IGNORED

F1 Chat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

Visa Cash App RB, what a poetic and evocative nod to the romantically named teams of the past!

Maserati, Lotus, Brabham, Lindwall, Hesketh, Jordan, Brawn, Jaguar, Ligier, Visa Cash App RB...rolls off the tongue doesn't it?

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Sky Sports have confirmed it.

Didn't see that coming and now he's even less likeable for it :lol:.

Being talked about as a done deal npw.

Won't make him less likeable for me, if anything some grudging respect for making the move so late in his career. Ferrari still the pinnacle of F1 for many so can see the attraction of going there, if he gets a decent car. Not going to like the traditional Italian strategy fuck-ups though, could be some tasty in car radio:P

1 hour ago, Gwlad said:

Just wonder how Sainz will feel now. Hope he does well and Ferrari look idiots. Norris to Merc, Mike?

Would likely be a backward step, think McLaren will be faster than Mercedes this year...and Lando has just signed a contract extension anyway.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Personally, I hope he falls flat on his face there and Mercedes comfortably outperform them.

I can't stand Ferrari and never want them to win anything.

I didn't say I wanted him to succeed there (heaven forbid), I can just understand why he did it.

He’s desperate for that 8th championship so he can finish his career having won the most in his own right. He’s leaving Mercedes for Ferrari because their car his dropping further down the ranks, so he’s hoping Ferrari can give him a car to win that 8th championship. So he sees 2025 with Ferrari as his best chance to get that 8th title, otherwise why leave So for me I don’t have a problem with someone trying to reach their goal, so he’d taking the gamble because staying at Mercedes he wasn’t going to win that 8th title. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I didn't say I wanted him to succeed there (heaven forbid), I can just understand why he did it.

They're both entitled, therefore the perfect fit? :lol:

47 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He’s desperate for that 8th championship so he can finish his career having won the most in his own right. He’s leaving Mercedes for Ferrari because their car his dropping further down the ranks, so he’s hoping Ferrari can give him a car to win that 8th championship. So he sees 2025 with Ferrari as his best chance to get that 8th title, otherwise why leave So for me I don’t have a problem with someone trying to reach their goal, so he’d taking the gamble because staying at Mercedes he wasn’t going to win that 8th title. 

Unless they make a huge jump then he's got no chance of winning another title there. McLaren look like the ones that will challenge. He's going there for the prestige of saying he drove for Ferrari, the romance of it all. Like Vettel found when he did the same thing, it could quickly turn into a nightmare and I hope it does.

I also hope Sainz has a brilliant last season for them to really stick it to them because they've done him dirty big time. They were clearly dragging their heels on his new deal because they'd been talking to Hamilton in secret.

It's funny that when Hamilton signed his recent contract he said he'd always been in the Mercedes family right from the start and he wanted to end that way too. So maybe he already knows this years Mercedes is going to be a bag of shite again so is going to risk going elsewhere. And a risk is exactly what it is if he's looking for another title.