account

I reckon it would be fairly simple to introduce now we have seasoncard, we could put a tenner on the card again similar to payg and then off we trot in the stadium. The 'stalls' inside could then stop taking money and take payments from seasoncards only.

But what could we call it? (cue - Some smartarse is going to come up with clubcard..)

they do this at the Ajax Amsterdam Arena too

i guess does help move things along quickly (if you already have a card) but a pain in the arse queing for food to be told you need to queue up for a prepay card and then queue for your food once again.....

its annoying as they only take those cards, no cash, and the cards were pre-determined amounts too such as 20,30 euro's etc which is also a pain - ive still got a card with like 8 euros left or something as i couldnt just buy the amount i needed so couldnt spend it intime and not even able to cash it back in.

I like this idea.

I'm on of those who like to pay in the correct change as I don't like carrying spare change around with me. So I take forever paying, it makes me laugh actually as I hate people who pay with a large note if they only get one thing. :blink:

After reading Storms comment, would this mean the away fans would have to buy a card to get things? As like he said he never spent all his money on the card at Ajax then we'd be getting some free money off the away fans :D

Edited by TrueBlue

I like this idea.

I'm on of those who like to pay in the correct change as I don't like carrying spare change around with me. So I take forever paying, it makes me laugh actually as I hate people who pay with a large note if they only get one thing. :blink:

After reading Storms comment, would this mean the away fans would have to buy a card to get things? As like he said he never spent all his money on the card at Ajax then we'd be getting some free money off the away fans :D

OCD??

I think phase 1 was the introduction of the seasoncard.

The memory chip on the card is already capable of storing the fans id, each fan will be given a unique number through the seasoncard and it would only require one extra field to collaborate with a database that efc would set up to tell the till how much money is on the card when fan attempts to buy said warm chang. ;)

Storm how did you find the system overall? Was it effective?

how did you find the system overall? Was it effective?

Yes definately a good system, made those beer purchases much quicker .. to be honest i cant really rem queuing much at all at any time :D

The Ajax cards are more throwaway (sure i remember seeing them sold in a vending machine - but not certain as i was a bit "under the influence!") - Just buy the 10,20 euro card etc, use it up then dispose of it.. rather than what your suggesting we may be going for a single card for top-ups/linked to your (season) ticket etc, which i think is a better idea.. im all for it.

good idea. makes each transaction quicker as its only a swipe instead of handling money (i know in some cases it can take a while). therefore queues are shorter and more people can get a beer of pie at half time.

plus its a good oppertunity for the club to get more money as alot of people will put 30 quid plus on there. like topping up phone i normally put 20 quid at least. imagine loadsa people doing that.

we can do vouchers for the away fans. offer a package of the away seat plus 10 quid voucher to spend on food/drink. therefore we can get more money off away supporters

im all for it. email the fuck outta ian ross

Couldnt be to hard to set up as even my eldest lad's local school have such & they are retards.

Each kid has a personalsied card that Mums & Dad's pay credit via the school on & it entitles them to use it in a swipe type manor with the schools printers, canteen & for payment of field trips, sports etc etc etc. ( Schools always want money)

A good idea & Saves kids carrying cash @ school.

Surely it would be a time & convenicne saving factor @ football grounds.

Time is money they say & even @ worse ( thoguh I think ripping of away fans & making them get a day card or something is the way 2 go) A cash reg set up could stil be used only limited for the away fans.

Makes sense to utilise technology for such.

A good idea.

It's just a pity that those in authority at Everton do not have the imagination and idea's of Louis. I personally think that the LED type advertisements at pitchside and this would really improve the 'Goodison experience'. That, and better seating!

I was impressed with the ticket swipe entrance thing they introduced at the beginning of the season though.

would be a good system, especially for young uns who go the game.

you would have to still do cash for the away supporters and the johny come latelys. but the season ticket holders having it would speed up the ques alot. maybe give you £20 on it already with your season ticket so you get used to the idea

It is a good iead in theory, they have those cards in my work and you can place your card in a machine and add the cash to top it up, which is handy. This could be used for season ticket holders and then they could also sell disposable tickets for to not so frequent visitors and away fans.

it would be a hit if the pre-pay card holders got something like, I dont know, maybe a 5 or 10% discount on food, or soft drinks, etc...and none holders would have to pay the full price.

It could even be a price hike for none users and current card holders get the current prices?

Eitherway, there is definately something in this idea.

:)

Rather than confusing match day, perhaps card holders could get discount of say that 5 or 10% on club merchandise as an extra incentive.

Get Tesco's on board & it could become really valuable to fans. Call it whatever the corporates want ( i,e the Everton Fc Tesco family club card or whatever, gives them further exposure etc & get's Evertonians a discount on their groceries n shiote.

Sounds trivial but would be a big bonuses for modern family's a 10% etc off the grocery's & keeps them coming to Tesco from the corporate point of view etc - Perhaps even a stepping stone towards the possible futre EFc - Tesco Alliance ?

Maybe even JJb could be aproached as our merchandisers etc.

All top ideas folks & genuine food for thought - You lot should run football clubs.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
The Everton Card is an excellent method of budgeting and controlling spending whereby only the available card balance can be spent.

This special range of prepaid cards will be available to anybody over the age of 12, and is accepted wherever the Visa sign is displayed.

Users can load spending money onto the card and the temptation to overspend can be left at home. There are many fans who do not want credit, but still want the benefit of being able to use a card to pay for goods or services, online or on the high street, whilst limiting the amount available to spend.

The card can also be topped up online with the fund arriving on the card within 30 seconds - a great alternative to cash.

What's more, The Everton Card will enable parents to educate their children as to the benefits and ways of managing their money and controlling their spending safely, without carrying cash.

The card has a whole host of versions including an exclusive Platinum card - available only to Season Ticket Holders (aged 18 and over), a ‘standard’ adult card, and a card for 12 to 18 year olds. Each will have its own, unique, features and design.

To be known simply as ‘The Everton Card’, the card is launched in conjunction with Yes! Money, the European prepaid card operator, and is accepted in over 25 million outlets worldwide, and 1.2 million ATM’s.

For more information, or to see the range of cards on offer, visit evertonfc.com/theevertoncard.

Peter Trembling, Everton Football Club’s Head of Commercial Partnerships believes this is an excellent card for all Everton fans.

"As a club we already offer credit and savings schemes to our fans, and this is a sensible and logical product to add, especially in today’s economic climate. It will enable us to greatly enhance the way in which fans interact with the Club, and to create special offers and promotions exclusively for our fans.

"We see this as a product that the real Evertonian will not want to be without. This product also has benefits for local businesses and may even become popular with them as a budgeting and management tool.

"This is a fantastic way for our fans to manage their money, and we look forward to our supporters going away with us and using their Everton Card for travel and any expenditure at other stadiums."

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.p...34&catid=58

It is a good iead in theory, they have those cards in my work and you can place your card in a machine and add the cash to top it up, which is handy. This could be used for season ticket holders and then they could also sell disposable tickets for to not so frequent visitors and away fans.

Id just make them people cue up in their own SPECIAL que ha ha ha then we could all point and laugh

Sorry... just a joke