IGNORED

Sean Davis Linked Again

Everton have been linked with a move for Sean Davis, a player David Moyes tried to bring to Goodison Park a couple of years ago until the move broke down due to fears over the stability of the players' knee.

Davis has made just one appearance for the club he chose after Everton baulked at the £5m deal, Spurs, and is keen to play first team football elsewhere in the Premiership.

His old club, Fulham, are also said to be in the running for the player who's price tag has dropped dramatically in the last two years to just £2m - well within Everton's remit for a player who, despite recent injury, has the kind of quality that David Moyes likes to work with.

Davis said recently : "There is an embarassment of quality players in the reserve team. The likes of myself, Pedro Mendes and Anthony Gardner are not getting a game and I don't know how much longer you can wait for your chance.

"Most of us are used to playing week in, week out. When you're not it's hard to take.

"When you're not making an 18 or 20-man squad it can be a bit depressing - but you can't sulk. You have to keep working hard and be professional.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/comment.php?comment.news.1272

http://www.fulhamweb.com/fulhamweb/news/re...article_id=4721

If he passed a tight medical i dont think this would be a bad move!

Look at how much everyone was dreading killa playing against the mancs (give him his due he never put a foot wrong) a player like Davis in our squad for 2M would give us other options.

Currently when cahill, arteta & VDM are out we dont have many options. We have a midfield but they could not be classed as good & as a unit they dont appear capable of playing together!

I dont think we would spend the money on him. Another injury prone player is just what we need :) I think with the window fast approaching the media are fishing for an article and the fact he was linked once before gives them a chance to write a few lines. Dont want him, i agree with EvertonLad, add the 2 mil ontop of what is set aside for a striker and buy a class stiking option.

Whilst he would be a decent squad player, think since we were linked with him in the past we have improved our squad. I would only sign him if someone left in a similar position ie Carsly? Should spend the money elsewhere need two new strikers Keane and Nugent and get rid of Bent.