IGNORED

should we b looking to sign a leftwinger

2trueblue

I like Kilbane and think he does a good job for us ( and yes i go to most Home games ) but i think he's not helped by having a totally inept left back behind him in Pistone .

I believe strikers are much more priority just now but AVM would be well nice . :lol:

I like Kilbane and think he does a good job for us

ok...I know youre kidding now. I get the feeling saying anything remotely critical is sneered at on these pages, but I just have to say Zinedine just aint up to scratch no mo. And yes, I do go to most of the home games. All he sort of does is knock the ball past people and then try and beat them for pace, which he normally fails to do, and looks stupid. I'm sorry - but its the truth. I would be playing Jimmy Mac ahead of him every game, and would be on my knees in Milan begging VDM to don the blue.

once again i agree with willo, kilbane is a quality player, he just isnt getting the right service from the rather inept pistone, i reckon theres a bit of a communication problem between them, ill give you that newtjedi though, he does seem to be lacking in pace a wee bit, but other than that i dont think you can fault him, see how he does if, presumably, DM sticks neville on at left back for the time being

I get the feeling saying anything remotely critical is sneered at on these pages,

Not at all mate , that is what the forum is for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not gonna rip you for having an opinion and i hope that saying goes for everyone .

I for one am a big Kilbane fan , i think he runs his heart out for the Blues and deserves a bit more support from the man behind him as Pistone passes the ball to him then runs backwards and leaves Killa to take on 2 players .

I think there are other priorities just now than another left winger .

Edited by Willo

I think Kilbane's a good squad player but he really doesn't seem to get alot of the ball. Seemed like the invisible man for large parts of the Bolton match but when he moved into the centre he looked alright. Would choose Faddy in games that don't require as much of a physical battle but other than that i'd keep Killa in as he's tall and strong just isn't really on form at the moment.

Agree Willo definitley need reinforcements in other places than left midfield need a decent striker, left back and a right back as if Hibbert gets injured were going to be in trouble.

fair enough fitness and hard work will get you far, but only coupled with ability will it make a big difference in a team. Unfortunately for Killa, he plays in a position where the abilty to beat a man is key. We need a match winner in these positions if we are to play 1 man up front. Think back to the days of Kanchelskis, compare him with Kilbane and you will see the justification. Kilbane will not let you down and is a top team player, but he will not win you games when pitched against a top full back.

I think that it will be fair to rate Killer when he has a decent leftback behind him, i read an article which started "Is Pistone made of glass?" that sums him up in one line!! All to often he aint got the balls for a scrap and that leaves Killer having to defend!!

That said tho, if we do get a quality leftback then Killer's left with no excuses is he? We need someone to back him up as Pistone has never made an overlapping run in his life (apart from the one against Villareal which led to him having a nosebleed i heard)!!!